Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Only restarting the game clears the log.

Restore your old save file if you didn't remove it completely.
The fix should fix it.
There is no need to start anew.

This mod was one of the top 10 on the Warband reddit, so I figured I'd go and give it a whirl. Found a few bugs right off the bat:

1. The female face textures do not have an old variant. Adjusting the age slider just causes the hair to have whiteness, with the slider close to max.

2. At the town of Maccan, the inn's collision sounds are bugged; The stone floor plays the wood footstep collision sounds, as do the beds.

3. When you enter/leave a town or village, the campaign camera will reset; it'll be fully zoomed in on the player. Possibly a vanilla bug?

4. The loudness of the sounds are all over the place. Music is extremely loud, footsteps are extremely quiet, attack sounds are deafeningly loud, the UI click is inaudible. I used Audacity's automated file editing feature, Chains, to increase the volume of ~170 of the sounds, but some are still much quieter than others, as well those same sounds being quieter than when they are played through MPC-HC. Get it here: https://mega.nz/#!H1VTXS5Y!YREPU3HHk0MwK4-vsOf4L888Vl_j8adxlPzmub2wBsM

MajinCry said:
1. Yeah, we need somebody who could paint them.  :smile:
2. :shock: Is there even a stone collision sound? I visited several wooden/stone castles and taverns, then lunched Native and tested it in Native - sounds all the same to me. Native sound is different from Perisno sound, but there is no difference between wood and stone. And I've never heard of any setting that sets the type of material the floor uses.
3. :shock: Never encountered it, never heard of it.
4. :shock: Never noticed any imbalance, never read any reports about one.
Plus music loudness as well as sound loudness can be changed in game settings, separately from each other.

Leonion said:
MajinCry said:
1. Yeah, we need somebody who could paint them.  :smile:
2. :shock: Is there even a stone collision sound? I visited several wooden/stone castles and taverns, then lunched Native and tested it in Native - sounds all the same to me. Native sound is different from Perisno sound, but there is no difference between wood and stone. And I've never heard of any setting that sets the type of material the floor uses.
3. :shock: Never encountered it, never heard of it.
4. :shock: Never noticed any imbalance, never read any reports about one.
Plus music loudness as well as sound loudness can be changed in game settings, separately from each other.

Never tried to paint textures before, but hell, if the quad models are available I could try; triangulated models are impossible to get good sculpts from. And no, there isn't a stone collision sound as far as I know, the grass footsteps (which are kinda not-grassy sounding) would suffice. The wood footstep sound is wildly different from the grass footstep sound, probably just weren't able to hear the sounds actually play.

The game can obviously differentiate between texture collision types, so I wonder how that's done. I'd hazard a guess that it's inside the material file, or in the part of the .brf that points to the model's textures.

I'm using the latest build, so it might be a bit different than to what you've got running? Started a fresh game, chose a female character, and spawned in Maccavia.

And yeah, music and sound loudness can be interchanged, but there aren't sliders for the different types of sound effects. Footsteps, weapon collisions, weapon whooshes, battle cries, horse neighs, hooves, etc., would be better with their own sliders.

On the subject of footstep sounds, I've got a huge collection of royalty free sound effects. Lemme see if I can find a few decent ones.

MajinCry said:
Never tried to paint textures before, but hell, if the quad models are available I could try; triangulated models are impossible to get good sculpts from.
Old faces are just textures. Meshes are not involved in any way, afaik.

MajinCry said:
I'd hazard a guess that it's inside the material file, or in the part of the .brf that points to the model's textures.
If it's just grass vs wood, then it probably simply depends on exterior vs interior.
And such things are very likely hardcoded inside the engine.
There are very few sound operation in module system:
3Ktieyn.png
And I haven't seen any settings in brf files.

Plus I've listened to "grass" sound which is more like "earth" sound. Doesn't fit castles either, imo.
Plus you said footsteps are silent. Leave them silent then. Why do you need this clanking in the first place?
It took me just a couple of minutes of tests to get annoyed by it.

MajinCry said:
I'm using the latest build, so it might be a bit different than to what you've got running?
Definitely no.
Sounds are one of those things that are edited very rarely. :smile:

To summarize:
1) There is little I can do about sounds in module system.
2) I really can't hear any problems in sound balance, so I'm not gonna try and fix the issue I can't detect.
Most people here don't have an exceptional hearing.

On a side note, though...
:dead:
Is it just me, or travel_rhodok and ambushed_by_swadian are absolutely UNBEARABLE?
In my game, I turned off music completely just to never hear them.
They almost make my ears bleed.

P.S. Stupid forum.
When I pushed the button to post this message, the forum decided to check my browser and by doing so erased the message.  :facepalm:
It's a good thing a have a habit to do ctrl+a => ctrl+c before posting.  :smile:
Otherwise I would be really angry now.

P.P.S. I just remembered I saw old female faces in some OSP (or was it just a pack for personal use?), but they had some weird compression my GIMP couldn't handle and were bigger in size than they should be (170KBs).

Leonion said:
Old faces are just textures. Meshes are not involved in any way, afaik.

It's pretty rare for organic textures to be done solely in Photoshop. To get decent textures (no seams, minimal stretching, minimal pixelation), and to get normal maps that aren't absolutely awful:

Take quad mesh
Unwrap the UV's if not already done
Subdivide the bejeesus out of it
Apply tileable texture
Sculpt in veins, muscles, bones, wrinkles, etc.
Paint colours directly onto the mesh
Projection paint (like decals, but the images directly overlapping the diffuse)
Export the sculpted mesh
Export it's diffuse map
Generate normals for the low-poly quad mesh from the high-poly sculpt
Et voila.

If there are no bodies and heads modeled in quads, it's a nightmare; you have to create an identical mesh from scratch - polygons, skinning, and the UV map.

Plus I've listened to "grass" sound which is more like "earth" sound. Doesn't fit castles either, imo.
Plus you said footsteps are silent. Leave them silent then. Why do you need this clanking in the first place?
It took me just a couple of minutes of tests to get annoyed by it.

You're annoyed by characters having footsteps? For me, it's the opposite. Having characters with hulking frames making nary a peep when they move is jarring. It's a right immersion killer once you notice it, if you ask me.

If it's not possible to edit the footstep sounds, I'd say that the tavern at least should have the bottom floor changed to a wooden one. Stone just don't sound like a hollow crate.

If it possible, I went and extracted 5 individual footsteps & 1 landing sound from one of my Foley folders: https://mega.nz/#!vtFl1DrS!KHReZ5HI9D_OWIiz4QjJx-iah-LZlh5IJyqiZ4uko1Y

MajinCry said:
I'm using the latest build, so it might be a bit different than to what you've got running?
Definitely no.
Sounds are one of those things that are edited very rarely. :smile:

To summarize:
1) There is little I can do about sounds in module system.
2) I really can't hear any problems in sound balance, so I'm not gonna try and fix the issue I can't detect.
Most people here don't have an exceptional hearing.
[/quote]

It's not really an issue of exceptional hearing, it's that people have the volume turned waaaaay down because the weapon sounds are insanely loud, so things such as the UI, footsteps, horse hooves, world map gallop, etc., are inaudible. Folks don't know those sounds are even being played.

Hell, audio works wonders for immersion. It's the most neglected facet of games, when it can do so much. It's what I've consistently modded into Bethesda's games post-Morrowind.

On a side note, though...
:dead:
Is it just me, or travel_rhodok and ambushed_by_swadian are absolutely UNBEARABLE?

P.P.S. I just remembered I saw old female faces in some OSP (or was it just a pack for personal use?), but they had some weird compression my GIMP couldn't handle and were bigger in size than they should be (170KBs).

There are a whole bunch of DXT1-DXT5 .dds compression methods. Probably used one of the more obscure ones so Gimped flipped out.

I personally don't mind it when females don't have textures for old faces. It allows for having white hair without wrinkles! I consider it a feature, not a bug, especially in case of elves.

Quite a lot of music tracks in Perisno clash with each other.
I straight up replaced all Perisno music with other files. I was just so damn tired of Red Army Choir Cossack Song followed by Two Steps From Hell followed by some inane tambourine jamboree...

Enlisting as a soldier in a lord's army, and after that he besieges a castle when the siege is over i get the commanders menu which says to follow the commander in battle, i click that and then i get the castle menu. Clicking leave option at the castle will again show me the commanders menu with the follow in battle... I mean click these options will just bring you the same menus all the time and you can't actually play the game anymore.

EDIT: Everything seems fine now, this happened yesterday but today this thing doesn't persist anymore.

Got the quest to kill a deserter on Reness, Hakkon Empire's village, didn't find him.

The formations menu and special orders quickly appears and dissapears, is there any way to fix this?

The description of a sword I just found reads "Fell from the sky as an meteorite, forge⇃d in the fire mountain by ⇃the Sky King.  This is the sword of the Chosen One."

This is pretty bad English.  Fixing the typos and coordinating the two parts of the first sentence would still produce a clumsy construct.  I'd suggest this:

"Forged in the fire mountain by the Sky King from meteorite iron, this is the sword of the Chosen One."

Lazy Buttons said:
Honestly, that's not even a big deal compared to, say, Meadbrewer's quest.
Yeah, I think I failed that one because I had no idea what was going on.  Or, given that it is gone from my log, maybe I completed it.  No clue.

Both should be fixed, and I would not mind translating the Meadbrewer lines to English, as long as someone can give them to me in a language I read (any Slavic one, French and German)

Tuidjy said:
Lazy Buttons said:
Honestly, that's not even a big deal compared to, say, Meadbrewer's quest.
Yeah, I think I failed that one because I had no idea what was going on.  Or, given that it is gone from my log, maybe I completed it.  No clue.

Both should be fixed, and I would not mind translating the Meadbrewer lines to English, as long as someone can give them to me in a language I read (any Slavic one, French and German)

I love the mod, but the spelling and grammar hurt me a little each time.  I'm not really a fan of winning a tournament, going to my wife to impress her with the win, and it refers to her as my husband.  The female models were improved, now the text needs to match. :wink:  Unfortunately, that confusing use of gender is all through Perisno.

On to the bug I'm experiencing.  If my wife is wearing a helmet that covers her face, it disappears on the inventory screen.  Sometimes it reappears, sometimes it doesn't.  Thinking it glitched out, or it was lost in the coding ether, I equipped a different helmet.  Then it started switching back and forth, or again, would disappear entirely.  If I equip a helmet in which her face is visible, no problems whatsoever.  Incidentally, it's great being able to take her out on campaign, but how unusual for her to start with a 21 strength.  :shock:

-Hawk

Leonion said:
It's an ancient native bug of unknown origins.
Restart the game.

Thanks, worked.
I had a big battle with almost 300 Hakkon agaisnt 150 Kailoth... they won the first time... it seems most of the kills were done by mountain keepers and some two handed units.
I tried again and again until a good number of troops entered in the battle (at first only the Emperor with 200 decided to help me, in the sucessful try it was me and other 2 lords and the Emperor, almost 300 soldiers) but this time I waited quite a bit for the last lord to join and there were only 78 kailoth troops left, it was an easy battle but those keepers gave a hell of a fight. Is that supposed to happen?
Damage to player and allies on normal.

Back
Top Bottom