Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

ZeroFighterR said:
Is it somehow possible to have your castles recruit Perisno recruits, annoying to walk to the villages and manual recruit them (Especially because I'm extremly lazy.. but shh  :lol:)

Yes, goto the castle or town you own and talk to the constable, he'll have a option to send a recruiter out to get recruits. Though the maximum he'll recruit is 50 units.

Cider said:
You have to delete the previous version then install the newest one.

Tried that and it makes no difference, same thing happens. Two people attack me then nothing. I'll try a couple of different starting points, other than Redwood.

Edit: Picked the Tolrania starting area, killed the first person then a male Freelancer (wearing female armour) spoke to me. Went into his house with no problems, but as I left the game crashed.

I think it had something to do with the troops.txt file in the M&B Perisno 'Documents' folder. I deleted the Perisno folder from there, started a new game and it works properly now. Merchant runs up after being attacked and I can leave his house afterwards.

Loving the new content, it's very nice. :grin: But is there a way to revert back to the old F-key (F1, F2, etc) setup? I hate having 'Advance/Fall back' on the F6-F7 keys, it makes me look away from the screen in combat whereas having them on the F2 menu was so much quicker and didn't interrupt combat in any way. There have been other mods I've stopped playing because of this, I find it hard to get used to after playing for so long with the other setup and I'd hate to leave Perisno because of it.

Edit: I'm also finding that with the new setup; after telling troops to advance, they will for the first advance but if I try to make them walk another ten paces they start walking backwards instead of toward the enemy.

kevinflemming said:
Loving the new content, it's very nice. :grin: But is there a way to revert back to the old F-key (F1, F2, etc) setup? I hate having 'Advance/Fall back' on the F6-F7 keys, it makes me look away from the screen in combat whereas having them on the F2 menu was so much quicker and didn't interrupt combat in any way. There have been other mods I've stopped playing because of this, I find it hard to get used to after playing for so long with the other setup and I'd hate to leave Perisno because of it.

Edit: I'm also finding that with the new setup; after telling troops to advance, they will for the first advance but if I try to make them walk another ten paces they start walking backwards instead of toward the enemy.

|I'll look at it next week.  To be honest I'm up to my eyeballs with trying to put out other fires, one at a time.

There are some other people coming aboard but I think they all went to make scenes for Dark Robin.  I'm kind of alone for firefighting duty. 

gsanders said:
I'll look at...
...for firefighting duty.

I'd love to help out but I know absolutely nothing about coding or building a game. Nor do I have the time and patience to learn such a thing any more lol. But no worries, I thought I'd mention it.

As for the function keys, it's not a huge deal I guess. Just personal preference, that's all. It's more frustrating than game-breaking, as I've never been a fan of the formations. For instance; building a shield wall is easy to create without it. I normally just tell infantry to stand closer a few times. Which takes two seconds, having all of the main orders on the first four function keys.

I suppose most people are used to it, due to playing other mods. But no, not me. I'm bloody awkward like that. :neutral:

Could someone please tell me what is the key to sprint (added in version 0.7...but didn't find anywhere explaining how and couldn't find it myself).

The video that showed it...was in tavern...does sprint also work in battles and tournaments?

Does it waste stamina or is time limited...?

Thanks

AHHHHHHH!!!!  I am back from being dead in this mod for about.....  A year or so.....  I don't know, but I just need to ask, is the idea of the Kregistein Duchy still going to be used or is that on the back burner?  Just wondering.

Haka said:
Could someone please tell me what is the key to sprint (added in version 0.7...but didn't find anywhere explaining how and couldn't find it myself).

The video that showed it...was in tavern...does sprint also work in battles and tournaments?

Thanks

Haka I'm not sure sprint exists atm.
    If so it needs a timer or to toggle a state after some time, which implies a stamina system, which probably existed and was removed some time ago.
Indirectly ATHLETICS [my bad its not agi] speeds up foot troops, but even that OUGHT to take into account encumbrance (weight).  As a ex Physics student I suppose I should tweak those somewhat, but not today.

Haka said:

Thanks

press V to sprint. Don't think it has a time limit. I raised athletics and agi high enough before and was chasing down cavalries while I was on foot. Hilarious. Not sure if agi contributes to it though.

Rachri said:
Haka said:

Thanks

press V to sprint. Don't think it has a time limit. I raised athletics and agi high enough before and was chasing down cavalries while I was on foot. Hilarious. Not sure if agi contributes to it though.
No sprinting doesn't have a limit. It was implanted a long time ago and wasn't really looked at much after. But it is there.

Orphydian said:
thank you buit Ive seen that list. I saw the previous dev but it seems now there is noone in charge with modeling and texturing or am I wrong?
No, we currently do not have a person doing modeling and texturing.

Thanks for the answers  :smile:

I delayed playing version 0.7 as i had to studied a lot for some months and was aware of some of the major bugs...
...it's all over now...sure gonna immerse myself again into this great mod  :grin:

Another thing...not less important...is the way you can get lords for your kingdom...in most mods it's a pain in the ass to get them...some mods looked at this feature seriously (thank God!):
*Sword of Damocles - you can call lords from your mainland (up to 20)
*ACOK - when you conquer a castle/town...the lord that owns it is converted to your faction
*POP - if u get good relations with the lord (like 30) and get him prisoner...you can convince him to join your faction.

So the question is...the system to recruit lords in version 0.7 is the same of 0.6? (similar to brytenwalda)

...I find this unrealistic and above all boring/difficult...it shouldn't be too difficult in time of war to make party leaders out of mercenaries, specially if you're king (meaning you dictate the laws to your kingdom) and are in so much need of lords (specially at the beginning). These mechanisms above ease this phase of transition in the game...which i much appreciate. I don't mean that any mercenary could become a lord...but for sure should be more than one way to do it...

Thanks

Hi Haka:

as for recruiting lords, it's Native behavoir, or at least hasn't changed for .7 from .6

I find it sort of a nuisance too, so maybe we should explore out loud for december what sort of feel it *should* have.
I suppose I'm the only roleplayer guy that enounters an enemy lord and the first thing I look up in notes is "is his daughter someone I want angry at me?  Should I be a gentleman to her dad to have his blessing for courting her? "

My wife, who after all is a much hotter Amazon than even Perisno babes, has a low opinion of virtual courtships; it is afterall like
going out with a blow up doll in the passenger seat.  But I *still* enjoy watching the wedding cut scene.  And if we couldn't "make love, not war" at least SOMETIMES, its a sad statement of our game.

OK, lets figure out, slowly what IS best practice for foreign lords.  Should we make it harder to farm honor? Should reputation matter more? Should personality clash/bonus be expanded some, and should charisma modify that?  Would a bard have more pursuasion?  Mechanics of people -- ultimately most of us are really 'state transition diagrams' that think they're people... especially when on "auto pilot" from lack of sleep.  Hah!  Almost everyone thought "no I'm not", reaching for the next coffee cup subconsciously!

- GS

hmm...was afraid to hear that...

So, being it close to native (which i remember as clear as a myopic person sees in a foggy day...so i don't), i presume it is based on right to rule, right? If this is the rule (God hope not...but i don't think he hears me...)...can someone please describe the right way to get lords in this mod?

For me it is quite game-breaking, this phase of transition between rogue and king, in mods similar to native...maybe there's a recipe that i'm not aware of (at least hope so...). I know one shall gain right to rule by sending companions to spread your fame (major way at the beginning)...also marrying, making peace, recruiting lords (more to the middle-end of game)...my question is: is there something i'm missing or particular to this mod?

PS: I was playing Brytenwalda and come up with the same problem (i think is similar to native)...my right to rule was like 30 and had no real chance to recruit a single lord...so this time i cheated and put myself with 80 right to rule and tried to convince a lord to turn to my faction:
-he had 100 relations with me (max)
-my right to rule was 80 / my renown was like 1600 / high honor too
-i had 2 cities, 2 castles and lots of villages
With all these stats and using cheat...i was able to see that he had a probability of only 22% to join me (32% if i guess the right reason for him to join me - 1 out of 5 possible reasons)...i had to try like 5 times for him to say yes (without cheat i would have already given up, as one without cheat can only ask the lord again a week later or so)...i mean...come on!!...is this for real??...with such high stats and max relation...and the chance is only 22%?? Where is the logic to this? Hope this is different in Perisno.

Thanks in advance

Haka said:

So, being it close to native (which i remember as clear as a myopic person sees in a foggy day...so i don't), i presume it is based on right to rule, right? If this is the rule (God hope not...but i don't think he hears me...)...can someone please describe the right way to get lords in this mod?

For me it is quite game-breaking, this phase of transition between rogue and king, in mods similar to native...maybe there's a recipe that i'm not aware of (at least hope so...). I know one shall gain right to rule by sending companions to spread your fame (major way at the beginning)...also marrying, making peace, recruiting lords (more to the middle-end of game)...my question is: is there something i'm missing or particular to this mod?

PS: I was playing Brytenwalda and come up with the same problem (i think is similar to native)...my right to rule was like 30 and had no real chance to recruit a single lord...so this time i cheated and put myself with 80 right to rule and tried to convince a lord to turn to my faction:
With all these stats and using cheat...i was able to see that he had a probability of only 22% to join me (32% if i guess the right reason for him to join me - 1 out of 5 possible reasons)...i had to try like 5 times for him to say yes (without cheat i would have already given up, as one without cheat can only ask the lord again a week later or so)...i mean...come on!!...is this for real??...with such high stats and max relation...and the chance is only 22%?? Where is the logic to this? Hope this is different in Perisno.

Thanks in advance
You also have to remember that your lord's army sizes and how much land/how many lords you have also play a role in getting a lord to join you.

I had a thought about the formations. Is it possible to 'code' in such a way that if you turned off formations via the menu, the Function Keys would revert back to Native? Similar to disabling mods in other games. It sounds like it could be possible, but I don't really know about such things. Just curious as to what can be done with M&B. :grin:

Modder223 said:
Haka said:

Thanks in advance
You also have to remember that your lord's army sizes and how much land/how many lords you have also play a role in getting a lord to join you.

As i wrote, i didn't even have a lord until then, and had 2cities/2castles/several villages...
The size of my army was like 500 (in brytenwalda, renown is a huge factor for party's size)...and his army was like 15 (guess he was defeated by someone not long ago)...

These factors help even more the fact that it should be an easy situation to resolve...he should have a high chance to join (like >80%)...cause without cheating...and these probabilities (20-30%)...it's very likely that he will turn you down...and then you have to w8 and make the same question again and again if you want have a real chance to make him effectively a lord of your faction (God knows how much time after).
I emphasize the fact that he had 100 relation to me ("devoted" status)...in POP it takes only 30 and the chance is 100%  :shock: (and you know how difficult it is, how many battles, how many quests one have to do it to get that relation)...so 100 should be obvious  :???:

I guess when someone experiences easier/improved/more logical (in my opinion) methods like the ones i described before... finds it hard to adapt to this...i love Perisno in many other aspects...but, in fact, this is a feature of Native...so i guess that's the one to blame.

Hope to see changes in this feature in future versions...I know that now is not the time to think of this...been waiting for 0.71v...happy it's coming soon  :grin:

Is it possible to tweak the reinforcement waves in Perisno?

I didn't see any options in game to do that (like Floris have)...I also tried using TweakMB but these options don't appear to Perisno (...different code?!)...also tried to see this explanation in many forums...i found distinct codes which are always dependent on the specific mod...
I assume the script is inside "mission_templates.txt" but then i'm not sure what to change...

I found this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=315114.0 related to Perisno...but it only changes the Defender reinforcement waves in Standard battle...still need to change Defenders Threshold/Attacker Waves/Attacker Threshold in Standard battles...and also this 4 features in Siege With Tower/Siege With Ladder/Village Raid.

I prefer to battle till the end as i find it more realistic and hate to stopping constantly in massive battles.

Hope someone from the devs, at least, know how to tweak this. If possible, would like to have an answer like this one done for Brytenwalda:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=221735.0 (These codes don't work in Perisno though)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Haka said:
Is it possible to tweak the reinforcement waves in Perisno?

I didn't see any options in game to do that (like Floris have)...I also tried using TweakMB but these options don't appear to Perisno (...different code?!)...also tried to see this explanation in many forums...i found distinct codes which are always dependent on the specific mod...
I assume the script is inside "mission_templates.txt" but then i'm not sure what to change...

I found this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=315114.0 related to Perisno...but it only changes the Defender reinforcement waves in Standard battle...still need to change Defenders Threshold/Attacker Waves/Attacker Threshold in Standard battles...and also this 4 features in Siege With Tower/Siege With Ladder/Village Raid.

I prefer to battle till the end as i find it more realistic and hate to stopping constantly in massive battles.

Hope someone from the devs, at least, know how to tweak this. If possible, would like to have an answer like this one done for Brytenwalda:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=221735.0 (These codes don't work in Perisno though)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Unfortunately I am not really good with .txt changes. I tried figuring it out for a bit, but even my Brytenwalda codes were different from the link you shared. Only way I know these could be changed is with the module system but i'd have to mess around to find those.
For now why don't you use battle sizer?

Back
Top Bottom