Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Fought the elephant guy last night. Had some 35 elephants romping around, was a pretty fun engagement. Though, I feel like they weren't that tough. I didn't look up the stats but their archery seemed mid-tier. They just ran around while we killed the non-elephant forces, then we cut down the elephants.

Did you guys look into making it such that the elephants would be able to trample cavalry? Would be pretty interesting to fight a force that can just run over and kill a cavalry charge.

Tuco said:
Did you guys look into making it such that the elephants would be able to trample cavalry?
I don't think it's possible.
Horses (from the game's point of view, all mounts are horses) are one of the most hard-coded things in Warband.
There is very little we can do using module system. We can't even fix animations, sounds and hitboxes.

So I'm a mercenary for a Reich lord a couple dozen days in, and we just barely survived this huge fight. Because of me having Surgery, most of his force survived, and became wounded. But now after that fight, instead of retreating to a castle or town and heal his troops, the lord keeps attacking random enemy lords and bandits, getting himself and me killed. And because they capture me, I have to restart my whole mercenary career all over again. This is pretty frustrating. Is it possible to fix this?

I'm pretty sure questions like these are supposed to go in one of the stickied threads above. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it annoys most people when new threads like these are spammed continuously.

hey my game doesn't show notifications anymore and NO IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF THE GAME VERSION IT IS UP TO DATE 1.172
it seems to be overflowing with one type of message and restarting has not helped
I look on recent messages and it gives me

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1652: Invalid Party ID: 3; LINE NO: 83:
At script: battle_political_consequences

it goes on and on from there and it never stops

xmlviking5 said:
hey my game doesn't show notifications anymore and NO IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF THE GAME VERSION IT IS UP TO DATE 1.172
it seems to be overflowing with one type of message and restarting has not helped
I look on recent messages and it gives me

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1652: Invalid Party ID: 3; LINE NO: 83:

it goes on and on from there and it never stops
Hmm.
It's weird.
When did it happen? Do you remember if you did anything special just before this (especially new quests)?
Because only 1 out of 2 things can explain this:
1) Your version is too up-too-date: something changed in the engine and it no longer recognizes (party_stack_get_troop_id, ":cur_troop_id", "p_temp_party_2", ":troop_iterator"), as valid operation.
2) p_temp_party_2 got removed, which is bad...

Racsoix said:
I'm pretty sure questions like these are supposed to go in one of the stickied threads above. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it annoys most people when new threads like these are spammed continuously.
Exactly. :smile:

Kenjataimu said:
So I'm a mercenary for a Reich lord a couple dozen days in, and we just barely survived this huge fight. Because of me having Surgery, most of his force survived, and became wounded. But now after that fight, instead of retreating to a castle or town and heal his troops, the lord keeps attacking random enemy lords and bandits, getting himself and me killed. And because they capture me, I have to restart my whole mercenary career all over again. This is pretty frustrating. Is it possible to fix this?
Are you a mercenary or a freelancer?
If you're a mercenary, then how can that lord possibly get you killed?
If you're a freelancer, don't use this mode.

What's the name of your lord? How rich is he (his wealth in notes)?

What's the difference between merc and freelancer? I'm a soldier in his army if that's what you're asking. The lord is Baron Matthias of Reich Des Drachen with a wealth of 25k currently. But I don't have the issue anymore, since after he insisted on killing the surrounding snow crawlers, he finally went to rest at a town. Though it is a situation that shouldn't happen.

EDIT: Might as well ask another question: It seems that I'm not recieving money from my enterprises when I'm a soldier in a lords army, is that intentional?

What's the difference between merc and freelancer?

Being a Mercenary Captain is the default Native feature, where you keep your army and remain an independent roaming warlord who just gets paid by a faction, but can't take any castles or towns for himself, unlike a full vassal.

Freelancer mode is where you join as a soldier in a lord's army, and it's odd and buggy from what I've heard, never tried it myself.

So I get that they are very high quality and should be hard to level, but aren't the exp requirements far too steep? I mean up to ranger it's fine. But that last level is like 100-150k experience for one soldier. Are they even that worth it compared for example a Maccavian Heavy Marksman or even custom archer merc units?

Kenjataimu said:
So I get that they are very high quality and should be hard to level, but aren't the exp requirements far too steep? I mean up to ranger it's fine. But that last level is like 100-150k experience for one soldier. Are they even that worth it compared for example a Maccavian Heavy Marksman or even custom archer merc units?
1) Simple questions are asked here, not in new threads.
2) Elintoran archers' quality matches their level.
3) As I said many times, different factions and troops are different in 0.8. It's not a total equality world. You're not supposed to have similar experience with every faction. You're not supposed to get [easily and fast] all and everyone that you want.
Crimson Rangers are the best archers in the game. And it is absolutely realistic that they take much more time to train.

xmlviking5 said:
no I don't remember doing anything really special
I did some bounties and that was it
Did you update the mod before starting a new game or during it?
Do you still have a save file before the bug started to happen?

Are they even that worth it compared for example a Maccavian Heavy Marksman or even custom archer merc units?

Yes, they are worth it. Elintor units are very strong in general.
The only problem with Crimson Rangers is the way they look. They are just so garish.

What are the requirements for recruiting prisoners? Do I have to be a certain level, or do they have to be below a certain level? Because I just get denied when I try to recruit them.

Compared to Native & other mods I play, Perisno is brutal in allowing prisoners to join you. :neutral:
I've spent weeks, nay months!, trying to recruit Red Immortals without success! :facepalm:
Just be patient? :???:

Kenjataimu said:
What are the requirements for recruiting prisoners? Do I have to be a certain level, or do they have to be below a certain level? Because I just get denied when I try to recruit them.
I repeat: simple questions are asked here, in Perisno Q&A + FAQ thread.

For prisoners - read the main thread, useful info section.
As for your own prisoners - you can only recruit them if your relation with their faction is positive and your level is higher than theirs.

Splendid.
Next time some critical bug happens that overflows your game with errors, I highly recommend that you stop playing immediately and look after your last working save file as if it was a Holy Grail.

As for now...
1) I take it you mean 0.81, not 8.1. In this case you still need to install hotfix 0.811 from the main thread.
2) After you install this hotfix, install this on top of it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkj8gnpj6v4pafj/fix_for_xmlviking5.zip?dl=0
In theory, it should solve the issue.

If this happens again, return to your last working save file and watch log messages carefully.
There will have to be a notificaiton like "Bad **** happened! {partyname} was removed in Paramonos ST. Save your last save file at all cost!".

I've started playing the game again and good news the error messages have not shown up at all and notifications have appeared

I'm saving in a seperate slot now incase anything else happens but once again thankyou a lot. most mod developers out there simply ignore most bug scenarios like mine and I gotta say you're by far one of the most friendly.

Back
Top Bottom