Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Gishank said:
Either I'm missing something staring me blankly in the face, or the latest version of the name server is broken in regards to admin_permissions.
That's possible, since I might have missed testing it properly: what precisely doesn't work?
Morlock14 said:
There is a rumor around that Vornne is working on a PW mod for Bannerlord
Totally wrong: that would be impossible, since we hardly know anything about how the Bannerlord module system will work, or whether features of the game engine conflict with or make obsolete various design aspects of PW. Also, please stop bothering me about it in private messages, people.
domipoppe said:
It`s called "thin_lance" IG. So look out for some item called thin_lance.
The weird thing is on the PW sourcecodes only the scripts.py & strings.py are updated nothing other.
Means? Seems like the item is not added on the source or some item got just renamed.
No, the item was added; check the commit diffs: https://github.com/vornne/pw_module_system/commit/8bb686166e6b4549c1a3539ece60d7832dad5ae9
prototypus said:
Whats the wind direction doing or affecting?
The wind direction is for the weather systems: if you want the wind to change strength and direction, place one in your scene, and set the values for the minimum and maximum limits. The wind arrow will rotate and animate up and down to change the wind direction and strength, and the weather systems placed in the scene will move correspondingly; the props are invisible, but the clients get animation updates to synchronize the current location and movement of the rain or snow, with heavier precipitation and fog in the middle. Maximum and minimum precipitation intensity can be set in the values for each weather system. The invisible snow level prop should be placed at a certain height in the scene to change rain to fall as snow.

The nameserver doesn't appear to be checking/assigning the admin permissions correctly. Meaning that if you login with the administrative password you will have full admin permissions regardless of what is actually set in the database, suggesting that the response the script is sending to the server is either being interpreted incorrectly or is malformed (or perhaps the admin menu hasn't been correctly updated to function with the updated nameserver). There were no errors in the server console as far as I am aware. I am unsure if there are any other issues but that is certainly the most prominent one, given most people use name server for that specific feature.

Vornne said:
Gishank said:
Either I'm missing something staring me blankly in the face, or the latest version of the name server is broken in regards to admin_permissions.
That's possible, since I might have missed testing it properly: what precisely doesn't work?
Morlock14 said:
There is a rumor around that Vornne is working on a PW mod for Bannerlord
Totally wrong: that would be impossible, since we hardly know anything about how the Bannerlord module system will work, or whether features of the game engine conflict with or make obsolete various design aspects of PW. Also, please stop bothering me about it in private messages, people.
domipoppe said:
It`s called "thin_lance" IG. So look out for some item called thin_lance.
The weird thing is on the PW sourcecodes only the scripts.py & strings.py are updated nothing other.
Means? Seems like the item is not added on the source or some item got just renamed.
No, the item was added; check the commit diffs: https://github.com/vornne/pw_module_system/commit/8bb686166e6b4549c1a3539ece60d7832dad5ae9
prototypus said:
Whats the wind direction doing or affecting?
The wind direction is for the weather systems: if you want the wind to change strength and direction, place one in your scene, and set the values for the minimum and maximum limits. The wind arrow will rotate and animate up and down to change the wind direction and strength, and the weather systems placed in the scene will move correspondingly; the props are invisible, but the clients get animation updates to synchronize the current location and movement of the rain or snow, with heavier precipitation and fog in the middle. Maximum and minimum precipitation intensity can be set in the values for each weather system. The invisible snow level prop should be placed at a certain height in the scene to change rain to fall as snow.

Apparently (according to Avenger who just told me this over steam) you can find the lances in ''Items'', yet it isn't there at buyable items.

Maybe a small mistake? Or...
Both myself and Avenger couldn't find it in the buyable items list (the PW_... items)

The Bowman said:
Add usable invisible scene props for triggering custom scripts.
I tried to find something alike in the scene editor, but I failed to notice anything. Does anyone know what are they called like?

Hm I was only looking for the new 'Thin_Lance', but went through the entire list of 'pw_' items. Only new thing I found was the apple tree. (Might have missed it though since i wasn't looking for it)

It seems like the thin_lance is added in the scripts and if you would spawn it then it would work to get used but on scene_props.py I can't find something which has to do something with the thin lance. I think it's not added as a scene prop but added as an item (if I looked into the correct files, I don't really understand these diffs).

Hello have little problem with game.

I instaled 4.5 today and after start  cinematic i got black screen and after few second i got error and must close game can someone explain me how to make it work.

I also tried  updated 4,4 version but same problem.

Pelda

It sould like your computer cannot handle the mod very efficiently. Try to avoid Alt-Tabbing from the game; also, you can enable load textures on demand from the launcher menu. That might help for some people.

Gishank said:
The nameserver doesn't appear to be checking/assigning the admin permissions correctly. Meaning that if you login with the administrative password you will have full admin permissions regardless of what is actually set in the database, suggesting that the response the script is sending to the server is either being interpreted incorrectly or is malformed (or perhaps the admin menu hasn't been correctly updated to function with the updated nameserver). There were no errors in the server console as far as I am aware. I am unsure if there are any other issues but that is certainly the most prominent one, given most people use name server for that specific feature.
I will look into it later: the network format for the admin permissions should be the same as last version, so it's probably just a small bug (not requiring any client updates, just server or web server).
domipoppe said:
It seems like the thin_lance is added in the scripts and if you would spawn it then it would work to get used but on scene_props.py I can't find something which has to do something with the thin lance. I think it's not added as a scene prop but added as an item (if I looked into the correct files, I don't really understand these diffs).
True, that was a mistake of mine. Unfortunately adding another scene prop for the Thin Lance stockpile would break compatibility between servers and clients, requiring a module version bump to 4.6, so instead I might release a txt patch which would associate the normal Lance stockpile with the Thin Lance, to be optionally installed on PW_4.5 by server hosters. The cost would have to be the normal 670 though for client interface compatibility, rather than the lowered 230 for the breakable version.

Firestorm said:
Anyone else notice that when you spawn in after installing the 4.5 update and you had a scalpel on you when you logged off it turns into salt.  :fruity:

I assume that you were playing on a server which makes extensive use of server-side scripts; in this case, we're talking about equipment saving. I don't think this has anything to to with the mod itself.

Back
Top Bottom