Patrol Units to level up ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Is there a way to make the patrol units level up ? Since when they fight now, they stay at exactly the same level they were before. I thought that the enemy lords' armies levelled up when they won battles, so I don't know how hard it would be to mod this, but it would make it more real if your regiments would also level up when/after fighting.

I was also going to ask something like this.. I have read a lot of the stickies and have not seen anything on this.  But they are long as hell.. Someone really should pull all the useful newb info together.  No one is going to read 50 pages of post about random stuff.. it really is random.. the troop one talks about cloaks for 2 pages.. Why do I need to read that? Crazyness.. Anyways..

Like the guy above me said.. How do you get around leveling up these troops.. They at the very least should get EXP so you CAN choose to level them up.

o yeah.. another thing.. I think if you could turn off or on auto upgrades for your patrol troops or what not it would go a long long way in beating the invasion.

bleach3825 said:
I was also going to ask something like this.. I have read a lot of the stickies and have not seen anything on this.  But they are long as hell.. Someone really should pull all the useful newb info together.  No one is going to read 50 pages of post about random stuff.. it really is random.. the troop one talks about cloaks for 2 pages.. Why do I need to read that? Crazyness.. Anyways..

Like the guy above me said.. How do you get around leveling up these troops.. They at the very least should get EXP so you CAN choose to level them up.

This idea has never been implemented in M&Bs core which is why you're left with no answer to how your troops can automatically be levelled up.

So, to respond, no there is no current way to have troops in a patrol (or lord's party) level up.  The computer levels up lord parties in completely different manners (not via battles but via increments).

What I suggest you do is to keep all lower level troops in your direct group and only put troops you don't like (bandits, etc.) and top tier troops in your patrols.  What this means is that they will heal slower AND cost more, however since you can't level them up its better to leave them in a patrol and give levelling up opportunities to units within your direct capacity.

FS

Sorry to bump some old bones, but that case is curious to me.

Did someone since the last post tried to find a workaround of a sort?

In addition,
" The computer levels up lord parties in completely different manners (not via battles but via increments)."
Can someone please elaborate?

Thanks in advance.

lords have a party that consist of units in a pre-set mix of high and low tier units, so the units 'level up' through getting bigger armies, not through fighting or trainer skill. Recruits will remain recruits, you won't find a lord with top tier units only. Exception is if the lord has a set number of high tier body guards. I remember at least once that I beat someone, the Nord king in this case, only to have him show up a few moments later again with a pretty big bodyguard of only huscarls.

Sounds familiar when I think about it, and now it makes more sense.
I'm trying to think if there is any point, even by scripting to cause these guys to recruit \ lvl units like the player but I can't really think of no solid reason.

Is there a difference in the recruitment proccess \ system \ formula in easy and hard difficulties?

Additionally,
When you say pre-set mix of tier units, do you mean "specific" units, or "random from that tier"?
I'm wondering case a tier is wide to consist 3-4 units, is the recruitment apply to the tier or to X amount of knights, X men at arms etc.

First I want to mention that it's possible for a mod or just in the game to have a lord use mostly from the best units, to make for example a mostly knight/mounted army. The original way (I miss Zendar) was to have a lot of low soldiers, fewer of their promotion and fewer of the next etc. I also wonder if you might misunderstand the 'tier'. A lord usually has only 1, max 2 tier 1 units: recruits, any promotion is a higher tier. If there are multiple prootion path, distribution of forces is equally spread through both. As many swadian sargeants as knights, for example. I think it is SoD special (not vanilla) that some promotions move directly to units that are much better, sort of skipping a tier.

This all is my guesstimate, no hard numbers or science, understanding of the game or anything. It doesn't take into account any special programming for specific lords (currently playing a mod that has 3 types of lords: infantry, cavalry or mixed, cavalry lords have about half the amount of units as mixed, infantry lords have a bit more) or 'bodyguard' units.

It's been a while sine I played around with the difficulty settings, but iirc there wasn't a hard or easy setting for it. The difficulty was in units actually fighting better, aiming being harder etc. I remember laughing at peasants with spears, untill I raised the AI and they started timing things better and consistently step aside from my lance charge and proceed to stab my horse out from under me. It's a constant dilemma. Get a great lance for the huge reach so my horse doesn't get stabbed in the face, or get a glaive or similar so I have a good weapon in hand already when my horse inevitably gets stabbed to death. Or keep my distance and shoot arrows.

Back
Top Bottom