Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

clock4orange said:
Talinoth said:
OH - if they just outright refuse you, then that's that. I thought you weren't even getting the option! You confused me >.>

You'll have to fight them again, improve your renown, improve your relationship with them, make sure they don't have any fiefs (they're more willing to join you if they don't have any land), make sure your Kingdom is stronger than the enemy kingdom (it's easier to convert Lords when you're already winning the war), and make sure you have land you can give them when you ask them for their allegiance.

-

EDIT - And before I forget, some lords can't be converted. People like Herzog Oskar will simply never abandon their King or Queen until the very end.
I manage to recruit two lords, by talking private - what do you think about - ... - make decision - their relation to the liege was low, below 10 and I increase my persuasion to 7, all other condition were applied (lords without land, I had non-assigned land and we were winning war - in notes menu)

btw. can someone confirm, that lords (any) can recruit from freed prisoners only troops they have in an army - what I mean, only from their original faction and 'friendly' one if they already have them?
I haven't done recruiting of lords in Perisno, but from conquering the world in other mods some factions you just need to really beat the crap out of them over and over and over. Releasing them each time works up relationship, but it often takes a lot of ass whippings to deteriorate a given lord's loyalty to their liege.

And if you're strong enough, it's faster to just totally defeat a faction, let their lords disperse to other factions and then convince them after going to war with them.

Another strategy is to BTFO a faction until they have one keep (owned by the liege or someone you don't want to recruit) and then lobby for peace. Now there will be a bunch of lords fighting over table scraps and losing their loyalty (it drops over time when a lord has no land). You can also move onto another faction and go to war with them. Watch out though, because when you've got a bunch of lords all balled up in one area because they have one keep they can easily stomp people if they go to war. Sometimes I'll have multiple factions "cooking" simultaneously like this, all with peace agreements, one keep and a bunch of lords sitting there getting more butthurt by the day.

Completely absorbing another faction piece by piece takes a long time.

BTW: If you have cheat menu turned on, you can see the dice rolls that go into persuading them to join you. Sometimes the loyalty to a liege is absurdly high, and if you monitor a given lord over time you can see it deteriorate.

Tuco said:
I haven't done recruiting of lords in Perisno, but from conquering the world in other mods some factions you just need to really beat the crap out of them over and over and over. Releasing them each time works up relationship, but it often takes a lot of ass whippings to deteriorate a given lord's loyalty to their liege.

And if you're strong enough, it's faster to just totally defeat a faction, let their lords disperse to other factions and then convince them after going to war with them.

Another strategy is to BTFO a faction until they have one keep (owned by the liege or someone you don't want to recruit) and then lobby for peace. Now there will be a bunch of lords fighting over table scraps and losing their loyalty (it drops over time when a lord has no land). You can also move onto another faction and go to war with them. Watch out though, because when you've got a bunch of lords all balled up in one area because they have one keep they can easily stomp people if they go to war. Sometimes I'll have multiple factions "cooking" simultaneously like this, all with peace agreements, one keep and a bunch of lords sitting there getting more butthurt by the day.

Completely absorbing another faction piece by piece takes a long time.

BTW: If you have cheat menu turned on, you can see the dice rolls that go into persuading them to join you. Sometimes the loyalty to a liege is absurdly high, and if you monitor a given lord over time you can see it deteriorate.
try it, it is deference in Perisno 0.811 - with reown over 4K, 69 rtr and persuasion on level 7 (and 60-70 relation with them) still can not recruit them from prisoners - as you said, the only way is beat them and release for relationship and dropping loyalty
it is hard, as all lords I choose are good/upstanding, more over, I prefer families, like father and sons

clock4orange said:
try it, it is deference in Perisno 0.811 - with reown over 4K, 69 rtr and persuasion on level 7 (and 60-70 relation with them) still can not recruit them from prisoners - as you said, the only way is beat them and release for relationship and dropping loyalty
it is hard, as all lords I choose are good/upstanding, more over, I prefer families, like father and sons
I can't remember which mod allowed you to recruit lords while they were your prisoner, but I remember it feeling like cheating. It trivialized a huge part of the last part of the game of world conquest.

A few times already ive seen faction claimants rebel, but they always get ganged up on and are always defeated. Lets say that they actually arent destroyed in the first few days, would they actually be able to take land and form a new faction and possibly overthrow the old one? Can they actually succeed in their mission? 

Hey guys, I've just received this quest saying " Talk to requester. Adventurer meadbrewer mentioned that the resident of voldeberg requires my help. I might as well pay this person a visit." I've looked everywhere but I havn't really found anyone. There is a person named Nodah, but I'm not sure if that's him? So where can i find this resident?

vito397 said:
A few times already ive seen faction claimants rebel, but they always get ganged up on and are always defeated. Lets say that they actually arent destroyed in the first few days, would they actually be able to take land and form a new faction and possibly overthrow the old one? Can they actually succeed in their mission?
I'm not sure since I wasn't the one who coded this feature, but I doubt that.

Knight_Shadow said:
Hey guys, I've just received this quest saying " Talk to requester. Adventurer meadbrewer mentioned that the resident of voldeberg requires my help. I might as well pay this person a visit." I've looked everywhere but I havn't really found anyone. There is a person named Nodah, but I'm not sure if that's him? So where can i find this resident?

Oh, no, you're not looking for Nodah. Ride into the town streets and talk to the arms/armor/horse merchants personally, and if it's not them, go talk to the Goods merchant. Whenever I've done these quests, the "resident" always seems to be one of those four.

If you're talking to the right person, there'll be a new dialogue option where you can ask if they were the one who needed help.

Why should I download this mod? My problem is that when I play a new mod, it ends being all the same as native just with a different style and art, so what does this mod changes, why is it better than the others?

PD: Not being ironic/sarcastic in any way, seriously asking.

Nymeris said:
What does Perisno has to offer?
Absolutely nothing. Perisno doesn't have any features at all, that's why we don't have wikia, we don't keep any changelogs, don't have threads like... I dunno..."Perisno Factions, Lore, and Info", there are no screenshots, no letsplays on youtube, and the files are not even available for downloading and testing.
Nothing to do here.  :ohdear:

Nymeris said:
Why should I download this mod? My problem is that when I play a new mod, it ends being all the same as native just with a different style and art, so what does this mod changes, why is it better than the others?    :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

PD: Not being ironic/sarcastic in any way, seriously asking.

:shock:

After you play Perisno ,  Native will be boring as hell (pardon my French  :razz:  )
From my perspective ; is quite hard to get it right. 

By the time you have an elite army of 70 (and so proud of it  :iamamoron:) and are attacked by only 25 Assasins, or Old Gods Worshipers or whatnot,  and " you can take'em meh  :party:"    ..they will cut through your elites like through butter :twisted:

Buying land and enterprises is tricky  :???:  the Towns have to like you ( a lot) to allow you to build a bakery for instance. Multiple Named Heroes spawning frequently with huge elite armies , like the Amazon Queen  that will give your utter defeat a total new meaning  :iamamoron:.  Awesome missions that will see you bled dry , or give cool rewards ... :fruity:

Or... The huge Zann invasion , that  will shatter all but few of the established Kingdoms and turn the world upside-down. Immersion in factions with intricate politics and events ,etc.  :meh: 

If Native is Steel .    Then Perisno is  ?  ... UberBadAssTitaniumCobaltMofo  :iamamoron:
You will know after a desperate victory that is the reward in itself... 

Have fun playing !    :grin:
Me ?  I cannot stop playing Perisno !      :cool:

ps:  in my game the Amazon Queen was just running amok with some 600 entitled bit..es  ; looking for revenge to get me for the last time I royally kicked her majesty's ar$$e :grin:  ; and I just met her head on; and after almost 30 min of visceral combat , I won (again but bloody) and had to sop playing due to literally being exhausted...  this  Mod is truly amazing  :smile:

Perisno is bigger, better, and tougher than Native. If you get used to mods like this and Prophesy of Pendor, Native on max difficulty will seem like a breeze in comparison.

Things I notice;

- Huge variety of diverse and powerful factions. From the deserts of the Drahara to the cold wastes of Maccavia and the Reich, to the jungles of the Aroulo, to the foothills of the Sut and Bakhal Giants, the tunnels of the Kaikoth Dwarves, to the hidden Elven kingdom of Elintor and more, the major factions eye the land and seek total domination.
- Enormous unit variety, from Reich knights, to Elintor horse archers, to Maccavian Heavy Marksmen and their lethal Bladed Crossbows, and are those Draharans riding elephants? And it only gets better from there.
- High level npcs, and vastly increased combat difficulty. The highest level normal troops in Native were Swadian Knights and Nord Huscarls, at level 28, and the strongest guy in the game was King Harlaus at level 41. Meanwhile, in Perisno, common-tier troops can go up to anywhere between level 38-50+ most of the time, and some lords, companions, and elite units like the Elintoran Crimson Ranger can be level 60 or higher.
- Troops and Lords have their own skills. Units with higher Tactics will fight better in auto-calculated battles, units with Leadership will increase the morale of the party, and units with Pathfinder, Spotting, First Aid, etc will provide critical utility to your party.
- Vast range of new items, including weapons, stunning armour, and mounts. Hundreds if not thousands of new items are in the mod, and some are more exceptional than others... including Legendary Weapons like the Flamebringer, Spirit of the North, and Kingslayer, alongside ridable mounts both grand and bizarre including Tigers, Wolves, Elephants, the shadowy Twilight Horse, proud Wyverns, swift Elven warhorses and... cows?
- Quests, lore and backstory - Perisno is a dangerous New World, and the major factions vie desperately for power as new threats watch on... search for a legendary sword stained with the blood of kings, assault the last fortress of a faded empire, uplift a downtrodden Geldarin minority and burn the capital of the tyrannical Elintor to the ground, help the Illicans in their undying quest for vengeance against the Reich, and as Linthradil's having a panic attack, what exactly happened to that damn portrait anyway? All this and more.

=

- Kings and Lords are new and improved - Each Lord and King has their own skills, and unique set of troops. You just can't run from Rafaracus and his Yeomen, and tangle with Archduke Berlaeduil's Moon Knights, or dance with Herzog Oskar's dragon riders, and you'll find opponents that even Kings don't take lightly.
- Unique spawns - heroes and villains like Zeladeck, Nibor Hood, and King Rafklazan not tied to any of the major factions bring vast armies to Perisno in search of loot, fame, justice, glory, honour, carnage, and everything in between.
- Invasion! The Zann will descend across the land in a sea of blood and flame, and a vast horde of tens of thousands of men will pour across Perisno threatening the existence of all the major factions at once. Will you be the hero that saves Perisno, or will you exploit the invasion for your own ends, and begin your own conquest in their shadow?

=

- Player Kingdom - hire new NPCs. The Spymaster can plan assassination attempts, organise hits on enemy lords with mercenary armies, exploit the enemy's strategic weaknesses and help you whisper in the ears of the lords of other Kingdoms in order to convert them to your cause. The Grand Marshal will allow you to raise an army to defend the kingdom, hire powerful but expensive mercenaries, and marshal the armies to begin the war.
- Includes other plugins like Diplomacy. Diplomacy allows you to hire three new NPCs - the Constable, Chamberlain, and Chancellor. The Constable manages military affairs, like moving troops between garrisons, hiring npc patrols, automatically recruiting and training new troops in your castles and towns, and spying on enemy garrisons. The Chamberlain manages the financial side of your kingdom, including allowing you to upgrade fiefs remotely, lower or increase tax rates, manage your personal treasury, and store your household items. The Chancellor allows you new political options - appease lords and ladies by giving them gifts, send letters to lords to give them specific orders remotely, inform you of the disposition and personality of each lord in the game, and allows you to change your Kingdom's culture to train new units.
- Unique player faction - The Perisno faction may not dish out the pain like the Elintor, Reich or the Falcons, but the well balanced and quickly trained utility-heavy Perisno armies can be raised in huge numbers and can move across the map faster than anyone. Perisno Great Knights can slug it out with the best, Ranger Knights and Darkforest Archers provide a withering archer line that few except the Elves can match, and the Perisno Holy Champion inspires his comrades to victory and gives a huge leadership bonus that allows you to maintain armies of several hundred at a time even with low Leadership.

=

- New Tavern NPCs - Play coin-flip with the Tavern Keepers or talk to them for dangerous new bounty hunting quests, meet questgivers from the Adventurer's Guild, find new hireable mercenaries, cough up the cash for the Entertainment Guildsman who'll lift the spirits of your men for a lord's ransom, speak with unique npcs that give a variety of new quests and peruse the inventory of the Magic Merchant, with a random variety of sometimes powerful and extremely rare unique items.
- Special battle abilities - heal your wounds with First Aid, rally your army with Battlecry, scatter the weak before you with Warcry, Taunt to capture the attention of the enemy army, and more.

... Actually, I'm done. I'm probably not even halfway there with the feature list but there's so much new stuff in Perisno that listing all of the major changes is hurting my brain, so I'm going to stop now.

But what if I wanted a real job?  :ohdear:

Jokes aside, I'll consider Corporate PR as my backup option if my "make actual contributions to society" agenda doesn't pan out. I mean, my dignity isn't as important as keeping a roof over my head and food in my pantry, and somebody has to write the lines for the motivational posters on the office cubicles, and the flavour text on the cereal box, right?

---

Anyway, back to game questions:

I've put Oskar's party to the sword about four or five times now (and I lost more people than I'd like every time, even though my army is twice the size of his! :sad:), and I've been wondering something - can you actually loot his mount? I'm not even sure I want his dragon to actually use, I just want it as a collector's item.

Also, is there any way I can score that armour the Perisno Runed Knights use? I'm eagerly searching for any stat improvements I can get my hands on, and I think the difference between a "very very strong" player character and "demigod" will be a couple of extra points of armour.

I've put Oskar's party to the sword about four or five times now (and I lost more people than I'd like every time, even though my army is twice the size of his! :sad:), and I've been wondering something - can you actually loot his mount? I'm not even sure I want his dragon to actually use, I just want it as a collector's item.
Looted it only once, when he attacked me while i traveled with only companions and 50 household guards to gather some garrison troops. Battle ended in the bloodbath on top of the hill, i lost all but 6 of my heroic households, but two dragons were my prize - Lame Elder and Heavy Frost (had maxed looting of course).
Also, is there any way I can score that armour the Perisno Runed Knights use? I'm eagerly searching for any stat improvements I can get my hands on, and I think the difference between a "very very strong" player character and "demigod" will be a couple of extra points of armour.
Afaik only Nox and his Runed Knights and Falcons leader wear it. So save-scuming Nox's party with medium-sized elite force and maxed looting is an option, if this is so important to you...

ty for the answers guys, I as well downloaded and im currently playing it :grin:, a lot of content indeed (Also difficult as hell)

I've seen that some people talking about hired knight? What are they and how can I hire them?

What is the purpose of beehouse? I can't do anything other than talk to a meadbrewer which does nothing. I can't even leave that place

Aldoarip said:
I've seen that some people talking about hired knight? What are they and how can I hire them?
Custom mercenaries.
Recruits can be hired in the merc guild at the center of the map, then they can be trained and eventually become knights.

Back
Top Bottom