Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

djogloc02 said:
About the rapier, I defeated a lot of ace fighters in all training fields I found and still no sign of the Rapier...
I think there is a bug with the quest.  If you complete the training field fights before you pick up the quest, i.e. if you defeat three champions in a row before you ever see an ace fighter, the quest never proceeds. 

But don't worry.  Like most quest weapons, the rapier (which is not a rapier, but at best a small sword) is not worth it.  It is short, not particularly powerful, and its move set is uncool.

Sri Singha Mura said:
If your following the quest and defeated the 3 of the ace fighters the trainer sends at you then next step would be to go the the Capital of the Aurolo Denka, Qualetaka(?) or something that starts with Q.
I had some extra steps in between.  I had to get a book and read it, in order to figure out where the guy was holed up.

Dimitris5050 said:
Tarnish said:
Can we get lady giants with the next edition?
Ι think this would look kinda weird, but sounds cool.
For some reason the comes to my mind :shock::
Ms-Olympia.jpg

Thanks for the answer.
Which damage difficult should I play on? Normal to me and allies? Does the combat AI and campaign Ai affects everyoe or just my enemies? It's strange to see a great host of Draharan lords (1000+) and most of Hakkon lords have small parties... (20-50) witha few having 120-140 and 200-240 (except the Emperor which was captured  :ohdear:)

The size of a lord's party also depends on how lucky he was lately with rescued prisoners, as well as how much wealth he has. Check their info - those lords with very few troops probably have wealth in range of 5-10k aurums.

Which damage difficult should I play on? Normal to me and allies?
That's up to you. Nobody will judge. My personal recommendation is always normal damage to allies, because otherwise you won't really experience the full potential of army battles, and won't have to utilize your tactics/units to their fullest potential.
As for other settings? That's up to you.
I personally have everything set to max, except damage to myself (1/4 - 1/2 usually), and automatic blocking. (I suck at blocking, and most units in Perisno attack like a hurricane, which means I'll be lucky to block one swing out of ten)

I have not seen anything that indicates that legendary items are special in any way.  Some are mediocre like Kingslayer, others are great, like Skyfall, and some are absolutely incomparable to any common items, like Aegis.

Leonion said:
While you're a vassal, reinforce your fiefs.
Capture new fiefs, keep asking that they're granted to you. Then rebel when your liege decides you have enough.

When I rebelled (being a vassal of Geldar), I had like 2 or 3 towns and 5 or 6 castles.
Making Aracanus a vassal is a good idea + you can hire a mercenary company + make sure there are least some lords willing to join you (they adore you, they don't like their ruler and/or they're vassals in a weak faction).

Thank you for the help. Looks like there's a long way ahead of me still :grin:

Just to clarify: THIS many fiefs is not a requirement.  :smile:

Rhinio just didn't want to give me a chance to rebel, so he always agreed to give me fiefs I conquered.
And I didn't use unimmersive tactics like refusing a fief and then complaining about not getting it or persuading other lords to vote for somebody else.

Lazy Buttons said:
The size of a lord's party also depends on how lucky he was lately with rescued prisoners, as well as how much wealth he has. Check their info - those lords with very few troops probably have wealth in range of 5-10k aurums.

Which damage difficult should I play on? Normal to me and allies?
That's up to you. Nobody will judge. My personal recommendation is always normal damage to allies, because otherwise you won't really experience the full potential of army battles, and won't have to utilize your tactics/units to their fullest potential.
As for other settings? That's up to you.
I personally have everything set to max, except damage to myself (1/4 - 1/2 usually), and automatic blocking. (I suck at blocking, and most units in Perisno attack like a hurricane, which means I'll be lucky to block one swing out of ten)

That's because of faster combat speed and good combat AI, I generally use average speed and AI, and good campaign AI.

As someone said, Kingslayer could be a lot better... at least it was better than my previous bastard sword.

Flameroran77 said:
Are they from a destroyed faction? If they are, they're almost certainly in prison. I had a simliar issue when Drahara managed to take out Tolrania and the Hakkon Empire; I got a bunch of lords that joined my kingdom, but none of them showed up. Realized a few minutes later that they were still imprisoned from their defeat. When I freed them all, the ones that wanted to join my faction skipped the "I am in your debt..." dialogue and went straight to the joining dialogue.

Yep, and funnily enough it was also Drahara. Will they be freed automatically, or do i have to declare war on one of the biggest empires in my game to free them?

Oh and thanks alot for the answer :smile:

question to the pro's out there, when you attack an enemy with a weapon does it still always bounce off or will you get more satisfying blows as you get stronger. as your characters now

plus can i see a picture of your characters stats so that i can know how stronger i need to get
sorry if it's to much to ask

hanniballigula said:
question to the pro's out there, when you attack an enemy with a weapon does it still always bounce off or will you get more satisfying blows as you get stronger. as your characters now

plus can i see a picture of your characters stats so that i can know how stronger i need to get
sorry if it's to much to ask

"Bouncing off" probably just means you deal 0 damage. So yes, you will get much stronger with improving stats/weapons. This mod has a pretty huge gap between low and elite-tier troops, it'll take a bit before you can take them down. For example, i currently have over 100 armor, most mid-tier enemies only deal 0-10 damage per blow.

I guess as a compensation they made it possible to level your power strike/throw/draw to 15, so later in the game it'll get much easier.

Leonion said:
You don't have to declare war to free prisoners.
Just sneak into respective enemy fiefs and do this.

Thanks, that worked :smile:

fLiPp said:
"Bouncing off" probably just means you deal 0 damage. So yes, you will get much stronger with improving stats/weapons. This mod has a pretty huge gap between low and elite-tier troops, it'll take a bit before you can take them down. For example, i currently have over 100 armor, most mid-tier enemies only deal 0-10 damage per blow.

I guess as a compensation they made it possible to level your power strike/throw/draw to 15, so later in the game it'll get much easier.

Leonion said:
You don't have to declare war to free prisoners.
Just sneak into respective enemy fiefs and do this.

Thanks, that worked :smile:
thanks it helps

Voidmare said:
I have an army of 155 men, almost all elites except some units hired from the Mercenary Guild. I have a lot of aurums, 600k and a stable income of about ~30k every week. I'd like to start my own kingdom, but every time I actually manage to find a castle that is poorly garrisoned, after I take it, enlist recruiters and a patrol, make Aracanus my vassal, the enemy besieges my castle so fast that I can't fight back. How can I start my own kingdom? I am currently a vassal of the Zann Dynasty, whenever I get my own city I will try to rebel, however the Zann Dynasty has a lot of troops everywhere, their castles usually hold 1000 troops and I have no way of fighting them. What can I do?
I would honestly advise against rebelling against the Zann Dynasty, especially if they've still got a lot of their non-lord forces running around. In fact, the Zann invasion is easily the best time to rebel against any of the other major factions that the Zann are at war with. They'll be way too busy being drowned in Zannese corpses to bother with you, and once you rebel, the Zann will be at peace with you. A good way to to about it is to ignore Shi Jin's quest and leave the Zann Hordes alone. They'll keep your enemies busy while you gather support and consolidate your position. If, by some miracle, your enemy takes notice of you and causes you trouble, I'd advise you to strike first. Attack their lords when they're alone, and keep them off balance. If they get a marshal army together, you can still strike first. See, at night, the range at which a party will join another in battle goes _way_ down. However, lords often don't take that into account, and will chase your party far enough that you can engage them alone, or at least with minimal reinforcements. With an elite force, it's more than possible to take down a lord's party twice your size. Whittle away at the lords accompanying the marshal and give yourself a better chance if/when you have to defend the walls. Just be sure figure out which lords are more dangerous than the rest. There's a few lords that you'll have to have an army that is beyond elite to fight effectively. Lioniasus, Tytus Rex, Oskar, and Gereon come to mind. Be sure to also take advantage of the boost in party size being a king gives you (+100!)

Leonion said:
While you're a vassal, reinforce your fiefs.
Capture new fiefs, keep asking that they're granted to you. Then rebel when your liege decides you have enough.

When I rebelled (being a vassal of Geldar), I had like 2 or 3 towns and 5 or 6 castles.
Making Aracanus a vassal is a good idea + you can hire a mercenary company + make sure there are least some lords willing to join you (they adore you, they don't like their ruler and/or they're vassals in a weak faction).
I can never convince myself to make Aracanus a vassal. I know he's a beast as a lord, but I just love having him in my party. He's such a fantastic trainer, and he can be made into a good diplomat/emissary as well. I know it's kind of dumb, but yeah  :sad:

...Anyway, yeah. Mercenary companies are a good investment. In my experience they're great for giving your army some padding in regards to size and keeping you from fighting battles with a really low battle advantage. A  few dozen sellswords and mercenary crossbowmen can make a much bigger difference than you might actually think.

I personally had a lot of trouble with getting any vassals to join my kingdom for a pretty long time, but that might just have been me. Pretty much all of the lords that I was friends with were intensely loyal to their lieges, and I'd ignored the rest.

I am so... I don't know, how the **** do you defeat Drahara? Like, the only battles I won is with damage on easiest, like, our infantry is not even militia, it's legionnaries, veteran/imperial spearmen with imperial knights, perisno maiden rangers  and champions, mercenary knights, all of them hardened warriors, and yet, I order them to attack a simple archer division and they get rekt, a light rider killed my maiden champion... it was like 186 vs 214, but still...

Back
Top Bottom