Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

We would like to have a look at the clan and kingdom lifecycle in the future once more pressing issues have been addressed. That would ideally improve this aspect as well.
good enough for me. i hope all the cheats are removed.

On a side not - Warbands lords did have scripted help as well and I don't think it's inherently bad. It just needs to be balanced to provide an enjoyable experience
warband didn't have the level of simulation that bannerlord has. this is one of the big selling points for bannerlord. for me, it seems such a waste to balance it with AI cheats.

but if taleworlds must balance it with cheats, i'd like to have the other unimplemented warband features.

Wait, what? So that's why all those factions with no signle fief are able to hire ALL THE MERCENARY CLANS IN CALRADIA AT ONCE from time to time... What is the reason behind it? So they may run around, burn villages and annoy you while you're busy with the war against other poweful factions?

It's not enough that they don't get destroyed once they lose all the fiefs, so you decided to give them almost half a million out of the blue??
Any kingdom under 2m budget wallet gets a minimum of 1k a day. So really poor clans get 99k for 99 days and 150k for 1 lottery day in average. Making it 2490 gold a day in average.
Poor clans get 199k for 199 days and 150k for 1 lottery day in average. Making it 1745 gold a day in average.
Other than that it seems correct.
I don't like that there is a lottery logic but I am guessing it was implemented this way to prevent only some clans getting paid from the wallet. If kingdoms got 2.5k fixed daily, first clans in the list will get paid always while others would almost never get paid.
Also this provides periods of strong budget so they get a chance to recover while fixed payment would always be barely enough. So yeah, it kinda makes sense there is a lottery logic.

Would it be technically possible to make lords spawn in their own city or castle and take troops from their garrison when they respawn?

Or is that how it works today already?
they respawn near their territory but inside fiefs. they get 10-15 troops so they don't get ganged on by bandits and forever respawn and repeat the cycle.
i think they weren't made to respawn inside a fief so when they run out of fiefs, they don't just get instantly captured.
it was so long ago that i might be wrong though.

good enough for me. i hope all the cheats are removed.

warband didn't have the level of simulation that bannerlord has. this is one of the big selling points for bannerlord. for me, it seems such a waste to balance it with AI cheats.

but if taleworlds must balance it with cheats, i'd like to have the other unimplemented warband features.

I am ok with the AI getting some cheats. The AI has not access to a lot of income sources which provide an insane amount of money for the player.

The AI has not access to a lot of income sources
trade, smithing, enterprises and caravans?
idk if they buffed caravans and enterprises but they were pretty low and wasn't the plan for lords to own enterprises?
trade you can't do it once you join a kingdom because of the threat of war.
smithing doesn't make sense for a lord to take part in.
imo, ideally, income should be rebalanced to be mainly from fiefs taxes. and raiding and ransoms should give a boost in war time.
this way, poor lords can raid to replenish their coffers instead of getting money out of thin air.
raiding especially needs a big buff.

Player kingdom gets that money too. It is not just AI. Only difference is player clan neither pays nor receives from that hidden budget. Clans in your kingdom will get that money.
i still don't like it.
i don mind things going against the player if they come up organically as the result of the simulation.
this was the biggest bannerlord draw for me.
taleworlds were supposed to cut down on their existing AI cheats. not add to them.

I don´t care if the AI cheats if TW will at least "destroy" factions without fiefs....but yea, there is a mod for this of course...so it seems to be very easy, but TheVisionTM....

trade, smithing, enterprises and caravans?
idk if they buffed caravans and enterprises but they were pretty low and wasn't the plan for lords to own enterprises?
trade you can't do it once you join a kingdom because of the threat of war.
smithing doesn't make sense for a lord to take part in.
imo, ideally, income should be rebalanced to be mainly from fiefs taxes. and raiding and ransoms should give a boost in war time.
this way, poor lords can raid to replenish their coffers instead of getting money out of thin air.
raiding especially needs a big buff.

- Caravans
- Workshops
- Smithing
- Manual trading
- One extra party, the player is able to deploy 4 parties while the AI only 3.
- The time gets stopped when the player fights a battle, which means your enemies are not going to receive reirforcements ever. This translates in ghe player having much easier time to pick battles and win, which translate in much more money.
- The player is able to leave an army if you think you are going to lose a battle.
- The player is able to build much better governors for settlements than the AI.
- The player is able to farm quests.
- Etc….

Well, I'd assume the 25th October release will come with some sort of patch

If the devs said it's not even close to be being done, there's no way the next major patch is coming October. I suspect that release patch is not going be a number change in patches, but a minor one.

this is from Duh

Moving beta to live is disconnected from releasing a new beta. You should not expect a new beta for some time still.

this is from Duh

Moving beta to live is disconnected from releasing a new beta. You should not expect a new beta for some time still.
If I remember correctly that was from like a month ago, I believe a month is "some time" hehe
We will probably receive a beta patch before release, which will probably be the release patch. Though this is all me rumoring because I want to play the next patch lol

they respawn near their territory but inside fiefs. they get 10-15 troops so they don't get ganged on by bandits and forever respawn and repeat the cycle.
i think they weren't made to respawn inside a fief so when they run out of fiefs, they don't just get instantly captured.
They SHOULD be instantly captured when they run out of fiefs though lol.
IIRC warband lords did not have to actually run around to field an army again but rather had certain template of troops they respawned with. Naturally, they would still recruit after. So this is a good example of ai cheats being fine - at least for you - as they and the transition to more organic behavior hit a balance spot that you felt good about. Bannerlord, in principle, acts similarly (probably smaller initial template, but larger troop pools to restock with from garrison etc) but can ofc be balanced more.
Yes it CAN be balanced but 🕗 tik tok tik tok🕗, when will you start? Most updates have just made the AI field armies easier and faster and avoided any repercussions from it being bad. Every single day somebody askes "I just made my faction and I have to beat the same armies every day and repeat the same siege and siege back cycle forever what do I do? this sucks!" and I have to tell them you have to make a near full ranged party and just obliterate them with no mercy every day, abuse retreats as needed and then siege and do "x y z" underhanded tactics to preserve your troops and do this forever, making a clan every 500 influence (if you can find a wanderer, good luck in 1.:cool: until you overtly overpower them. But guess what: Players don't like being told you must do X Y Z and A B C to progress, they want to just use whatever troops they wanted to use, win a battle and be able to make progress!

And I must repeat myself, having some parties always free roaming in every faction doing quests would make the game feel less mechanical and be a big improvement. I just can't overstate it, even if other things are balanced, the lordsneed to do more things in the world.

Every single day somebody askes "I just made my faction and I have to beat the same armies every day and repeat the same siege and siege back cycle forever what do I do? this sucks!" and I have to tell them you have to make a near full ranged party and just obliterate them with no mercy every day, abuse retreats as needed and then siege and do "x y z" underhanded tactics to preserve your troops and do this forever, making a clan every 500 influence (if you can find a wanderer, good luck in 1.:cool: until you overtly overpower them. But guess what: Players don't like being told you must do X Y Z and A B C to progress, they want to just use whatever troops they wanted to use, win a battle and be able to make progress!
+1
The way to get through the game shouldn't be by exploiting the broken parts.
the lordsneed
sneed :fruity:

Back
Top Bottom