Permanent stat loss over time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Puerkl8r

Sergeant at Arms
I have heard that the first M&B had permanent stat loss after X amount of days.

Is it that way in Warband as well? I heard that it wasn't and that relieved me because the idea of that just upsets me, however i saw this line in a mod that came out for warband:

- Permanent stat loss due to aging & capture how now been disabled

I kinda knew about the one from capture (which i dont think should be permanent, just temporary)

No clue what youre talking about, ive never seen nor heard of such a thing in either M&B.

I've been captured a few time, for upwards of weeks on one occasion.  Didn't notice any stat drop, only the loss of some gold and inventory items.  I know what you are talking about but I can't confirm or deny the stat loss.

This has been since mount and Blade, but I'm told it's has to do something with "Luck" like 200 day left Luck, when 200 day is up, then those thing start to happan, but I don't like this at all since work hard level up only lose important skill and that.

There were mods for the previous game that did have a system like that, off hand I can think of Expanded Gameplay III. However, to my knowledge that has never been a part of the vanilla M&B nor have I heard of any plans of it being implemented for Warband.

:wink:

Check the Compilation of 82 Tweaks thread. I've never seen it, but if it's still in there it can be disabled.

e; also it's supposedly after 757.5 days

I just received stat damage as my character named "Archer" in M&B Warband Vanilla.

He is at day 965 and has 71 "Luck". Luck can be found by hitting "Retire" in the camp screen. He is also level 38 just going on 39. He got the stat damage from being defeated in combat while protecting his castle of Sargoth from being taken by the enemy. It said "Your tendons were damaged in the battle you have taken 1 strength damage, perhaps I'm getting unlucky?".

When I played M&B the original I also got stat damage around the same level and possibly about 300 less days.

It is completely game unbalancing as you receive stat loss, but no "level" loss. This means you lose a stat point, but it takes you about 4-8 hours of real life time to level up and put the stat back up at which point it takes even longer to level up to the next level up if you receive another stat loss after that. It just escalates and escalates the higher level you are until you can just never keep up with the loss no matter what. Instead they should have just given you a level reduction/reset so you lose the stat, skill, proficiency that you put in last level up.  That would take less time to get the stat back. In my opinion? They should just get rid of the stat loss altogether, as one stat point is a significant loss to anyone who is playing M&B. Either that or it should be based off of how old your character is (near the end of his retirement, etc) thus showing your character cannot shrug off defeat like he/she could when they were younger.

~Luther

I suppose it makes sense that continue duress would wear your body out. You see it with professional atheletes all the time. Many retire with severely damaged bodies (most recently, see John Terry).

While I have seen stat loss from old age... never seen it from being captured or losing battles.

Then again, when my games hits 700+ days I rarely, if ever, lose battles.

LutherKrin said:
It is completely game unbalancing as you receive stat loss, but no "level" loss.
Yes, the idea is that once you start taking permanent damage it's a subtle hint to start planning your retirement. Characters aren't supposed to last forever.

Not sure precisely what it's tied to. Getting KO'd in battle depletes it, you might lose some over time but since you start with 200 it's evidently not 1 per day if you still have 71 left at 965. I have a feeling any time you're KO'd it rolls against luck to see if you avoid permanent injury (so 100 luck means you'll get off scot free, 50 luck means there's a 50% chance of permanent damage).

tommylaw said:
I suppose it makes sense that continue duress would wear your body out. You see it with professional atheletes all the time. Many retire with severely damaged bodies (most recently, see John Terry).

Brett Favre. (I hope he is retiring this time. If he comes back next season, I swear he'll die in a game.)

Wow. Had no idea this happened. I'm probably due for an early retirment. I'm only at around 250 days, but I have been knocked unconscious, oh, probably about 50 times.  :oops:

Edward B. said:
Wow. Had no idea this happened. I'm probably due for an early retirment. I'm only at around 250 days, but I have been knocked unconscious, oh, probably about 50 times.  :oops:
The stat loss doesn't start until day 500-600 or so. You get notified on screen about your torn ligament or brain damage or whatever.

Lord Brutus said:
Edward B. said:
The stat loss doesn't start until day 500-600 or so. You get notified on screen about your torn ligament or brain damage or whatever.
no more like 767-969 days even..

The exceeding arrow said:
Lord Brutus said:
Edward B. said:
no more like 767-969 days even..
It's day 757 according to TweakMB.

757 days really isn't that long, considering it breaks down to just a little over two years. Although I guess with two years of constant battles, you're likely to get injured.

Can't say it depend on days because but nowhere related to how many time you knocked out, i was taking out a rhodoks castle near uxkhal and got bolt in my head to knocked out first time in game and loss 1 point INT, "saying something got in my head and i am thinking to retire" what the heck

I got too angry at that time that i uninstall the whole game

interesting, game knows, which point will you loss, after all it's lack of intelligence to take on 300+ by just 11 men. but before that i had beaten up everything, 800+ enemy hadn't any chance against those 11-men army ( including all faction ), game does not count past credits, have no intelligence

by the it was fun to play only with your companions and love when the enemy come to assault me in every siege ( this was on hardest setting except combat speed normal, every one has winged and plate set, 45+ level everyone ).

thinking of playing again as archer, before only great hammer

Back
Top Bottom