Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

ruledarkman said:
I feel a bit bad for asking so many things at once, so no pressure or anything but heres a bunch more things I was wondering on because I just started to play this mod after taking a break from it and all of M&B a few months ago.

1. Is marrying either Princess Birget or Princess Linthradil to eventually get them to rebel with you a good way to start your own kingdom, as you start out with a vassal and a nice big fief?

2. I was playing a sort of speed run with a faction where I constantly reloaded when something went wrong to try to get a bit farther into the mod to see what it was like, and the only way I could compete with other vassals and big armies with insanely good troops was by having my companions and their trainer skills level up my guys to high tiers (also by mooching off the garrison of my wife Princess Linthradil). How do you guys handle that loss of the trainer skill when you make your best companions into vassals?

3. I'm not very good at M&B, but I'm determined to start my next playthrough on Perisno as a completely fair run. In my last "speed run" the way I made money, a ton of it, was by often stationing my troops in my wife's (Princess Linthradil's) town, and I didn't have to pay for them at all. I could also mooch off the constantly refilling prisoners she was getting and sell them. I was wondering how you guys get money if you don't do something like this as it does seem fairly...well...unfair.

4. Another thing on whether something is unfair or not, do you guys use the auto upgrade and let your companions choose from the item pool thing? Because I believe each companion has an extra set of their armor or something in their inventory and when you do that it basically dupes the item. Do you guys manually choose which armor they get to be more fair, also because I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates seeing Alindel wearing an Ankar ranger women's armor piece because it had better stats than his armor.

5. Also on companions, how do you choose which ones will do what? In my first run I had like 3 different companions with very high pathfinding, and 2 of those ended up being useless. This was the case with almost all of the party skills and I wanted to ask how you guys decided on this.

6. When you're trying to get fiefs in a faction, do you guys skip out on the castles and villages so that you can later get towns and they won't say you've been "well awared with fiefs according to your accomplishments"?

7. This is a big thing for me, everytime I've ever started my own faction in any M&B mod it is just so difficult and stressful. Managing the constant attacks and the really elite troops you'll inevitably lose even after you spent so long to get them and they're semi-irreplaceable. Not to mention trying to get more vassals that are seemingly always getting more and more unhappy and dying because they start off small and you are surrounded by enemies. How do you go about starting your own faction?

8. Lastly, as you level up how do you distribute your stats. As I've always been a big fan of intelligence but now I'm starting to realize it's the least important as you need charisma for army size, strength for fighting, and agility if I'm ever going to get that aegis shield or, more importantly, the wyvern. 

Like I said that's a lot of things, but that's been building up since I first started playing Perisno and M&B in general. If somebody does get down to the challenge of answering all of this, much appreciated  :mrgreen:
1. marrying princess is not recommended, but if you do so, make sure you ask her first about rebellion than rebel alone, as she could be enemy - make sure she has negative relation with king/queen before you ask her to rebel

2. make couple of them trainers - always double all important skills, like trainer, wound treatment or surgery before I put some points into other skills, of course I'm talking about companions

3. buy land and enterprise in every city you can - note, than 50 miles is enough, more put you in trouble

4. never do auto upgrade, I like my companions look the same, so manually equip them

5. I improve skills they already have and mined who will be the future lord or not (in most of my plays no-one, but...)

6. yeah, first I claim cities, then castles near by, never claim village, as they be mine anyway :smile:

7. well, I like to start my kingdom somewhere in the corner of the map, so I can defend much better way, than city/castle on the middle of the map, surrounded by enemies

8. charming for party size, intelligence for leadership and foraging, as it very important in that mod (with max foraging you can walk with 240 troops without loosing morale and food from your stacks - get the best you can), then agility and  strength last

Leonion said:
3HrFDxH.jpg

Thank you so much for the assistance. Great mod btw.  :wink:

Thanks a ton to both you guys who helped me!

That really helped a lot, although my dreams did get crushed a little bit when I realized that marrying Princess Birgit and then stealing her dragon and her town and riding against the Reich wasn't viable lol.

ruledarkman said:

That really helped a lot, although my dreams did get crushed a little bit when I realized that marrying Princess Birgit and then stealing her dragon and her town and riding against the Reich wasn't viable lol.

But it sounds funny  :grin: Also, recruit nobles every now and then, you need to upgrade them just once and you get very good cavalry afterwards, it is very quick and efficient way and you are able to replenish losses fast. No lord has yet been able to defeat my 200 perisnoan great knights. I even took on three drachen lords at one time (but they were weakened, so it was like 200 vs 550)

ruledarkman said:

check her personality, in my game she is pitiless, so I choose Lil wit upstanding character... was pain in a** to convince her join my rebel
I claim all cities for myself and all other castles or villages for my wife, in time being she loose relationship with her mother to 20 when I ask her to rebel

Questions :

1) Anyone know the .txt file for book merchant and what line i should tweak for them to apear in taverns again?

2) Does rebelion work the same way as native? is there a different path to kinghood that is special in this mod only?

3) Thank you for your time and efforts happy gaming to yall!

How do you guys buy your land in towns? I have 3 acres in one town and 5 in another but I seem to only be getting one acre's worth of profit every week.

Also uncultivated land should only be bought when normal land runs out right? And do you guys first stack a bunch of land in one town until you max it out or do you spread the acres out?

So much for no more questions  :oops:

ruledarkman said:
How do you guys buy your land in towns? I have 3 acres in one town and 5 in another but I seem to only be getting one acre's worth of profit every week.

Also uncultivated land should only be bought when normal land runs out right? And do you guys first stack a bunch of land in one town until you max it out or do you spread the acres out?

So much for no more questions  :oops:
I buy 20 acres of normal land in every town.  It's more than enough for my style of play..  I have over 10M cash on hand at this point (700+ days in).

Is it possible to screw up the Gunnar part of the Illica Falki Nodah thing, because Gunnar isn't spawning and I think it may be because I took it a while back when I wasn't planning on doing it yet. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Lazregamesh said:
Is there a thread with Perisno signatures? i wanna represent :grin:
Do you mean this?
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284936.msg7870741.html#msg7870741

chibirobo said:
When I form my kingdom why cant I change my culture to that of the falcons ?
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284947.msg8641149.html#msg8641149

After that 8.0 hotfix, I do now have PBOD Mod Preferences and before battle options (Take the field, etc.) although, Leo's Cheat Menu doesn't show up in the camp menu when i activate enable cheats option in PBOD Mod Preferences. My bf has Perisno 8.0 installed and he didn't even do a hotfix patch yet he has every features (including Shadesin and you said that you removed that NPC) in his game. It something must be wrong with my mod. I downloaded the mod for a few times but yeah, so odd.

Esudesu said:
After that 8.0 hotfix, I do now have PBOD Mod Preferences and before battle options (Take the field, etc.) although, Leo's Cheat Menu doesn't show up in the camp menu when i activate enable cheats option in PBOD Mod Preferences. My bf has Perisno 8.0 installed and he didn't even do a hotfix patch yet he has every features (including Shadesin and you said that you removed that NPC) in his game. It something must be wrong with my mod. I downloaded the mod for a few times but yeah, so odd.
Nothing to worry about.
And it's no use redownloading the whole mod if you don't have issues in graphics department.
Script files are fully updated in every hotfix.

Shadesin was removed in one of latest hotfixes, so he can be present in old unpatched versions.
My cheat menu is for me.  :twisted: It has multiple conditions that should be passed to access it.

Back
Top Bottom