Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Kimboz said:
So i found out i may have not been clear enough, this is what i mean:
1: i am sure i sent proposals of truce through someone of my "ministers", don't know which one it was (is there a Minister called "Minister"? where is it located? mostly my NPC personnel is in Arendal (like the marshal, the constable, etc). What is the dialogue option?
2: as above
3 : I'll try that
4: exactly, how is a king supposed to do the shopping? if i need someting to change court location, to prepare a gift etc, can't my NPCs get it themselves and send me the receipts? I am now required to stay near my most vulnerable fiefs, not wantering across elfish towns looking for shopping places!!!
5: see above
6: shopping for goods can be ok if I am a simple captain or a vassal, not anymore when i'm an established kingdom ruler. Now my most necessary skill is fighting. Because my ministers can do several things i used to do (like selling slaves, recruiting etc) why can't they also do some basic shopping? Id like to see that as a game improvement.

1: Either your wife (if you have one, and she's a normal noble lady instead of a Lord who can lead an army) or one of your companions is the minister. You probably made this choice already, right when you first founded your Kingdom.
2: Your minister is always at your "court". If you haven't changed where it is, it's probably the very first castle/town you captured for your kingdom. Look around to see where they might be. Again, you probably selected a wife or one of your companions to be minister.

4: This is a Warband problem sadly, not a Perisno problem. I also despise this kind of busywork (this is why you have servants!) - YOU should be the one sending other people on fetch quests. I wouldn't mind paying double/triple price for an item if it means somebody else can buy it for me.
5/6: If you have a dyeworks you can just produce your own. Go to the town with your dyeworks in it, select "Go to Marketplace", select "Visit your dyeworks", and then tell the Master Dyer to store the velvet instead of selling it. You'll lose some $$$$ but the utility is worth it. You can do the same thing with an Ironworks to store Tools.

Alternatively, you could just go around and buy it like everyone else. I started storing stuff like that pretty early on in the game so I didn't have to bother with petty shopping bull**** later.

It's one of the things I don't particularly like about Diplomacy. Sure, it makes sense that you might send Ale or Fish from your household to a lord as a gift, but you really should be able to order it instead of have to shop for it yourself. Again, this is why a King has servants.

Talinoth said:
4: This is a Warband problem sadly, not a Perisno problem. I also despise this kind of busywork (this is why you have servants!) - YOU should be the one sending other people on fetch quests. I wouldn't mind paying double/triple price for an item if it means somebody else can buy it for me.
It's one of the things I don't particularly like about Diplomacy. Sure, it makes sense that you might send Ale or Fish from your household to a lord as a gift, but you really should be able to order it instead of have to shop for it yourself. Again, this is why a King has servants.

Do you think this is something that can be proposed to future Perisno versions?

Talinoth said:
Norwegianben14 said:
...anyways one of my friends just found perisno and he wants to know what faction is the best, honestly I just need a list saying which factions are the best in what. Thanks.

- Elintor (Redwood Elves):
Best archers in the game, very high level but expensive units, every single unit is an archer but they still have good melee skills. Bows were nerfed in this mod basically because the Elintor arrowstorm can shred anyone who dares to forget to bring a shield to the battle (read: almost all Zann troops).
They're excellent skirmishers and their commoner cavalry line are all high level horse archers. Sieging an Elintor town or castle without powerful archers of your own in your party is tantamount to suicide.
They can be countered by heavy cavalry on flat plains, and they don't have shields, so they can be beaten by enemy archers especially if they're in superior numbers or are hiding behind a good shieldwall.
The noble unit (Elintoran Highelf Sentinel) is an excellent archer and also has medic skills, and their party buff can boost your own medic skills to 10(+4) easily with enough of them in your party.
They start out as a strong faction with three towns and powerful lords (though a lot of them have bad personalities).

They're a player favourite.

===

- Geldar (Bluewood Elves):
Equal to the Elintor in almost every way, both factions have powerful foot archers with tremendous accuracy, range, fire rate and damage. However, the Geldar are a smaller minority faction with only one castle and one village. If you ally with the Geldar, you'll have an uphill battle on your hands against the powerful and numerous Elintor.
The Geldar can only access their only horse archer unit at Tier 6 instead of Tier 4 like the Elintor can, so you won't be able to field many horse archers like the Elintor can. However, your foot archers are just as strong at range, even stronger in melee, and you get access to powerful heavy cavalry in your noble unit line.

The Geldarin Duke is an extremely fast and powerful Elven knight with top of the line equipment, very high stats and weapon proficiencies, the fast and tough Geldarin Warhorse, and he gives you a powerful Leadership buff that increases the morale of your party for every Duke you have in your warband. This is critical to maintaining armies 500+ in size without constant victories and high quality food for your party.
A Geldarin army is the perfect answer to an Elintor army for many reasons, not least of which is the fact that Geldarin Dukes excel at quickly plunging into enemy archer lines and slicing them to ribbons.
The Geldar are like the Elintor, but with bigger balls.
They share the #1 spot with Perisno for my favourite faction.

===

- Maccavia:
The Maccavians have strong infantry and reasonable knights, but they're most famous for having the best crossbows in the game. Recently, crossbows got buffed, and the fearsome Bladed Crossbow that already did 100 base damage (LOL) now has an extra bonus to armour penetration. As a result, the Marksman and Heavy Marksmen troops, along with one of their noble units, the Knight of Steel, are fearsome ranged opponents, with excellent ammo economy, good accuracy, great damage, and respectable fire rate. Most importantly, they deal much better with heavily armoured opponents - and you'll be fighting a lot of them through your playthrough.

If the Falcons or Elintor are kings of the defensive siege, then Maccavians have to be kings of the offensive siege. An Elintor archer unit might be able to put out a withering storm of fire, but they'll run out of ammo pretty quickly in an assault. A Maccavian crossbow unit can keep firing for much longer, and show even the most heavily armoured opposition the living definition of pain.

They start with 3 towns, but are surrounded by enemies to the south and east, and they'll also be at the very front of the Zann Invasion. They'll be powerful... if they survive. Think of the Reich as Germany and Maccavia as Poland, and act accordingly. Reich cavalry are a health risk.

===

- Reich des Drachen:
The Reich have high tier units in every category and have no crippling weaknesses, but they're most famous for their incredibly powerful heavy cavalry, only second to the Falcons. The Dragoner has great stats and equipment for an elite unit upgraded from commoner recruits, but the noble unit, the Drachenritter (translation; "Dragon Knight") is a fearsome heavy cavalry unit, one of the best of the best.

Their infantry and archers are still very good. The elite commoner archer, the Kaiserliche Drachen Scharfschutze, is a powerful and much better than average top tier archer, and the Elite Drachen Speerkampfer is a strong yet very, very cost effective infantry unit perfect for filling up the walls of important garrisons.

Most importantly, the Reich have exotic and powerful unique units that are as awesome to behold as they are dangerous to fight. The Wyvern Riders ride the speedy and enormously tough Wyvern, a hardy and ferocious lizard protected by very heavy armour.

The Reich are rich, powerful, have large and well trained armies, and are prepared for war. They hold four towns at the start of the game, and while they will also have to deal with the Zann in the time, the Zann may find they can not sustain a lengthy campaign in Reich territory, and soon get pushed back...

Finally, the legendary Herzog Oskar and his household guard are reputed to ride real dragons, and so is the heir-apparent, Princess Bergit. Naturally this is obvious Reich propaganda, and you would do well to not concern yourself with such contemptible fairytales.

===

- Falcons:
The Falcons have, without a doubt, among the most powerful individual units in the entirety of Perisno. Daring to attack a Falcon castle even with a great army will be a truly painful and daunting prospect, and their capital town, Fountain Hall, is so heavily defended that even with a full army of elite and noble units, you will need roughly 5000 or more men to even consider taking the town in an assault.

That's a five to one advantage, and even then, you will suffer terribly.

Their archers are superb, their infantry is great, but without a doubt, the Falcon cavalry are the most powerful in Perisno. The Renweards not only have astounding armour, mounts and stats, but they use maces, which means every single Falcon cavalry unit in your party is a huge asset as they will make you enormous amounts of money - many times the cost of their wages.

The one catch? They have NO commoner units. They don't send their farmers and field hands out to war. You can't ever recruit their troops from villages. The only way to get Falcon units is to become a Falcon lord so you can take noble recruits from Falcon castles and towns, or rescue captured Falcon units from prisoner stacks.

Switching to the Falcon culture as king of your own faction is extremely difficult, as you will need high relations with Field Marshal Gunnar (the Falcon's leader), high relations with the Falcons themselves, and one million aurums.

If you can obtain Falcon troops at all, treasure them wisely. They're powerful and lucrative assets, but they can still die like anyone else.

===

- Perisno (the player's faction):
They're my favourite faction alongside the Geldar, even if their units aren't the most powerful individually. Do they have the best archers? Nah. The best infantry? Not really. Their cavalry is good, but I've seen stronger.

What makes Perisno very powerful is that none of their units are bad (average at worst across the board), they're cheap, they're incredibly well-rounded, they train up quickly, and several of the Perisno units offer useful utility bonuses to your party stats.
- Darkforest Cavalry (elite commoner cavalry) gives you a Pathfinding bonus. With 30 of these guys in your party to give you 10(+4) Pathfinding, you'll zip across the map in no time, and catch even the tiniest, fastest parties. They're strong, cheap and quick to train, and very very replaceable, unlike many other unique units with bonus party stats.
- Champions (elite commoner infantry) aren't just ferocious and tough shield infantry, they're also mid-level engineers. Get a bunch of them in your party, and you'll be able to put up a siege ladder almost instantly, a Siege Tower in 8 hours, and help you fully upgrade all of your fiefs in record time. Note for the wise: Always build Universities first.

As King/Queen of your own faction, you'll have plentiful numbers of noble units, and the Ranger Knight and Great Knight are great additions to your army.
- The Ranger Knight is a jack of all trades mounted archer knight. Good ranged stats, good melee stats, fast horse. Only Elintoran Knights/Geldarin Forest Wardens perform the "Heavy Horse Archer" role better, but I find Ranger Knights much faster and cheaper to train.
- The Great Knight is a heavily armed and armoured melee monster of a unit. Heavily armoured warhorse, good armour and shield, high stats. They also give you a bonus to Training - with 20-30 of these men in your party you can achieve 10(+4) in Training, greatly increasing the speed that you can train new troops.

That's not all of Perisno's troops (they've got a fairly wide and unique selection), but it's a good enough snapshot. A Perisno army has excellent utility and moves insanely quickly across the map, is relatively cheaply trained (especially compared to the monstrous training bills you'll pay to upgrade an Elintor army), and still packs a great punch.

You'll have to establish this faction yourself, as it doesn't already exist on the game map. As such, the strategic difficulty of a Perisno playthrough will depend completely on where and how you establish your kingdom. Might I suggest using the Zann invasion to your advantage to start your kingdom while everyone's distracted by the big scary invasion?

Playing as Perisno has some interesting side benefits too. Towns you own can have an interesting selection of rare equipment, such as the Golden Sunblade, or the insanely quick and powerful Perisno Twilight Horse - arguably the best horse in the game.

Also, if you ever manage to find Perisno Runed Knights, they're probably the biggest badasses in the game (level 80 knights with blunt weapons LOL), but you can't recruit them normally, and they're rarer than genuine human satisfaction itself, so that's sad.

Alright, so I am choosing between the Falcons, Geldar and Reich Des drachen, Falcons dont have very much action besides fighting outlaws, considering they dont go to war unless attacked, so not so muhc. Geldar, I am wondering if it has much action when it comes to war, like is it mostly peaceful or just complete war at the start or around the beginning. Reich Des Drachen seems like the best one to choose. Considering my friend likes a lot of action in perisno.

Q: After my merc contract with Hakkon expired, I notice that my relationship with all other factions are reverted to zero? What the heck? Is that a bug or intentional? During my non-contract time, I've built up quite good relationship with some factions, especially the elves. So I have to build up again or is it the intention to make us become vassal asap?

wiwigvn said:
Q: After my merc contract with Hakkon expired, I notice that my relationship with all other factions are reverted to zero? What the heck? Is that a bug or intentional? During my non-contract time, I've built up quite good relationship with some factions, especially the elves. So I have to build up again or is it the intention to make us become vassal asap?

Yups. Completely intentional. When you revert back to being contract-less Mercenary, you lose ALL relations you made when a contracted Mercenary to a faction. Both good and bad relations. It sucks yes, but it's part of the game.

ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
wiwigvn said:

Yups. Completely intentional. When you revert back to being contract-less Mercenary, you lose ALL relations you made when a contracted Mercenary to a faction. Both good and bad relations. It sucks yes, but it's part of the game.

But I also lost all relationship I got BEFORE the contract. It sucks since you need good relationship to "rescue" prisoners from other stacks.

Norwegianben14 said:
Also weird that devs and moderators and admins dont reply anymore, its just verterans and such now.
Yeah, I'm so not here almost every day.

Devs reply to questions that concern them. Bug reports, suggestions, balance complaints etc.

As for your "wtf's with village bandits" - other people already replied to you that you shouldn't cheat your level.
As for "the best faction" discussion - it's a question to the players, not to us.

wiwigvn said:
It's classic Native mechanics.
When you leave a faction, your relations with major factions get reset.

So, i have been playing for quite a bit and loving it so far but i got into a bit of a struggle.
After the Zann invasion i got the quests fron ShiJin from my party. I already gave him a fief (had 2 castles) but the zann
took the castles back. So i finished the horde quests but i cannot find ShiJin anywhere on the map anywhere and in notes the
location sais unknown

So my question is will he popup after sometime or respawn in a tavern? (bout 100 days have passed now and i got bout 4 castles and 1 city now)

Jyria said:
So, i have been playing for quite a bit and loving it so far but i got into a bit of a struggle.
After the Zann invasion i got the quests fron ShiJin from my party. I already gave him a fief (had 2 castles) but the zann
took the castles back. So i finished the horde quests but i cannot find ShiJin anywhere on the map anywhere and in notes the
location sais unknown

So my question is will he popup after sometime or respawn in a tavern? (bout 100 days have passed now and i got bout 4 castles and 1 city now)

Um, what do you mean by "100 days have passed now"? 100 days have passed since Shi Jin disappeared or since you started the game?

Assuming the answer is the latter part, since you made him a vassal, maybe he got defeated by an enemy and was captured? You can then wait for a few days and ask his location to your high marshal or other lords.

Darknightaky said:
i have a question what is the horde quest and how do i start that quest :?:

As for this,
It's a quest (actually, a couple of quests) that you can get from Shi Jin wherein after defeating each of the four hordes and telling Shi Jin about your accomplishment, the horde(s) that you defeated will stop spawning. I think that you can start it by asking a traveller (you can find them in various taverns). I don't remember the specific dialogue but I think it's "What's new?" or something like that. The traveller will then instruct you to go talk to Shi Jin to start the quest(s).

Jay1607 said:
It's a quest (actually, a couple of quests) that you can get from Shi Jin wherein after defeating each of the four hordes and telling Shi Jin about your accomplishment, the horde(s) that you defeated will stop spawning. I think that you can start it by asking a traveller (you can find them in various taverns). I don't know the specific dialogue but I think it's "What's new?" or something like that. The traveller will then instruct you to go talk to Shi Jin to start the quests.
thx

I just rescued 02 Perisno Runed Knight from defeating a few stacks of Zaan scouts, WTH? I thought they're very rare units, how the hell were they captured in Zaan scout stacks?

The stacks also got 10 Perisno Great Knights, 25 Crusaders, etc. quite perfect numbers that I suspected they simply spawned with the stacks. Is it true, devs? If yes I will remember to hunt down the Zaan scouts  :grin:

wiwigvn said:
ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
wiwigvn said:

But I also lost all relationship I got BEFORE the contract. It sucks since you need good relationship to "rescue" prisoners from other stacks.

Reputation with minor factions doesn't get reset.

Exploit it to get positive faction with teh bad guyz ... then recruit/rescue bandits and train them to become Knights of Doom.  Go out and assist all those bandit parties attacking faction caravans.  Profit greatly.  :fruity: 

Side benefit:  when you start your own kingdom, and if you have positive relations with teh bad guyz, then they won't attack your peasants or caravans, so your towns and villages get rich.  Use this knowledge for good, not evil.

Just keep good/neutral relations with at least one major faction; join up with that faction as a freelancer; immediately leave service with no penalty except all other major faction relations are now reset to zero.

This does not work for personal reputation with other lords.  You have to keep on their good side on your own.

Alright I am in the Reich Des Drachen and I noticed that I cant cross the sea too attack the valahir clan, I have seen other people go on the water and then randomly have boats and even the lords, so how the heck do I get across the sea or get a boat to hold around 200 men?

Norwegianben14 said:
Alright I am in the Reich Des Drachen and I noticed that I cant cross the sea too attack the valahir clan, I have seen other people go on the water and then randomly have boats and even the lords, so how the heck do I get across the sea or get a boat to hold around 200 men?

Ahahah. There's a body of water that looks a bit off that you can access that should be close to Arendal and Freising. There are no requirements for you to "cross the water" into the Valahir lands. Just follow the other boats and your party, no matter the size, magically gets on a boat and travels on the water.

ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
Norwegianben14 said:

Ahahah. There's a body of water that looks a bit off that you can access that should be close to Arendal and Freising. There are no requirements for you to "cross the water" into the Valahir lands. Just follow the other boats and your party, no matter the size, magically gets on a boat and travels on the water.
Thanks for the info.  :grin: I really needed it, I was so close to switching to cheat mode and just teleport over there. I have always wondered why all the AI take that little piece of water to the valahir. Also, how do I counter their ridiculously huge fortress's [their castles], I know that Reich Des Drachen troops do well against valahir troops but none of their lords dare to go out and instead huddle up together and make it impossible to defeat them, and most of our lords are busy voting on who gets what fief and who will be who, anyway around 250 men can counter one of these fortress's?  :ohdear: Also one of my friends have tried looting the villages, pretty much everyone in their fortress nearest to the village just comes in and rains hell down on him. Thank goodness he saved before he raided.

Do the old and reliable "Pelt then with fire!" and "fire" meaning archer fire. Get a decent amount of Crossbow men and use them to pelt the Valahir Troops when sieging. Use the Maccavian Heavy Marksman or the Kaikoth High Seekers. Just know that the Kaikoth High Seekers MIGHT get stuck on siege towers as do most Kaikoth Troops on some sieges. As for your infantry and cavalry troops, DO NOT charge in at this time. Focus on dwindling their number with your crossbows and when they run out of ammunition, RETREAT and do the exact same thing again. Retreat, Prep the Ladders OR Wait until tomorrow (to heal your wounded Troops), Assault the Castle, then "Pelt them with Fire!"
    The only problem with doing this with the Valahir are the HUGE, passively spawning waves of "People of the Valahir" and the Lords themselves. If you dont have the numbers, they wont hesitate to jump in during your siege prep time and demolish you in open field combat. 250 should be enough to stop the weaker Lords from jumping on you while you do the "Pelt them with Fire" tactic.
    Another problem with this is your Army Size in general. Since you're going with a small army against a force of about 1000 or so, the Defenders might... "Sally Forth and meets you in battle!". Meaning, the Valahit troops will now march out of their castle to wallop your troops. So if you ordered your Army so your Crossbow men would go first, they will most likely get demolished if the Castle decides to "sally forth". So just in case this happens, get a good infantry line to support your Missile units.
  Giants are okay against them, the Reich are also okay when dealing with the Valahir. The thing is: The Valahir were MADE with the intent to tear down others in melee range. So trying to get up close and personal would most likely not be the preffered tactic of use. Use ranged. If they "sally forth", position your crossbows to hit the sides of their infantry while your own infantry units try to deal with their Hammers and Axes.
    Other than all that, I cant really think of much else to do. There are a lot of morr experienced players out there, so if anyone can change or improve some of what I said, then go on ahead. But anyways! Good luck with the Valahir! Hopr I could help some.

Norwegianben14 said:
  :ohdear: Also one of my friends have tried looting the villages, pretty much everyone in their fortress nearest to the village just comes in and rains hell down on him. Thank goodness he saved before he raided.

Bwahahah. If youre talking about raiding the VALAHIR if they're still om their island, I suggest NOT doing so! They're all so tightly packed in there that the moment you set foot on their lands AND they dont like you, they will collapse on you and end your army. So either dont raid them or wait until they get some villages out of their small, compact island.

Alright then. Guess I'll click wait for some time in my camp, also most of my troops are at the top of their tier, considering the fact there are tons of bandits in Reich des drachen who are easy pickings for experience, heh. Maybe I can do a hit and run tactic until one of the lords get's pissed off and chases after me. I have quite a lot of cav so my movement map speed is fast. Thanks for the information. Also where do I get good armor? I checked the dwarfes after a long ass trip. didnt find anything better then in murdenhall.

Back
Top Bottom