Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

T.L.S. said:
Weird I've still got the problem and have hotfix 3. Havent downloaded anti CTD hotfix bc I've only had 1 ctd
Latest fix was availible only as part of anti-ctd patch (because some changes were non-savecompatible)
Question.  If I am human and marry a giant chick and create a kingdom with Giant culture, will I be able to have Giant Lords join me?
I think only if Sut and\or Bakhal not destroyed yet

No, that doesn't sound right.  If I play as a male giant with giant culture, the Giant lords will come out of exile if their factions have been destroyed and join me.  I'm wondering if the same is true if I have a Giant wife and Giant culture, but playing human. 

Mace to Face said:
T.L.S. said:
Weird I've still got the problem and have hotfix 3. Havent downloaded anti CTD hotfix bc I've only had 1 ctd
Latest fix was availible only as part of anti-ctd patch (because some changes were non-savecompatible)
Question.  If I am human and marry a giant chick and create a kingdom with Giant culture, will I be able to have Giant Lords join me?
I think only if Sut and\or Bakhal not destroyed yet

No, that doesn't sound right.  If I play as a male giant with giant culture, the Giant lords will come out of exile if their factions have been destroyed and join me.  I'm wondering if the same is true if I have a Giant wife and Giant culture, but playing human. 

As far as I know what T.L.S. said is correct. You can have giant vasssals if you persuade them to join your faction before their faction is destroyed regardless of your race.

Okay so first I would like to ask about the Perisno option menu. Seems that it doesn't work properly to me, not sure about others though.

1. When I first started a new game, i chose to not have fog of war but when I start playing, fog of war still enable.

2. I can't shield bash, even though I checked and the Silverstag option is enable

3. I ticked "Horse speed limitation" but that doesn't happen in combat, even if the horse have 1 hp left, it still run like crazy.

4. Some of my cavalry still trying to unmount in crowd even though I unticked the option "Do not force cavalry to mount" which means they must not be unmounted.

5. I don't see stamina bar anywhere.

Now, about some of the quests related bugs:

1. I talked to Khivachis about fighting the sectarians, after i defeated about 5 or 6 of them, I came back and she just gave me money, then she only asked about my progress and nothing more. Now, the sectarian dragon priest just keep spawning everywhere around Reichberg, attacking caravans and villagers, it really is a pain to travel there. Any solution?

2. I did the Venetor quest line where I have to talk to the merchant in Krain about water mill of some sort and he just told me to send his regard to Visavo Austad, after that Venetor faction established and nothing else happen. I don't understand what happened so I talked to him a few time more about the watter mill, same answer, messages about trade routes pop up and Venetor have almost 9000 garrison troops. Big "oof" for me.

3. When I received the quest to defeat Rhdacim, I kind of wander off a bit then I cant find him anymore, so I use the cheat to spawn Rhdacim but it spawn a Jinish or Zannish prince with 100 black warriors instead, i tried 2 more times, 1st try spawn the same prince and troops, the 2nd try spawn a Tolranian lord with 100 black warriors. I found Rhdacim later on btw, he was raiding some caravans.

First - those are QnA thread sorts of questions.
1. When I first started a new game, i chose to not have fog of war but when I start playing, fog of war still enable.
Hard Mode enabled? It forces FoW.
2. I can't shield bash, even though I checked and the Silverstag option is enable
as everyone else, it was disabled long time ago
3. I ticked "Horse speed limitation" but that doesn't happen in combat, even if the horse have 1 hp left, it still run like crazy.
Try to change it in diplomacy settings (not mod settings)
4. Some of my cavalry still trying to unmount in crowd even though I unticked the option "Do not force cavalry to mount" which means they must not be unmounted.
Because reading description of toggler would be nice - it's enabled by default (and this is mentioned) and works fine so you disabled it yourself
There is no stamina bar, sprint time and speed are based on your stats.
1. I talked to Khivachis about fighting the sectarians, after i defeated about 5 or 6 of them, I came back and she just gave me money, then she only asked about my progress and nothing more. Now, the sectarian dragon priest just keep spawning everywhere around Reichberg, attacking caravans and villagers, it really is a pain to travel there. Any solution?
They will keep spawning until questline is finished and actually if you defeated 5 parties (you must initiate all fights, not help someone), talked to her and took money, then you need to talk again and start last quest.
2. I did the Venetor quest line where I have to talk to the merchant in Krain about water mill of some sort and he just told me to send his regard to Visavo Austad, after that Venetor faction established and nothing else happen. I don't understand what happened so I talked to him a few time more about the watter mill, same answer, messages about trade routes pop up and Venetor have almost 9000 garrison troops. Big "oof" for me.
Last person who did that was unable to complete the quest. It shows in quest log that you need to talk to Austad iirc, he'll spawn in Venetor in few days.

I actually didn't know you could convince a Giant to join you before they were destroyed if you were a non-giant.  Good to know.  Maybe I can work on rep for a few of them I like.

Mace to Face said:
I actually didn't know you could convince a Giant to join you before they were destroyed if you were a non-giant.  Good to know.  Maybe I can work on rep for a few of them I like.
It actually was impossible on giants release, was added later.

T.L.S. said:
First - those are QnA thread sorts of questions.
Hard Mode enabled? It forces FoW.
as everyone else, it was disabled long time ago
Try to change it in diplomacy settings (not mod settings)
Because reading description of toggler would be nice - it's enabled by default (and this is mentioned) and works fine so you disabled it yourself
There is no stamina bar, sprint time and speed are based on your stats.
They will keep spawning until questline is finished and actually if you defeated 5 parties (you must initiate all fights, not help someone), talked to her and took money, then you need to talk again and start last quest.
Last person who did that was unable to complete the quest. It shows in quest log that you need to talk to Austad iirc, he'll spawn in Venetor in few days.

Thanks for the reply

About the option menu:

4. I carefully read the description, then tested in combat with both options, no matter if I enable or disable it, some of them still dismount if not commanded to charge instantly

About the quests:

1. Yes, i initiate all fight , i have been hunting down for total of over 20 of their parties all by myself with no help. When I return, she still only have the dialogue "Have you make any progress yet?" and I can't choose anything and just go with "Not yet". It's a loop.

2. I did talk to him after he spawned, but he just have the dialogue option of a normal faction leader, nothing related to the quest though.

I have a question about quest Missing Portrait. I started it by talking to princess Linthradil and she told me to interrogate Lord Th... (he's got pretty unusual name which I always forget). He told me the Assassins were involved in it so I found a group of them near the central lake and they told me they've been hired by Archduke Zaos. So I went to him only to not find any option in dialogue to ask him anything about it. I checked the notes and it still said that "I have interrogated Lord Th... blah blah blah. But why they did it?" so the quest doesn't recognize that I've already got information from Assassins and I can not advance. Is it some sort of bug? How do I fix it or bypass it?

dreamerkid111 said:

Cavalry will dismount if they don't have enough space to move. I'm pretty sure that's normal behavior, as its pretty common in mods where the armies don't automatically charge. What that option does is make them look for a new horse if they lose their own. It won't keep them from getting off the horse, but will make them get back on one

I've been poking around and searching but I can't find a definitive explanation of the encumbrance mechanic in 0.9. In some mods, such as Floris, it's easy to tell if the char is encumbered because the stat screen will indicate it. How does this work in Perisno? Can someone point me to at least a rough guideline of how this works?

What kind of penalty are we talking if a character has say an encumbrance value of 30 vs. 20?

I'm haven't really played M&B in a few years but Perisno brings all the joy back. So. Polished.

Aziyk said:
I've been poking around and searching but I can't find a definitive explanation of the encumbrance mechanic in 0.9. In some mods, such as Floris, it's easy to tell if the char is encumbered because the stat screen will indicate it. How does this work in Perisno? Can someone point me to at least a rough guideline of how this works?

What kind of penalty are we talking if a character has say an encumbrance value of 30 vs. 20?

I'm haven't really played M&B in a few years but Perisno brings all the joy back. So. Polished.
I don't know exact % penalties. But on practice same character with 30 AGI and 7 Athletics will be like 50% faster on foot with enc ~20 than with enc ~50. There is no stat penalties for heavy armor in Perisno (like in VC for example).

Does Toggle Troop proficency level option work? I checked it and to train Elintoran Hunter (1lev) to Elintoran Scout (2lev) I need to train him 2 days (on 10 Trainer Skill - 80exp for each day = 160exp) and from Elintoran Hunter (2lev) to Elintoran Bowman (3lev) I need to train him 4 days (80exp x 4 days = 320exp). The option Toggled Troop proficiency Standard or Halved is not relevant, in both cases training Elintoran Hunter (1lev) to Elintoran Bowman (3lev) takes 6 days and 480. Someone can explain it to me?

mikelts said:
Does Toggle Troop proficency level option work? I checked it and to train Elintoran Hunter (1lev) to Elintoran Scout (2lev) I need to train him 2 days (on 10 Trainer Skill - 80exp for each day = 160exp) and from Elintoran Hunter (2lev) to Elintoran Bowman (3lev) I need to train him 4 days (80exp x 4 days = 320exp). The option Toggled Troop proficiency Standard or Halved is not relevant, in both cases training Elintoran Hunter (1lev) to Elintoran Bowman (3lev) takes 6 days and 480. Someone can explain it to me?
It has nothing to do with amount of exp needed to upgrade troops. Name of the option is self explanatory - it keeps set/halves WEAPON PROFIENCIES of all non-hero units.

T.L.S. said:
mikelts said:
It has nothing to do with amount of exp needed to upgrade troops. Name of the option is self explanatory - it keeps set/halves WEAPON PROFIENCIES of all non-hero units.

Thanks for explain mate, so it is possible to decrease exp needed to upgrade my troops in a different way? 

You can do that if you are willing to edit the module.ini
You can either adjust the exp multiplier for the experience your troops get in combat, or adjust the amount of exp needed for each level. Back up the file before you go changing the values, though.

Back
Top Bottom