Persuading lords to join your kingdom is absolutely broken and needs to be fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

First, it costs literal millions of denars to recruit a lord to your kingdom, if you can pass the speech checks (which aren't too bad, provided you're friends). This is absolutely absurd, how am I supposed to recruit anyone without bankrupting myself? Not to mention, how am I supposed to make the millions required to do this without exploits? And its just for one clan.
Secondly, you aren't even guaranteed to have the lord take his fiefs with him. Apparently, some people have seen this happen where a lord will take fiefs with him, but I've never once had a lord do this. So not only have you spent millions on recruiting a clan after persuading them to put their family on the line and giving them enough money/javelins to never worry about money again, they abandon what territory they already had. Bravo.
This needs to change, or player kingdoms are completely broken without mods. Go replay warband, devs. Convince a lord to join you. Persuading him actually matters - no need to utilize exploits (is it really an exploit if it solves broken features...?), no bankrupting yourself, no throwing literally everything you own at him to join you, your words are enough. Then, imagine this - he'll take his fiefs with him every time.

You shouldn't be bribing lords to join you if you're not financially secure. The whole concept of historic kingship is based on what you can provide to your followers. If you can't provide, they won't follow you.

I look for landless families, they're much cheaper. Although, like you've said, I have managed to get the Togaroving to join me, and bring all their lands - but it did take quite some money...

If you want to make millions without exploits, follow the trade tree by doing the big merchant loop. Start by buying horses in Askar, then do a loop through Vlandia, pickup more horses in Sennon, and head up through Sturgia, buying more horses in the Khuzait lands, and head back to Askar. Along the way buy and sell other low cost food goods... collect dates in Askar, olives and grapes in Vlandia, raw materials in Battania... etc. A single loop can pull in more than 150k and 20 or 30 trade points. With the additional money you've made, do the loop again with more horses and products. Repeat the loop until you have the money you require.

If you do it early game, you can end up the richest person in the world within a game year.

First, it costs literal millions of denars to recruit a lord to your kingdom, if you can pass the speech checks (which aren't too bad, provided you're friends). This is absolutely absurd, how am I supposed to recruit anyone without bankrupting myself? Not to mention, how am I supposed to make the millions required to do this without exploits? And its just for one clan.
Fighting battles and selling the loot. I run a relatively cheap party (partly due to perks, partly due to just not upgrading units) and your daily gains can cross 10K average + mercenary payout if you're good at finding battles and winning them cheaply (in blood terms).

Lords will take their fiefs with them only if you're at war, otherwise they wont.
On, the price tags I find it that spending money in SP is more difficult than making it in the end game. Once you've established yourself as the owner of a relatively prosperous city, you will be making more than you can spend. Tho its understandable that clans are expensive to bribe, maybe they should be a bit cheaper. In previous patches you could convince the entire map to join you without even spending that much, so I dont really know what a proper solution is or if it should be left like it is.

Back
Top Bottom