Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

Users who are viewing this thread

I love this mod!! Has anyone figured out the shader issue for Mac??? I had no problems with shaders in previous version but suddenly I'm getting a lot of issues with elven armors just being pure white/textureless. Any thoughts?
Are you playing with "load textures on demand"?

Are you playing with "load textures on demand"?
Yes indeed, I just double checked the rgl_config. It's as follows (unrelated, but I tried the old turning on demand texture off and on again and no dice):
first_time = 1
texture_detail = 74
render_buffer_size = 15
max_framerate = 60
start_windowed = 0
use_pixel_shaders = 1
use_vertex_shaders = 1
fake_reflections = 1
show_framerate = 0
use_ondemand_textures_ = 1
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1
disable_music = 0
disable_sound = 0
disable_frequency_variation = 0
cheat_mode = 1
enable_blood = 1
enable_edit_mode = 0
force_single_threading = 0
debug_mode = 0
display_width = 1440
display_height = 900
display_bits = 32
antialiasing = 0
sample_quality = 0
alpha2coverage = 0
force_vsync = 1
shadowmap_quality = 0
shader_quality = 0
postfx_dof = 0
postfx_hdr = 0
postfx_autoexp = 1
flora_degrade_distance = 125.0000
flora_lod_detail = 0
use_instancing = 0
use_secure_connection = 0
max_number_of_connections = 16
look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0
music_volume = 0.4000
sound_volume = 1.0000
mouse_sensitivity = 0.5000
invert_mouse = 0
enable_lighting = 1
enable_particles = 1
enable_blood = 1
enable_character_shadows = 1
enable_accurate_shadows = 1
number_of_corpses = 5
grass_density = 71
combat_speed = 2
friend_combat_difficulty = 0
adapter_format = 0
reduce_combat_ai = 2
reduce_campaign_ai = 2
combat_difficulty = 0
display_labels = 1
display_targeting_reticule = 1
display_attack_direction = 0
turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person = 2
verbose_damage = 1
verbose_shot_difficulty = 1
battle_size = 1.0000
attack_direction_control = 2
defend_direction_control = 0
lance_control = 0
anisotropic_filtering = 1
enable_environment_shadows = 1
verbose_casualties = 1
verbose_experience = 1
realistic_shadows_on_plants = 2
number_of_ragdolls = 5
gamma = 2.2000
character_detail = 1.0000
character_shadow_detail = 0.3505
control_mouse_movement_y_scale = 1.5000
blood_stains = 2
use_winmm_audio = 0
enable_version_check = 1
enable_aspect_ratio_control = 1
realistic_headshots = 0
auto_gfx_quality = 0
enable_gamepad_vibration = 1

I love this mod!! Has anyone figured out the shader issue for Mac??? I had no problems with shaders in previous version but suddenly I'm getting a lot of issues with elven armors just being pure white/textureless. Any thoughts?
Same, but since I dug through previous thread I found it might just be the case for Mac and Linux user. Don't know how to fix the display issue.

Mac and Linux are allergic to the beautiful custom shaders some of the "shiny" armors use (like paladins' one).
A "patch" has to be made that replaces these shaders with boring Native ones.

h-445.jpg

If you wish, you can do it with OpenBrf yourself, it's not hard.

PUSvVUA.jpg
ACVqGvj.jpg
8kGGArT.jpg

There are a bunch of ways of making money. The most profitable early on and throughout the game is selling slaves. Save up some money to buy enterprises. You can also gamble with the tavern keeper, but it can be tricky. I usually win 70-80% of the time. Buying land is also a option but that is more for the long run.
Nice! i got 100k gold for gambling under 30 mins. ty bro!

Mac and Linux are allergic to the beautiful custom shaders some of the "shiny" armors use (like paladins' one).

h-445.jpg

Thanks pal, got your points. I encountered problems when installing OpenBRF on PlayOnMac, but I knew it's out of the discussion of this thread. I will try to debug the errors. And by the way, is there any manual way to switch the shaders? (I opened the sahder_mod_gaolu in TextEdit but get stuck). Anyway, your post is helpful enough, I might consider having a windows pc then. Appreciated

h-445.jpg

Thanks for the reply! I actually got OpenBrf to run on Wine but sadly I can't seem to select the module.ini in the Perisno directory, so while I could open the .brf file, there were no associated files to be processed :sad:.

Thanks for the reply! I actually got OpenBrf to run on Wine but sadly I can't seem to select the module.ini in the Perisno directory, so while I could open the .brf file, there were no associated files to be processed :sad:.
Alright, here you go:

Alright, here you go:
Did you ever know that you're my hero? That you are the wind beneath my wings? I can't wait to see what you cook up for Bannerlord :smile:

Congrats on the release @Leonion . Bittersweet to see this as the last Perisno release (by you, perhaps?), but completely understandable.
Thanks.
No, not really. Several team members worked on this version. E.g., I never edit scenes, so the new ones are Dark_Hamlet's work and somebody (I don't remember who exactly) also added the ones from the Forge contests.

Why is there no option to disable the AI changes in the latest patch?
There's no reason wandering criminals (120 crossbow prof) should be able to nail my head or feet in 9/10 shots while I move full speed sideways with my shield up. Nor should training peasants be near impossible without turning on autoblock.

Because in 0.9 the horse archers' AI wasn't optimized yet and it was still kind of a test stage.
For the same reason removing PBOD was an option in 0.8: because that AI was too passive and poorly optimized (heavy frequent "stutters" on large BS).

The 0.99 version of the AI, however far from perfect it is, is overall quite intelligent (for all 4 main troop types), aggressive and well-optimized.
It became an essential feature. Except for the difficulty reasons, there are no reasons to disable it.

I don't follow though what peasants have to do with it. The new AI only affects field battles, nothing else.
And we didn't buff those peasants or anything.

Maybe I suddenly got very rusty, but I've never struggled to fight more than 3 villagers in the train peasants quest before, and assumed it was related to whatever made crossbowmen OP.
Not that concerned with horse archer ai (even though it mega buffs elves), but I've found 1 on x combat, especially against any rangers being much harder in the latest update. The vanilla ai is too easily exploitable and desperately needs a buff, but I don't see why "buffing ai" also does the same thing buffing profs would do. Low skilled guys shouldn't be so adept, especially rangers, when they were already the most dangerous enemies in the past versions.

Peasants themselves are the deadliest force in a fair combat scenario, especially in groups. They can hit through each other to reach the player, all with the ability to attack from a different direction. They can also stagger-lock the player occasionally. I wouldn't dare fight them if I can avoid it.

Peasants themselves are the deadliest force in a fair combat scenario, especially in groups. They can hit through each other to reach the player, all with the ability to attack from a different direction. They can also stagger-lock the player occasionally. I wouldn't dare fight them if I can avoid it.
I don't know, maybe I'm just being a whiny noob, but it honestly feels like far more of a struggle than it's ever been to fight peasants.
Speaking of, the description for ironflesh (reduce damage by 3) has to be inaccurate, unless these villagers with wooden staves are hitting me for 70 damage on a bad swing.

reduce damage by 3
3%
Though it's applied via a damage trigger which for some reason wasn't included in the peasant training mission template.

Also, looking at the code, I may have been wrong about not buffing peasants. It seems like now villagers' troops are used for them (to fit the culture of the village) instead of the old universal trp_trainee_peasant and villagers are stronger so they were buffed unintentionally after all. I'll nerf them a bit.

Maybe I suddenly got very rusty, but I've never struggled to fight more than 3 villagers in the train peasants quest before, and assumed it was related to whatever made crossbowmen OP.
Not that concerned with horse archer ai (even though it mega buffs elves), but I've found 1 on x combat, especially against any rangers being much harder in the latest update. The vanilla ai is too easily exploitable and desperately needs a buff, but I don't see why "buffing ai" also does the same thing buffing profs would do. Low skilled guys shouldn't be so adept, especially rangers, when they were already the most dangerous enemies in the past versions.
Focus on 1 person if you get gangbang in a melee fight. and if you fight horse with archer go end map group there use shield they will stuck just use sprint to get there faster.

Back
Top Bottom