Patch 1.4.1 Save game get corrupted when saving during a siege.

Users who are viewing this thread

AS the title says I've noticed my save games going corrupt when sieging castles (didnt test towns yet). After you start the siege if you saved the game and try reloading then the game crashes and you need to load to a prior save, becayse your last save just got corrupted.

This seems to be the cast since last beta patch.

Are you running mods? I havent had save related issues in 141, yet. Of course, I just started running mods again around day 700 of the playthrough, so it's a matter of time.

Are you running mods? I havent had save related issues in 141, yet. Of course, I just started running mods again around day 700 of the playthrough, so it's a matter of time.

No I did use a few times character export but that mod is disabled now. I'm just curious can u just go and besiege a castle. save during the siege and try reload it.

No I did use a few times character export but that mod is disabled now. I'm just curious can u just go and besiege a castle. save during the siege and try reload it.
Yes, I regularly save scum sieges given the EA nature of the game, especially in 141 when i'm probably gonna have to fight off at least one enemy doomstack before I get a change to lead the assault. I haven't had any problems reloading that save. Depending on what you changed with the character export maybe that could have something to do with it, but seems unlikely.

Have you validated files? Is it a particular castle/town that maybe has a wierd issue? Are you in an army, if so are you leading or being led?

Verified files (I always verify after patches, there always seems to be some files missing)Currently got no mods, its in all fiefs.. if I save during the siege menu and reload its CTD. I haven't tested whether it happens when im solo.

Hmmm, if it's no different sieging on your own, best bet is uninstall, delete all files steam leaves behind, reinstall, start new game. That's the only surefire way to get things running again when I get hit by game breaking bugs like that.
Frustrating, but part of the EA process. Also, check the size of your save files. Someone was telling me in another thread that that's an easy way to see if a save is still viable. If your crashing saves are abnormally large, they're toast.
You could back up your last known good save and try to load it after the full fresh install, no guarantees it'll help, havent tried that myself.

Back
Top Bottom