Peace system

Do you like the peace system?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So I got to ask others.

Am I doing something wrong or is it designed to be like this.

I never get peace at all.
Ok, I can if I got alot more of the "voteing currency"(influence" than the others, and thus I can tank it just keep on pushing votes for peace, until they dont have more influence and my vote for peace goes through.

I only get peace with a faction if another declares war on us, or we or another.
So basically we're locked in eternal warfare.

Am I the only one suffering from this? As in for me this just tanks the fun out of the game.
Atleast in Warband you'd have some small periods of peace, and since they had to have "just cause to declare war" which was also a low rng chance, it could take some time.

My beef isnt per se that "ok" its by design that its how its supposed to be kind of, as much as the AI on the faction I'm with seem to be really moronic vs the AI of opposing factions(read they arent this bunch of idiots if I dont join any factions though).
Then war seem to unfold as I would imagine it should.

But yah the morons cant defend or react to slowly to do so, so any progress is washed away.
Then you have the issue that it seems the AI is more hellbrent on not paying tribute(unless they are at war with us and a 2nd enemy then boom the peace offer comes fairly quickly).

I know that the game I did test with console commands and killed of Mercs the game unfolded much better, with us being able to get peace an tribute instead.

Now after each big battle they just hire more and more merc-companies.

The aI should have to pay to the AI mercs a heavy sum, so they should consider going for peace instead, or a cap on how many merc companies they can employ.

I mean we fight Battania they hire 10 companies.
Then Vlandia declare war on them, they offer peace to us.
Then there is war Vlandia on us, thye go for peace with Battania in 2-3 days.
We have a big fight, they hire 2 merc companies.
we have another and they hire 1 more, and here we are on day 100 again with 10 companies in their employ.

So can any one "tell me" what I'm doing wrong?

Yes I'm very much on the ball and are in the thick of it constant, I do have the dmg set to be 75% to my troops(or what normal is now). but 50% to myself(as I just feel the AI seems to target the player excessively vs other targets).
So yes my troops take less dmg etc, but lets face it "not everyone wants to play hardmode-ironman either".

This shoudlnt though have such an impact, I think regardless that they just wont go for peace unless a 2nd declares war.

I'm just "fed up" with the lack of any downtime in the game(and I know that I should prolly be playing with mods that gives more of that, but I dont want to play with mods until the game is retail).

I cant imagine I'm alone with this experience and thinking its really tanking the fun out of the game.

Sure I can opt out of the fighting, but any or all progress is gone shortly, too fast vs how long it took to get it.

I'd like if anyone "get it" or what I'm doing wrong that makes me be in this endless cycle of war, to give me hints on what I should could do?.

I've given lords money, so they can have more troops in castles, I've done the opposite as in not giveing them.
I've donated troops, not donated, dont seem to have an impact.

I'm currently having problems . As a Sturgian Lord, I wanted peace with Khuzait , they were even willing to pay almost 2,000 per day BUT all my fellow lords said NO ! It is not like we were destroying the Khuzaits , in fact they were winning major battles .. and Sturgian Armies seem to be targeting far off castles - deep in enemy terrain .. AI Stupidity ..

Is the AI intentionally trying to be difficult ... DUMB ? I'm playing on "Realistic" difficulty so shouldn't be.

Help

I'm currently having problems . As a Sturgian Lord, I wanted peace with Khuzait , they were even willing to pay almost 2,000 per day BUT all my fellow lords said NO ! It is not like we were destroying the Khuzaits , in fact they were winning major battles .. and Sturgian Armies seem to be targeting far off castles - deep in enemy terrain .. AI Stupidity ..

Is the AI intentionally trying to be difficult ... DUMB ? I'm playing on "Realistic" difficulty so shouldn't be.

Help

Basically the same as with me, however we where winning most of the battles though.
But lost 2 armies when they tried to siege stuff, but we beat them in open terrain and when they tried to siege us(more times).

The tribute they was willing to offer was 4k.
There was 29% intrest in peace though, but as you know if you put it to vote, and then even spent full 100 influence, it would matter, as those other no votes would spend 100 aswell etc.

Naturally the NE declared war on Khuzait, and boom now it was 96% intrest in peace, and the tribute was 4,8k.

The problem with this though, is that before the released lords of Khuzait are back, and gathered some troops, NE have already sieged and taken 1 castle(back mind you, Epinosa that Khuzait had conqured in a previous war).

But from then on it was alot of "khuzait lord captured" in the information.

Ideally the realms should want peace much sooner, so they arent that vunerable to a 2nd faction declaring war, as they will typically loose 1-2 fiefs before they can muster any real defense.

Thats my biggest grief with the peace system, wars "last to long" when one side is being dominated hard, they should be more "desperate" to want peace, that would also slow down, some snowballing effect specially with the faction the player is with.

I mean isnt the point of the children/legacy that they should have something to conquer aswell.
At this rate while its slowed down now vs how it was, its still not "slow enough" once the ball really start to get momentum.

And that the factions wants to be at war this prolonged also hurts them, since they come to a state of "no-bouncing back" more or less
(atleast thats what typically happends to Khuzait atleast in my plays(even if we generally arent that much at war with them, but when we are, we take some, but then then the others pounce on them like a wounded sebra on the savannah..)

Basically the same as with me, however we where winning most of the battles though.
But lost 2 armies when they tried to siege stuff, but we beat them in open terrain and when they tried to siege us(more times).

The tribute they was willing to offer was 4k.
There was 29% intrest in peace though, but as you know if you put it to vote, and then even spent full 100 influence, it would matter, as those other no votes would spend 100 aswell etc.

Naturally the NE declared war on Khuzait, and boom now it was 96% intrest in peace, and the tribute was 4,8k.

The problem with this though, is that before the released lords of Khuzait are back, and gathered some troops, NE have already sieged and taken 1 castle(back mind you, Epinosa that Khuzait had conqured in a previous war).

But from then on it was alot of "khuzait lord captured" in the information.

Ideally the realms should want peace much sooner, so they arent that vunerable to a 2nd faction declaring war, as they will typically loose 1-2 fiefs before they can muster any real defense.

Thats my biggest grief with the peace system, wars "last to long" when one side is being dominated hard, they should be more "desperate" to want peace, that would also slow down, some snowballing effect specially with the faction the player is with.

I mean isnt the point of the children/legacy that they should have something to conquer aswell.
At this rate while its slowed down now vs how it was, its still not "slow enough" once the ball really start to get momentum.

And that the factions wants to be at war this prolonged also hurts them, since they come to a state of "no-bouncing back" more or less
(atleast thats what typically happends to Khuzait atleast in my plays(even if we generally arent that much at war with them, but when we are, we take some, but then then the others pounce on them like a wounded sebra on the savannah..)
Yes, they should increase the truce period up to 5 or 10 years, like the Paradox Games, to give the childs an chance to grow up before conquering all of Calradia.

And they should offer an option to remove the mercenary clans from the game, they have no value for the game.

I wish sometimes I would at least understand the tribute that's going to be paid. I'm a vassal for the Western Empire and we're demolishing the Vlandians. I myself ground two large armies to dust while defending Sargot, we have 13 prisoners they have non, we're stronger, better and probably better-looking as well. Yet the game says we would have to pay tribute after a peace treaty? What?

Additionally I would love a bit more varied approach than peace on or off. I haven't tried talking to an individual lord about making peace, but the stronger side being able to offer peace i.e. "Give us xx and we'll stop ripping you a new one" would be cooler then just starting a vote. But seriously, first of all the warscore needs to make sense.

I wish sometimes I would at least understand the tribute that's going to be paid. I'm a vassal for the Western Empire and we're demolishing the Vlandians. I myself ground two large armies to dust while defending Sargot, we have 13 prisoners they have non, we're stronger, better and probably better-looking as well. Yet the game says we would have to pay tribute after a peace treaty? What?

Additionally I would love a bit more varied approach than peace on or off. I haven't tried talking to an individual lord about making peace, but the stronger side being able to offer peace i.e. "Give us xx and we'll stop ripping you a new one" would be cooler then just starting a vote. But seriously, first of all the warscore needs to make sense.

Abit more transparcies onto what/how makes the kingdomes want or not want peace.
Or if such a thing already exist, feel free to direct me to the information.

I still maintain that the Merc-companies cause way more problems than they should, and that it ends up in a state where factions cant bounce back.

I think the game put to much emphasis on how many lords that can command armies, but not how many is actually able to do so.

Example when you fight war vs ai, and they have 10 of the merccompanies employed which means that they can field 40 more lords than normal.
The problem is that 20-30 of them ends up in dungeons quickly, or they field to small parties to do that "much harm" read yes ok so they act like pestlords and raid alot, but are often dealt with before they can pillage it fully.

For me typically I only get peace when another faction declare war on either, and I dont think that is a good mechanics as it leads to chain-wars, with no downtime(which isnt that fun imo).

Note that in the game I started since the last patch, its actually been much easier to get peace, so I'm not sure they have implemented some of the feedback, but its "takes too much effort" still.

Example at start of war with Vlandia both sides where even(read Vlandia was bigger).

However as war went on ->
9k of theirs we had killed and 5k of ours they had.
44 lords of theirs in dungeons 0 of ours in theirs.
2 sucessful raids by us, 0 by them.

Yet 0% peace intrest, they where willing to offer 2000 on the screen.
The key difference was that they had 7 merc companies employed, and we had 2..
Too much emphasis on total amount of lords, and not accounting for those in dungeons, when the difference is that big, its not "a fun mechanics" imo.

When did we get peace you ask? soon as Aserai declared war on Vlandia, they offered peace for 4k..

Note that after this we did have alot of peace, so I could do stuff, I wanted to do, clear out hideouts near the kingdomes towns, do other quest, help out cities from famine etc.(need to redo the Varnapol attached city of Borchasomething, as the travel time for those villages(if they survive the looters) is like 2-3 days for the slowmo villagers, while most villages is less than 1 day.
Same for those villages attached to Neveyansk that always go to Revyl cause its "closer" instead of Varcheg(which is in real travel time almost 50% of the journey).

So no doubt 1.70 is getting it better, but there should be some mechanics in play that could force the player to get easier peace if they wanted.

That said for the first time I can remember we where at peace, and a lord proposed war on Vlandia, only 30% wanted the war.. 70% voted no.
That was "shocking" (which imo it shouldnt be)

No doubt as you suggest abit more "diplomacy" would be great.
And that the tribute isnt ongoing endless, it should be time capped, so the AI wont be forced to go to war when they see "they pay too much" relative speaking due to the powershift between you(you are at war with 2 other, so they dont feel it right to pay that much tribute to keep peace thus declare war).

Like an option they could go for is to have the player "pay the tribute" if they are tired of "endless wars that dont go anywhere", say the peace is upped to 30 day instead of 20 day minimum, and you would pay 1k pr day at the very minimum and higher.
At 1k it would mean overall 30k which should be peanuts for most players.
(Then again alot of this stuff is already in place by mods, which I'm tracking not playing during EA)

Back
Top Bottom