People have no manners these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You find yourself alone, behind enemy lines, trapped in a building, with enemies outside waiting to kill you. You see no point in fighting. You decide to surrender, and you know you will be executed, but that is just how it goes. Atleast you will die honorably, firing squad and all that.
You lay your weapons down, raise your arms to the air, expressing your willingness of surrendering. You see a few French soldiers coming from the door into the house, one of them has his sword in his hand, the other has a musket. The one with the sword seems like an officer, your sure to receive a proper execution.
But before you know it, the officer has slashed your head in half, and your dead body falls to the ground.

What happened? Yes indeed, you have encountered one of the "hardcore" gamers. They have no time to execute you, they just want points in order to grow their e-****.

What went wrong? Execution squads used to be proper, and you could see them often. Even a quick execution by pistol would work, if the game is still going on.

We really need to do something about this. Olafson made us a pretty new animation for surrendering, too! But its all wasted, if some morons just ignore this.

Whats your point of view on the matter? Sorry for the rant, but I find this as a, maybe not gamebreaking, but certainly a mood killing problem.

well i dont see the point in surrendering, it ends the same ways, you die, might aswell try to take a few with you, plus you get people fake surrendering, and sometime surrendering draws people away from other potential enemys to arrange firing squads. IMO, just kill erm, if you was able to surrender and save your life it would be a different matter, but you just die anyway, guess its funny to see

any time i see someone surrendering i just avoid them, i don't bothering wasting my time for a mock execution, althou on the day of the event was hoping most of the prussian army were going to surrender just to try out the new feature :razz:

Surrendering does not always prolong the game, actually. 10 players can either play hide and seek for that 1 last player for another 5 min, or he might just surrender and it will all be done in 1 min. Its how you look at it.

And i dont know, there used to be such a thing as Honor in MM, but i guess thats nonexistant lately. I blame all the newcommers to the mod who dont read the forum or anything.

If that was me killing you i'm sorry, i was playing with my regiment following my leaders order and when a guy(don't know if that was you) surrendered i walk slowly infront of him pointing my bajonette, but then my commander said i should kill him because we had no time doing an execution since the enemy was after us and would probably kill us if we would line that guy up, so i stabbed the guy.

I do not accept surrenders from anyone except the last surviving person.
Takes too much time to watch over him, making sure he dosn't backstap, gets rescued.

tbh, there's way too many people surrendering half way through, hoping to be saved by their comrades a little later...

A_Dane said:
I do not accept surrenders from anyone except the last surviving person.
Takes too much time to watch over him, making sure he dosn't backstap, gets rescued.

tbh, there's way too many people surrendering half way through, hoping to be saved by their comrades a little later...

Yep, most of the time you'll end up stabbed in the back by some random guy while executing someone.

I love surrenders and will play them through, whats a problem though, is when someone surrenders in the middle of a fight. And you dont really have time.. your busy shooting everyone else. It causes problems to keep an eye on them, and your forced to shoot them.

In the middle of a battle when Im taking fire from enemy rifleman, Im going to shoot the Redcoat infront of me, unarmed and begging for mercy or not.

Generally at the end of the battle if theres a prisoner Ill usually wait for a couple of guys to line up, and most of the time the prisoner suddenly pulls out a pistol/picks up a sword/musket/rifle/Roundhouse kick and kills the execution squad who were busy reloading or waiting for an order.

This is then followed by the entire team of the prisoner shouting 'LOL PWNED NOOBS'

Cant seem to win, shoot the prisoner and get whined at, or spare the prisoner and get killed and humiliated, Id rather shoot the barstard, myself.

Just because you want to roleplay doesn't mean the rest of us want to. If you piss about and surrender then thats an extra minute all the dead folk have to wait before they can play again, (and if you were unlucky enough to die at the start of the round then that is a long time to have to wait.)

I shoot or bayonet people like yourself on the spot and if you complain I say I was roleplaying how that situation really would have gone down pre Geneva Convention days. :smile:

Well considering the time and effort that has gone into making this mod I think it is a shame if people can't make the effort to respect the conventions of the mod and try and play it in the spirit it is intended to be played in. I can see how someone surrendering during the middle of a battle is inappropriate, and I would certainly expect anyone who does so to honour that decision (in other words they shouldn't try to pick up a weapon and get back into the fight, since we have no way of tying someone up or imprisoning them while the battle goes on). Surrendering at the end though seems reasonable, and I think people should respect such action as being part of the mod they have chosen to play.

EDIT: I see from looking at the stickied rules thread again that prisoners are allowed to attempt to rejoin a battle.

HarbingerOfDoom said:
imo surrendering just prolongs the battle. And some idiots surrender whilst in combat and then complain they get killed.

^This.

It's quite frustrating to see people surrender when they still have more people on their team still alive. You can atleast try and take out 1 or 2 to help out the rest of your team, you never know, you might even kill them! Surrendering is fun and all, and a giggle or two, but doing so mid battle is just plain stupid. I'm not sure why people do it, it's almost like they -want- to surrender before they even begin to fight, maybe for attention or just to go, "OK GUYS I SURRENDER, FIRING SQUAD FOR ME NOW" in chat.

It's peoples choice to decide if they take prisoners or not, I myself, will simply not take a prisoner mid-battle, if he relinquishes his weapon then the most of an execution they will get is a musket ball to the face. However, if its 10v1 and the other guy surrenders, ofcourse I will let a firing squad because the rounds already over, and hey, why not. It just really annoys me where people will whine and cry how they didn't get a firing squad, and QQ in chat about it. It just brings a downer on the server. It's peoples choice, not yours. If your willing to throw down your weapon, then you don't have any decision in the matter of what the enemy does.

The mod has no conventions, it is a mod. You are referring the the chosen rule set of the server you choose to play on. What those rules are, are left up to the server's hosts. Take note that unless there is an event it looks like any other free fr all server from M&B. I like the feature, but definitely, in the midst of a battle it is senseless to expect a ceremony.

During the middle of the battle it is your own choice, but at the end of the battle with one Guy against impossible odds, when he surrenders Then give him his firing squad.

Spoiling The firing squad by shooting him from long range or charging in and killing him Will result in admin punishment.

Vincenzo said:
During THE midle of the battle it is your own choice, but at THE end of the battle with one Guy against imposSible odds, whEn he surrenders Then give him his firing squad.

Spoiling The firing squad by shooting him from long range or charging in and killing him Will result in admin punnishment.

That sucks, but rules are rules I suppose. Good job I never survive to the end of the round then I guess. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom