Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Hysteria VII said:
2. Which option is better for persuading lords to join you? The direct approach of "Can I persuade you to join my cause?" or the sending of a emissary?
Emissary is a Diplomacy option which never gave me a good result in Floris (didn't try it in Perisno yet, but I'm pretty sure it's the same).
Direct approach is my own code which I naturally recommend.

Hysteria VII said:
I keep receiving quests to send messages to lords in Zann and its a real pain to try and track down a Zann lord. Is this a bug? I thought the quests that they gave me were supposed to be for their faction only. (Maccavia is at war with Zann)
There are 2 different quests:

("deliver_message", "Deliver Message to {s13}", qf_random_quest,
  "{!}{s9} asked you to take a message to {s13}. {s13} was at {s4} when you were given this quest."
  ),
("deliver_message_to_enemy_lord", "Deliver Message to {s13}", qf_random_quest,
  "{!}{s9} asked you to take a message to {s13} of {s15}. {s13} was at {s4} when you were given this quest."
  ),

How can i recruit noble troops of my faction? I always can only recruit nobles from the faction before.

i want geldarian nobles not aroulo.  im a vassal of geldar so conquering azure keep is not rally an option.

any possible way maybe something like tweaking?

dattelmann said:
I always can only recruit nobles from the faction before.
Do you mean original faction?

Graeywulf said:
What changes to the game does hard mode implement?
Obligatory fog of war, possible skills loss on death, higher limit of bandit parties, bigger wages for you, smaller wages for lords etc.

Leonion said:
dattelmann said:
I always can only recruit nobles from the faction before.
Do you mean original faction?

Yes for example if im a vassal of the falcon and i conquer every town and castle on the map im not able to recruit falcon noble troops just all other noble troops from any other faction.

but if i start my own faction all these change to perisno noble troops.

Hello again. I was looking on the wiki and noticed a thing. The Arulo faction got no page.

So. What's their story?

Hello again, i have a very specific question.

1. Are the Perisno Runed Knight's trainable? The Faction Tree in game goes off the Page for me so I can't see them. Apparently you can get them from Perisno Darkforest Calvary but it doesnt show in game (because the tree clips off the screen)  or on the troop tree on the Forums. (Doesn't look updated anyways.)

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=285057.0

Just wondering because I got 4 of them after capturing a Castle and I want more but I couldn't seem to find them.

http://perisno.wikia.com/wiki/Perisno_Runed_Knight

Hysteria VII said:
Hello again, i have a very specific question.

1. Are the Perisno Runed Knight's trainable? The Faction Tree in game goes off the Page for me so I can't see them. Apparently you can get them from Perisno Darkforest Calvary but it doesnt show in game (because the tree clips off the screen)  or on the troop tree on the Forums. (Doesn't look updated anyways.)

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=285057.0

Just wondering because I got 4 of them after capturing a Castle and I want more but I couldn't seem to find them.

http://perisno.wikia.com/wiki/Perisno_Runed_Knight

Nope you cant train them. you can only free them.

I'm trying to sneak into the Aroulo Ojibwakan's town of Qochata, but four of the five enemies spawn out of bounds! I can beat one of them to death with a stick, but the other four are wandering around in the moat surrounding the wooden fortress, underneath the footbridges, and there's no way to jump down and kill them because of invisible walls blocking me.

Is there any way to beat them?

-

NEVERMIND, turns out there was a hotfix for this, I'll download it immediately.

-

Second Edit - Problem solved, everything is A-OK. Got surprised at how quickly I got rushed when I tried to sneak into Qochata, but luckily the guards are weak and using Stone Age weaponry.

Sneaking in and out of Qochata is easy now and I'm making a killing (heh) by looting the Aroulo villages and selling their riches in their own town. Plus, even with my weak day 50 army the lords are getting slaughtered by my archers - aside from the Master Hurlers (grenades are scary dude), they're probably the weakest faction units in the game simply because of their primitive equipment.

The Aroulo Tournaments at Qochata are so troll though. Somebody was having a laugh when they gave everybody those Leaf Bomb mini-grenades and made the arena super small. It's hilarious to get 5 kills at once with one Leaf Bomb, not so hilarious when you start Round 5 or 6 and instantly get headshotted for 130 damage by one of the Arena Heroes as soon as you spawn.

Still, liberating those filthy natives from their wealth - and their lives - and depositing it in my own hands puts a smile on my face.

Could we get a list of unique start conditions for character creation and their rewards? Can't be bothered to restart the whole process just to not have the option of the village or to read the wall of text and hope to see something I might identify. I'm lazy, I know.  :grin:

I've got a question regarding stat increases/wounds/skill loss.

Is it currently a feature or is my game bugged? I've found a thread from 3 years ago regarding wounds and skill loss but that wasn't even for Perisno. I've read around these forums and the wiki but haven't found anything regarding it.

Currently in my game whenever I get knocked out I suffer skill point loss (any one random skill, afaik). I'm not completely sure but it seems to be 1 or 2 points lost at a time, per knock out. AFAIK I do not get the points back but I haven't tested that thoroughly enough to know for sure (I usually just add points back via character edit every once in awhile, keeping track as I lose them).

I am aware of gaining ability points when reaching near 100 favor with a lord and speaking with them (dialogue shows which ability increases).
But I've read nothing about stats increasing overtime on their own, which is happening to my character. I'm not sure what influences it. But it appears to be affecting me and all my companions (So I'm assuming it's in no way connected to character import/export).

For reference I am playing through multiple mods with this character.
I started Perisno at level 46 or 47 with stats around 24/24/24/12 (I've got a record somewhere I'll eventually dig out).
I'm currently level 48 with 35/50/36/28  :shifty:.  So as you can see in the span of near 1000 ingame days my character and companions have very high stats. I even gain skill points to spend due to increased INT (afaik not from recovering skill points from wounds)

So I wanted to ask for clarification on what exactly is happening to my game.

Thank you in advance for any help. You guys are amazing  :grin:

You and very companions get a free abiltiy point every one/two month, AFAIK its purely random.
I wasn't aware of the ability point gain when you speak to a lord whenreaching 100 relationship, it's a nice feature.

I wish to know more about stats (ability or skill) loss. What trigger them? Can it be healed (and how)? Do they came back eventualy (how fast)? Since I began RPG games more than 30 years ago, characters' stats loss has been a big No-No for me if they can't be cure quickly, and I am too old to change. But on a computer it's not a problem if I know when to reload....

I wish to know more about stats (ability or skill) loss. What trigger them? Can it be healed (and how)? Do they came back eventualy (how fast)? Since I began RPG games more than 30 years ago, characters' stats loss has been a big No-No for me if they can't be cure quickly, and I am too old to change. But on a computer it's not a problem if I know when to reload....
Stat loss actual ONLY for Hard Mode, triggered by being knocked out in battle (with some chance), no way to heal (at least i don't know of any).

Thanks for the quick responses! My game is in hard mode. I thought it was only for fog, which I really enjoy. Nothing like 2 years into the game and finding Sut :shock:.

That's a cool mechanic about the monthly stat gains. Personally it doesn't sit right for me though so I'll most likely get rid of them or at cut back on the gains.

I will say that the stat loss has made me play in a more safe mode and value my life a lot more. I end up avoiding a lot of situations, and don't sacrifice myself for the team like I used to (making an opening in sieges, distracting archers, etc).

Karver said:
Is there any way to rename the 'Hired Troops' that won't break the mod?
First, yes. You can use Notepad to edit troops.txt file.
Second, don't start new threads just to ask a simple question. Use this thread instead.
Merged.

Back
Top Bottom