Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Bankoleva said:
It seams that several features are not working and I'm getting some graphical errors in the game. Primarily it around the silverstag features.

- Sprint doesn't work ( I don't see it on me or npc's)
- no stamina bar
- I can't do nor have I seen Shield bash occur
- Encumbrance is definitely not working. (literally opened the cheat menu and gave myself every heavy item to get a 50 encumbrance.... nothing)
- villagers are still in battle.... Though not sure if this feature is for bandit infestations and faction raids
- occasionally enemies get knocked down, half melt into the ground and stay there till I see the problem and personally go kill them
- Got the occasional missing texture on some items (elven helm) and some horses have like weird pixelated black boxes

I have a pretty solid PC that doesn't have issues. And nothing is game breaking. When I started looking for answers and saw that I might literally be the only one with this, I tried several solutions. I've verified my files, redownloaded and reinstalled a fresh copy of WSE, .77, .771, and .772. I've tried every combination of check boxes and restarted about 5 times now.  Dodge toggle does work though. I'm at my wits end.

Warband 1.168
WSE 4
Perisno .772
Windows 7 home premium

Sprint was removed because Michadr's sprint had no stamina component and could be spammed forever without cooldown,
while the Perisno data model had errors with PBOD, the troop relations table starting  at slot 165, and diplomacy overwriting each other.

The fatigue bar associated with Silverstag sprint was calling a Silverstag version of battle mini map, which had a different magnification for placement of the dots representing each agent in battle (your team and the enemy).  This would be drawn 10 times a second, and 10 times a second the Perisno battle map was drawn from a different place in code, making a blinking effect that most people thought was a "stutter".  This needs untangling to restore the bar, which needs doing anyway to finish transforming a shared magic system in Phosphor v22 and elsewhere in the next months.

Although I thought I had some of that straightened out looking at Silverstag's slots.xlsx file, actually I needed to rebuild that file from scratch, which I did only last Friday as a donation to the Perisno team.  So these still had issues from not enough padding at the slots to prevent different add-ins from overwriting other add-ins, especially diplomacy as the number of factions increased, PBOD, auto-loot, and Silverstag.

The correct file as shown for Perisno 0.8 looks like this:
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEVlIxcmJFSUNkTnc/view?usp=sharing

I have not made one for .77x because Michadr expressed no interest whatsoever in further patches or work with .77x.
  I suppose since he didnt put much into it, it has not even sentimental value for him.  In any case, the dev team HAS been getting daily assistance from him for 0.8, unlike the 0.7 team, which he felt needed no advice or assistance, even when things were obviously not working.
  To fix the .772 issues needs at the least a SAVEGAME BREAKING new model for data, so it would have to be a mythical .78,
which will never be built (officially).

In general, all of the CODE (not art!) changes for .7xx (after .70, which was Michadr's, and excepting .75 which was from Zephilinox) were from me, but 3 issues followed:
1) My code was not at all understood by anyone else in the team, making it difficult for the others to maintain.
2) the data model not being accurate meant no one including myself could understand why things that looked like they should work - fail, and for this I was blamed both internally, and externally by fans
  3) I am and was sensitive to criticism and proud - I took anyone else calling themselves "lead dev" but not actually coding squat diddly very badly.  I'm glad to say in this I am now WRONG - Michadr has been coding very well the last THREE months when I was in the hospital or otherwise unable to code, and I'm happy for the new Perisno team.  I still look in on them from time to time even though my new efforts are at another mod.  They are making excellent progress on a Perisno 0.8, which hopefully they will release for summer.

I was making good progress until my illness took me offline for 3 months, and after two seperate visits to the hospital I seem to have recovered.  I expect some several years of decent enough work before going offline a while longer :smile:

- Glenn Sanders
    Sofia Bulgaria
    (ex Fremont California USA)

OK... well thank you for the detailed answer but I must admit half of it was in Klingon since I don't speak mod. But I guess the summary is,
- you're the guy that made most of the coding possible.
- There was some misunderstanding in combining several other mods into this one which is causing conflicts and breaking some of the features
- Most of the broken stuff probably won't be fixed till .8 comes out next year because it requires a lot of work that will be save breaking.
- I should enjoy the game in its current form and forget about the extra features.

Well thanks for the answers. I'll go ahead and play now and stop wasting time looking for and trying to fix these things.

Cheers

All true,
    but since 0.8 won't come out for some time, perhaps I'll make an unofficial, absolutely savegame breaking version for sometime AFTER Women's Day, as I'll be busy until then on other projects.

Besides having to build a fresh data model for 0.78,
    some people ask about filtering lords from auto-joining and being able to release them without consequesces.

Also the prevention of villagers from joining in battle is specifically only when you interrupt a faction enemy who is raiding a village.  With bandits there always will be villagers "assisting".  Consider it your mission to see less of them die by your expert leadership....

Shield bash is specifically going to be removed from the player but can still occur with PBOD AI in a so far not officially sanctioned .78

Encumbrance is mostly for NPC troops - yours and theirs, with a much less impact for the player and NPCs.
In theory it influences dodge, riding, shield skill, and horse archery, as well as athletics -- for TROOPS that is.  For PLAYERS and HEROES, I can't let it change those stats, or it would be ripe for abuse.  SO instead I had to mark "temporary skills", which then need the base code changes to look at temporary skills instead of original stats.  The Warband engine itself also looks at original stats, and I can't change that behavior.  So encumbrance is mostly for troops.  However one key value in the encumbrance calculation is currently over written by a table that grew in memory much larger than first expected, holding relations between lords and companions.  As Perisno has at least 2x more lords than in Native, this table is 2x bigger, and covers many in memory variables holding important numbers added by me/us/other add-in code such as PBOD and Diplomacy.

Whether its Klingon to you or not, once these numbers are trashed the effects we trusted these memory locations to hold stop working.  Now since noone else wants to work on the less exciting and less famous "old Perisno", I can't get anyone on the team to help me.  I'm not even on the team for 0.8 except in an advisor role.  This is by mutual choice.  Michadr is tired of the whole .7 process -- to many patches, too much grief, too many complaints, not enough glory.  He doesnt want to make yet another .7, unless dragged into it.  I was tired of people complaining, tired of not finding the problems by myself, and tired of my illness making me a sour old man with health issues when everyone else is happy and young and so on.  So basically I stepped back and decided the new guys should do the next version -- and so long as its a new version, theyre happy to do so -- first by cutting away every layer I added and then starting fresh, with a much smaller "Perisno".  This in part because it seemed to them that everything added only gave them headaches.

If I did a fix its only to show the code was in fact better than they gave credit for, if in need of a second pair of hands to check for collisions.  Since out of 16 devs I couldn't get even 1 to do this with me (edit: not true: the Russians/Ukrainians helped - they never stopped helping, and always had a kind word for me), results have been less than perfect.  On my "other" project now, at least I dont do it alone -- the OTHER guy is doing 2/3rds of the job, at least, and I'm the slacker not holding up my end of the output.  I need to get that part done so at least one mod can release, and showing by the way quite a bit of working implementation of ideas this mod had and rejected as "never will work".  It can never work when the data model is flawed, correct.  It COULD work with the right follow up. But at this point everyone is tired of .7, and I'm the only person with any attachment to it from the devs. Frankly quite a bit of it needs trimming -- especially the 1000 unused models, the excess bloat in the resources making it take too long to load, and quite a few things such as this leftover from version .70 and before - plus whatever I am blamed for messing up.

These are mid to late March problems, and would be unofficial and save game breaking.  IF I did such a thing it would be as a favor, not an obligation, simply to take some pressure off the 0.8 work.  The main issue is if it STILL needs more "fixes" then its really too darn bad, because there is a time to draw the line and wait.

- GS

Every so often I get a CTD with the following error msg:
ok91FyF.png
  I've only had it happen with 0.722.  Have to either reboot or kill Steam to restart M&B.

Sleeeves said:
Every so often I get a CTD with the following error msg:
ok91FyF.png
  I've only had it happen with 0.722.  Have to either reboot or kill Steam to restart M&B.

I've had this with the same message happen to me as well. However I can usually just relaunch the game without issue. I've also noticed it has only happened after a save. It's the only commonality I found and realized it only because a few time I remember thinking to my "It's a good thing I just saved."

Bankoleva said:
I've had this with the same message happen to me as well. However I can usually just relaunch the game without issue. I've also noticed it has only happened after a save. It's the only commonality I found and realized it only because a few time I remember thinking to my "It's a good thing I just saved."
Yeah, it's happened immediately after a quicksave for me at least a few times. 

The last time it happened (immediately after a save again) I didn't get the RGL error.  Instead, CTD generated a msg that a problem w M&B had been encountered and Windows was searching for a solution.

We are aware of the hesh vector fail bug. All the ones that are reported have a different number though, and as if yet we are unsure what is causing this.

Hi, I just discovered you mod and it seems interesting, I will explore it more deeply this weekend.

I started a game and Silivethiel is now one of my companion but every time I enter a tavern I have two Silivethiel companions who enter with me.

Otherwise, it seems ok in combat as just one Silvethiel spawn.

Maybe you were already aware of this phenomena but I case it's not the case I report it.

Barak666 said:
Hi, I just discovered you mod and it seems interesting, I will explore it more deeply this weekend.

I started a game and Silivethiel is now one of my companion but every time I enter a tavern I have two Silivethiel companions who enter with me.

Otherwise, it seems ok in combat as just one Silvethiel spawn.

Maybe you were already aware of this phenomena but I case it's not the case I report it.

This is from PBOD having a bodyguard code plus Perisno ALSO adding a bodyguard code.  It was fixed in a later version Perisno.  For your version that you run now, you could go to PBOD options and uncheck the enable bodyguards in town and villages, then only 1 set of bodyguard code will stay active and 1 bodyguard appears.  Each of the two separate bodyguard codes selected Silvethiel for you, using identical logic, but the two copies are because two different sections fires and neither knows about the other.  Been there/done that.

- GS

Just started playing Persino 0.772 version and found few bugs

Zann dynasty : Lords defects Tokuguwa and Hiero twice. I have 2 lords name Tokuguwa and 1 lord with name Hiero and under another title General Hiero.

Once lords defect to my empire from another empire except Zann Dynasty,they Joined directly to my empire didn't wait dialog talk where I should accept them as Lords.Now my empire has too many lords.

Mostly this defect happens when empire is eliminated(Like Tolarian,Redwood and Dahara eliminated in my game).

Another important thing,the Defect lords which joined my empire automatically didn't change their titles.Like I use Maharaja and Maharani title but lords defect from redwood still title count and dahara still title Noyan.

After Zann invansion, within a month most of the lords of Zann dynasty defected and lead to Zann dynasty at the edge to elimination.Once Emperor which left with one general got defeated let the Zann Dynasty to elimination.Zann dynasty lords should defect after Zann dynasty conqueor 1 castle/town.

When my horse gets damaged it's riding very slow in battle.  I've got the camp/change game settings/Horse Speed Limitation disabled, but still having the problem where horse moves slow after taking damage.  I don't see any options in PBOD Mod Preferences, so think I'm just **** outta luck (unless one of you know where in the game files I can manually change the setting).

Huseby said:
When my horse gets damaged it's riding very slow in battle.  I've got the camp/change game settings/Horse Speed Limitation disabled, but still having the problem where horse moves slow after taking damage.  I don't see any options in PBOD Mod Preferences, so think I'm just **** outta luck (unless one of you know where in the game files I can manually change the setting).

its possible the diplomacy settings are shown backwards.  Try it both ways and otherwise you're out of luck for now, as
everyone is distracted Perisno 0.8 for one group and various other mods for Robin/Robbing or I.

Its not something I touched with .78 so it should behave exactly as .772 for horse speed.  I won't have time for Perisno for some time yet (2 weeks?)

- GS

gsanders said:
Huseby said:

its possible the diplomacy settings are shown backwards.  Try it both ways and otherwise you're out of luck for now, as
everyone is distracted Perisno 0.8 for one group and various other mods for Robin/Robbing or I.

Its not something I touched with .78 so it should behave exactly as .772 for horse speed.  I won't have time for Perisno for some time yet (2 weeks?)

- GS

I'll give that a try, I bet you're right since the patch notes say it's disabled by default, but it was enabled in the options. I'll give it a try and post back

*EDIT* That was the issue, running version .772 (I just re-enabled the check box for what looks like would make horses slow down when taking damage), and they no longer slow down after taking damage.

Once again, thank you very much gsanders!  You da best!

So I am playing 0.772 and in the middle of my campaign (day 400+) all the faces of the vassals and rulers become very old, elongated, squeezed, just generally really distorted.

poochking said:
So I am playing 0.772 and in the middle of my campaign (day 400+) all the faces of the vassals and rulers become very old, elongated, squeezed, just generally really distorted.
Come again?? Did you edit any game files?

Michadr said:
poochking said:
Come again?? Did you edit any good files?

Nope, I didn't do anything to the files I just suddenly noticed that all of the vassals' faces became either really old and/or squeezed, compressed. Again nothing was changed and it was only the faces of vassals their family members, companions...etc everyone had normal faces. Oh and the faces in new campaigns seems fine it just seem that particular campaign the problem.

PS: just wanna say great mod I really appreciated this ...really fun

poochking said:
Michadr said:
poochking said:
Come again?? Did you edit any good files?

Nope, I didn't do anything to the files I just suddenly noticed that all of the vassals' faces became either really old and/or squeezed, compressed. Again nothing was changed and it was only the faces of vassals their family members, companions...etc everyone had normal faces. Oh and the faces in new campaigns seems fine it just seem that particular campaign the problem.

PS: just wanna say great mod I really appreciated this ...really fun
This is very weird. I have never heard of this issue. Though It's not game breaking, I am also not sure we will be able to fix it.

Michadr said:
This is very weird. I have never heard of this issue. Though It's not game breaking, I am also not sure we will be able to fix it.

If I remember it right, I've seen this case before in another mod, and the cause was a corrupted save file.

Sky Warden said:
Michadr said:

If I remember it right, I've seen this case before in another mod, and the cause was a corrupted save file.

So the chances of this happening again is small? just happened to be that particular campaign glitches out and became corrupted right?

Sky Warden said:
Michadr said:

Even I faced the same problem after 300 plus days but only 1-2 characters.Mainly it happens in my game due to lords switching sides and joining directly to faction without dialogue. And my game is fine,not corrupted.

Back
Top Bottom