Permanently missable items?

Users who are viewing this thread

KiriKaneko

Veteran
So I decided to give the game another try before chapter 2. I didn't check this last time and can't remember but are there any permanently missable items in this game?

You can never get the fire gem if you get the other gem from the king. You can't get the other special items from robin after you pick one(you can still get a plain boromir's sword with special reward). Other than those I don't remember.

By the way, as I play this I get this weird nostalgic feeling. I feel like I've played a game like this before or watched an anime like it. I have this feeling like I can almost remember where I saw something like this but I just can't put my finger on it. Was this mod inspired by another work?

It's been a long time since I played this mod, I can't remember anymore

I seem to remember there being this horse market in the desert but I can't find it. I tried looking it up and all I could find out is it's somewhere near Tulga but I searched all over and can't find it. Where is it? :smile:

Also are there any special companions? I seem to remember Xerina being recruitable and there being someone else you unlock by fighting in the arena melees but I can't remember the details

KiriKaneko said:
It's been a long time since I played this mod, I can't remember anymore

I seem to remember there being this horse market in the desert but I can't find it. I tried looking it up and all I could find out is it's somewhere near Tulga but I searched all over and can't find it. Where is it? :smile:

Also are there any special companions? I seem to remember Xerina being recruitable and there being someone else you unlock by fighting in the arena melees but I can't remember the details
When your relation with Marnid is high enough he'll tell you about the market somewhere in the storyline.
When you leave the manhunters group
Ramun will tell you about a guide and you'll find him in Reyvadin's castle.
After you destroy the Dark Pilgrim's hideout
After you complete the forest bandit hunting quest
After you win the National Tournament
Rolf will tell you about her and you'll play as Rolf and save her then she will join you(you have to be neutral).
He will join you after Garneev destroys your horn(again, you have to be neutral).
After the siege of Zendar

I'm hunting the special items like excalibur. Does it matter who I kill? I've killed a lot of sea raiders and at first I got a a few special items but since then its been saddles and crystals. I also killed some bandits and got a sword and the bow quickly but after that it was always crystals. Do I have to kill specific groups to get the items or is it a coincidence?

KiriKaneko said:
I'm hunting the special items like excalibur. Does it matter who I kill? I've killed a lot of sea raiders and at first I got a a few special items but since then its been saddles and crystals. I also killed some bandits and got a sword and the bow quickly but after that it was always crystals. Do I have to kill specific groups to get the items or is it a coincidence?
Depends on your luck + enemy strength.

So the stronger the enemy force the more likely I am to get an item, and it's not dependent on the type of enemies? Thanks!

KiriKaneko said:
So the stronger the enemy force the more likely I am to get an item, and it's not dependent on the type of enemies? Thanks!
You get special weapons, gems and horse armor from dark groups and sea raiders.
You (this never happened to me)get iron shield from forest bandits.
You get gems and horse armor from black khergits.
I never got anything from taiga bandits.

Thankyou for the detailed information! I will continue hunting dark forces. Nord has the sea raiders pretty much locked down so I can't hunt them til they go to war again lol

Well I've been hunting dark forces for hours now and tearing my hair out with frustration. I got the throwing spear pretty quickly but since then it's been nothing but gems and horse armour. I've been killing dark hutners and knights and have gotten 1k renown and another 2k cavalry command experience and still I haven't found any other special items

The item I am searching for is Excalibur. I've been fighting for ages now and all I'm getting is gems and horse armour. Excalibur, Iron Cramp Staff and Steel Spear and the only ones I am missing but Excalibur is the only one I really want :/

Are you sure that Dark Forces drop the sword? You said only black khergits drop gems and saddles but Ive been getting lots of gems and saddles from dark hunters/knights, so perhaps I need to be killing a specific type of enemy to acquire the sword? I wonder if it's female bandits that drop it, I already got Melva so I don't think I can fight them anymore

KiriKaneko said:
Well I've been hunting dark forces for hours now and tearing my hair out with frustration. I got the throwing spear pretty quickly but since then it's been nothing but gems and horse armour. I've been killing dark hutners and knights and have gotten 1k renown and another 2k cavalry command experience and still I haven't found any other special items

The item I am searching for is Excalibur. I've been fighting for ages now and all I'm getting is gems and horse armour. Excalibur, Iron Cramp Staff and Steel Spear and the only ones I am missing but Excalibur is the only one I really want :/

Are you sure that Dark Forces drop the sword? You said only black khergits drop gems and saddles but Ive been getting lots of gems and saddles from dark hunters/knights, so perhaps I need to be killing a specific type of enemy to acquire the sword? I wonder if it's female bandits that drop it, I already got Melva so I don't think I can fight them anymore
I think Tang Sword is better than Excalibur becasue of its speed and the ability to knock people. But if you really want it, try Black Khergits. I'm sorry but what I said seems to be wrong, because I now remembered that ı once dropped Iron Cramp Staff from Black Khergits. Sorry for killing your time :sad:

If you're looking to complete the collection, you have to hunt dark force troops. Black Khergits won't do it.

Also, the higher the level of the dark force troops, the higher the chance of dropping special items. Try Dark Avengers later in the game.
God knows you have to kill a heckload of those anyway.

1st special item dropped is relative to your highest proficiency, so it's best to make that count for the one weapon your hero wants the most.

Be careful, stat bonuses from items stack...BUT they can't raise above the max and once you remove them, you'll lose that stat bonus.
For example: Base Power Strike 12, then you stack 2 special items for +4 Power Strike, your max is 15.
                    If you remove both items, your base will be reduced to 11. Because 15 -2 -2 = 11.

Same with Str, Agi, Int, Cha.

Back
Top Bottom