SP - General Patrols

Users who are viewing this thread

aBigHunkOLove

You should be able to command one of your companions to patrol with some of your soldiers around one of your fiefs to get rid of looters/bandits.

The one really BIG gripe for me in Warband were the lack of patrols. Both to keep bandit-levels down and to scare off enemy lords with small armies. This needs to be a feature in Bannerlord! To explain: I have this weird fetish for perfect armies, numbers and making my stuff the BEST i can, ingame. Troop types should be in 10`s (20,30,50) and i want all my villages to feel that i am a good lord who tries to treat them fairly and that going to the town-market in MY lands, is as safe as possible.

The game is already great for me. But immediately when i have 1-2 castles, maybe a city. IMMEDIATELY, the game becomes far more annoying. Simply because i can not defend my villages. My clan parties dont do ****. They prance along into other areas of the map, doing their own thing. And even if they were around my lands, they eff off into any army going to war. So when i am out trying to conquer new castles, with about an even break on my economy (workshops and caravan keeping me even), suddenly im losing 3K a day because the enemy raided my villages instead of defending their own fiefs!

It breaks alot of the fun because i really enjoy developing my lands. I love seeing that 3-4-7K from towns. But it constantly forces me to run around doing boring cat-and-mouse with these ****head AI lords. And killing them makes no difference, it just makes everyone hate me. Even my own ally lords/vassals! If the enemy made a proper "invasion" with raids leading to a siege, i am ok with that. Like, if an army prepared to siege my holdings and were raiding their way toward my city. Thats fine. But the constant wearing down of my economy by grinding down the prosperity and creating food shortages is not fun. It is a GREAT mechanic. I like the idea. On paper. But something here needs fixing. And the easiest fix? Patrols.

Allow me patrols based off of size. Castle = one patrol, Town= three. So if i hold a town and 2-3 villages adjacent to that town, i could make 2 cav patrols for bandits and one around 100 men, to chase off the lords with less than 100 troops. Apart from boats and boat travel it is my only big gripe. It makes the game 10x more boring.

Yes please. I'd be okay with a "guard party" that would come out at close range of castles and towns to defend the peasants too.
It's kind of silly to have 100s of armed men just chilling while 1 person (and their party) do ALL of the crime fighting and security of the entire world.

Back
Top Bottom