Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems as though, from the Lore/Faction Info page, that the names of Valahir troops will be in english. I'm not sure if this is final but it is the only current info on their troops I know.

The Reich obviously has all german troop names. It would seem to make sense to me that the Valahirs, being a viking based faction, would use names of Old Norse origin. Is there a reason this was decided against?

Abot said:
It seems as though, from the Lore/Faction Info page, that the names of Valahir troops will be in english. I'm not sure if this is final but it is the only current info on their troops I know.

The Reich obviously has all german troop names. It would seem to make sense to me that the Valahirs, being a viking based faction, would use names of Old Norse origin. Is there a reason this was decided against?
Some Valahir troops have Scandinavian names (thrall, drengr, hersir, huscarl) as far as I know. If you want, feel free to suggest changes.
About using names that we can understand, there's always the troop tree you can refer to :smile:
Silberfalke said:
Delegated Question:

There are assassins of Ral'Daiun. Do they actually have a hideout, or is this maybe one of the new locations that are being planned?

Thanks in advance...
I'm planning for them to have a mysterious fortress in the mountains. Ral'Daiun himself will reside there and the player can do quests for him.
It's not a big priority but I want it eventually to be done. I also am planning to give the assassins a special hideout for the player to attack for some unique weapons.

Why the easter eggs items are so underpowered ?  :cry:

With the stats of his blade, I understand how Boromir manged to be killed by a dozen of Uruk.
And I doubt Gandalf would have slain a Balrog, a powerful Mai'ar, who hold the dark fire of Udun, with such a weak Glamdring...

I think those items might need a little buff. Also, I think it would be a better idea to loot those items. Because I doubt an arms merchant would agree to sell a first age elven's blade....

Katsuki said:

With the stats of his blade, I understand how Boromir manged to be killed by a dozen of Uruk.
And I doubt Gandalf would have slain a Balrog, a powerful Mai'ar, who hold the dark fire of Udun, with such a weak Glamdring...

I think those items might need a little buff. Also, I think it would be a better idea to loot those items. Because I doubt an arms merchant would agree to sell a first age elven's blade....

Aren't loot tables fixed? i.e. can you set up a loot table to only provide an item once? Otherwise it doesn't make sense to loot a unique item possibly multiple times.

PoP has unique items available through capturing NPCs, among other things. Perhaps have them given as rewards for a questline for a minor faction, or something. Or one designated weapon (or even a list that takes your highest weapon proficiency) that is awarded upon a milestone, like 2000 renown or becoming king.

Moridin said:
Katsuki said:

Aren't loot tables fixed? i.e. can you set up a loot table to only provide an item once? Otherwise it doesn't make sense to loot a unique item possibly multiple times.

PoP has unique items available through capturing NPCs, among other things. Perhaps have them given as rewards for a questline for a minor faction, or something. Or one designated weapon (or even a list that takes your highest weapon proficiency) that is awarded upon a milestone, like 2000 renown or becoming king.

When I speak about looting those, it is obvious that they should be unique.
But I found your idea pretty interesting. Upond reaching some requirements, having a quest that will gave you some unique weapon sounds great to me.

KonykSoldatyk said:
Ich habe eine Bemerkung. "Desouk Slaves" rüsten  Drahara Bow aus. Diesen Bogen kann sie nicht schießen. Null haben sie Fähigkeit  im Bogenschießen (Power Draw). Warum brauchen sie diesen Bogen?
Delegated Question:
The 'Desouk Slaves' are equipped with a 'Drahara Bow' which they, from their skills, would not be able to use. Is there a certain purpose, they have this bow for?

thanks...

Silberfalke said:
KonykSoldatyk said:
Ich habe eine Bemerkung. "Desouk Slaves" rüsten  Drahara Bow aus. Diesen Bogen kann sie nicht schießen. Null haben sie Fähigkeit  im Bogenschießen (Power Draw). Warum brauchen sie diesen Bogen?
Delegated Question:
The 'Desouk Slaves' are equipped with a 'Drahara Bow' which they, from their skills, would not be able to use. Is there a certain purpose, they have this bow for?

thanks...
Hmm... must have been a equipping oversight.

They have been changed to Ice Arrows in 0.6, and will have +6 damage. Also, if you noticed you also have 36 of them which is a few more than the normal amount.

Not really sure how to phrase this question but I downloaded .50 last night and was messing around with it a bit before I went to sleep. It may just be my imagination but the battles seem really high speed. Horses move incredibly quickly so that I was a bit disoriented while fighting. I found it difficult to adapt and I have been playing MnB for a long time. Maybe Ive grown accustomed to PoP lagging on my comp. Idk.

Will the Redwood Nations lore be updated? I look at the thread and it doesn't tell me anything about them besides the troop trees  :sad:...

Also, will the dialogue be fixed anytime soon? (Lords and other people or whatever keep referring to the Calradia factions)

LunarNight said:
Will the Redwood Nations lore be updated? I look at the thread and it doesn't tell me anything about them besides the troop trees  :sad:...

Also, will the dialogue be fixed anytime soon? (Lords and other people or whatever keep referring to the Calradia factions)
Yes to both. Make sure you have 0.52 as that fixed some calradic name bugs.

Q: How come Tolranian lands are filled with fast mobs? I am almost every time chased by 10 different armies far stronger than me and faster.  :roll:

Clagius said:
Q: How come Tolranian lands are filled with fast mobs? I am almost every time chased by 10 different armies far stronger than me and faster.  :roll:

It will be tough starting out in Tolrania as it is filled with bandits and minor faction parties. I suggest you move to Maccavian lands for an easier start (at least I think Maccavia is easier).
In the next version bandit party numbers have been reduced and some have been nerfed. 

Something unusual said:
Clagius said:

It will be tough starting out in Tolrania as it is filled with bandits and minor faction parties. I suggest you move to Maccavian lands for an easier start (at least I think Maccavia is easier).
In the next version bandit party numbers have been reduced and some have been nerfed.

Okay, thanks! Good to know. :smile:

never really started at maccavia but hakkon empire its really easy,there is desuk slavers with their slaves(parties with lots of slavers can be hard at the start,until u get like 20 hakkon horseman) but the slaves themselves are really easy,since they have no armor, and sanwalkers are also very easy,the only problem is it u get close to amama u may find some wolf knight parties.

Back
Top Bottom