Patch 1.125 - feedback and suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Rad said:
All the time while I am playing this game I am surprised how efficient I am while fighting from horse back and how poor and impossible I am when I dismount from horse and fight afoot. As though it wasn't me but someone else. I always thought when some knight was great fighter he had to be deadly for his enemies in any situation. But here as though this great knight would always transformed into some recruit or squire immediately after dismounting his horse.

And the same situation is when I will take the same army of enemy and I will fight with it at battlefield. I can beat even superiority of Nords  5 : 1 but If I will take the same army and I will fight against it while conquering castle I will fail completely. I often fail even when I have superiority of soldiers above them and even if they wouldn't have any shooters, only if our armies would fence at bulwarks face to face. It seems to me something is wrong here. It couldn't work this way in reality because good soldier is always good soldier either at battlefields or in the course of sieging anything and his armor should protect always similarly in various situations. But in this game it works completely differently. Anyway I am glad I can win at least somewhere quite comfortably. :???:

And all factions should be generally approximately strong the same way although some troops were always more powerful than of enemy and on the contrary another troops were weaker. But here all  complete factions are more powerful than another ones. I wouldn't want start some detailed discussions about it but I think Rhodocks are the most powerful and Khergits are the weakest factions here.  :???:

Knights often use '1.5h weapons', which are inferior in direct melee (bastard sword/morning star) when used with a shield, but aren't half bad when used intelligently by the player. Knights also have 0 athletics, making them considerably worse in their dismounted melee aspects. If that wasn't enough, crazed Nords have amazing power strike and a decent selection of swords and axes, which combine decent damage with decent speed. Nords also have very durable shields, which already grant them half the victory against enemy troops, be it melee fight or missile barrage.

As for Khergits in SP, it is quite intersting to notice that they are just too weak on the higest difficulty levels. I mean, do anyone esle feel that it is nearly impossible to siege a caslte or a town when you face like a 30-60 Huscarl wall at the top of the ladder while your mass Lancer army get slaughtered so fast. Some people would say "hey use Huscarls yourself or other units from other factions"... but fact is i want to play Khergits only, and I'm not supposed to loose all my somewhat costly lancers (~30 denars per unit) so fast.

Even on open field, where they shine more, they still struggle to defeat other armies, I won't mention here what other players reported before about Horse archers and the possible accuarcy issue. Lancers are good to very good units but it feels that there's still something wrong. The same goes for HA. Perhaps would they both need Heavy Coursers instead of regular ones to stay a bit longer mounted ? or a slight stats buff ?

Do you know what I mean ? I just think that the higher difficulty level you choose the poorer Khergits are. They need some balance versus other full top tier armies as we have in the current iteration of the game. I suppose they'd need some love. In SP they have a hard time while in MP they shine a lot.

I'm disappointed a patch wasn't released this week to fix the polearms bug.    :sad:

I've been playing Warband nearly everyday since it came out, but I'm finally starting to put it back down in favor of an older game.

I find a huge gameplay issue of balancing. 

The computer, after a week or two automatically upgrades to all top tier troops.  1 is, if they don't battle how do their troop upgrades, just pay for it or for free?How do they even pay for all top tier troops. 

Its impossible to seige their castle with all 300 top tier troops.  Not to mention the lords with top tier troops. 
The Ai doesn't have to pay for top tier troops weekly or something, because if they do, with their castle, or town, its undoable. Not to mention the tax inefficency, the game is once again made so that players can run around forever, no end in sight.  When will this game be balance so that AI doesn't cheat, they have to earn money just like a single player, they can't cheat.  They have to pay for their troops.  What happen when money runs out?nothing...troops should desert. 

I find the new patch to be unbalanced.  Ai having the best of money, troops, the two most important thing in the game. 

F-Boisier said:
I just think that the higher difficulty level you choose the poorer Khergits are. They need some balance versus other full top tier armies as we have in the current iteration of the game. I suppose they'd need some love. In SP they have a hard time while in MP they shine a lot.

Yes, the Khergit faction needs a rework. One problem is the loss of their skirmishing AI; archers should not be using their melee weapons by default! The bigger problem is their troop composition. Logically, they should end up at the top end with something like two light (skirmishers/archers) and two heavy (lancers/nobles) cavalry types in order to widen their possible skill and equipment set. Why are there archers without bows? Separate them out with better throwing skill. Why are there no real elite (high level) units? Surely some would be rich and successful enough to have a wider variety of good equipment like horse armor or a heavy saber.

The changes to turn limits and sweetspots have really altered infantry combat for the worse. A good 1/3 of my stikes to someone just make a "pfft" noise and do nothing now, not even interrupting my opponents attack.

ironpants said:
F-Boisier said:
I just think that the higher difficulty level you choose the poorer Khergits are. They need some balance versus other full top tier armies as we have in the current iteration of the game. I suppose they'd need some love. In SP they have a hard time while in MP they shine a lot.
Yes, the Khergit faction needs a rework. One problem is the loss of their skirmishing AI; archers should not be using their melee weapons by default! The bigger problem is their troop composition. Logically, they should end up at the top end with something like two light (skirmishers/archers) and two heavy (lancers/nobles) cavalry types in order to widen their possible skill and equipment set. Why are there archers without bows? Separate them out with better throwing skill. Why are there no real elite (high level) units? Surely some would be rich and successful enough to have a wider variety of good equipment like horse armor or a heavy saber.

Agreed. I have no idea what happened, but since the patch, everyone is running around with top tiers and my steamrolling no longer works - except against Nords in open field. One mamluke during a battle managed to lure 7 or so of my lancers away from the main fight and somehow kill/dehorse 4 of them while I was chasing him down to free up my men. His horse just won't go down, lancers though with coursers... pffft.

The skirmishing AI still gets stuck at the edges of the map too. Khergit Lancers still use their bows instead of lances sometimes, Khergit Horse Archers sometimes don't even have a bow, and too many times play hero charging in alone against a dense formation of infantry. For the most part, the AI is the culprit, but it's going to take too long for them to rework the AI system.

My opinion -> unless skirmish AI can be fixed, lower the rate of enemies with top tiers, but if all other options fail, go heavy!

Now if Khergit faction is based on strictly nomadic steppe people. Heavy cavalry armored down to the horse became quite common since 13th century thanks to influence from sedentary cultures, first lamellar then other materials.

Heck even the Vaegir faction seems more like the historical Kipchak Khanate (or in Western texts -> "Golden Horde") then the Khergit Khanate. Kipchak Khanate weaponry and armor ->
gorelikaltynorda11ml6.jpg

gorelikaltynorda10ws3.jpg

altynordagorelik14pr8.jpg

Prior to the establishment of the Khanate however, much more unique style. But also well-armored.
crusaders10kt8.jpg

Also notice the hooked lance? I want that ingame too!  :mrgreen:
097kqpb8.jpg

Add new troop-types, and we're back in business.

... and yeah, not to mention my Khergit Elite Armor looks so horrid in my eyes with the rest of my gear I've ended up having to mod the game myself to save my eyesight!  :roll:

Lowering the price of Khergit units could also fit their real usefulness. Lancers and Vet Horse archers cost too much for what theyr provide vs top tier units which we face everywhere in this patch on high difficulty.

Rad said:
And I would have some suggestions for devs and game for future.

2. For using and spending hero's bigger or even big money I would add into game some powerful and greatly decorated weapons and armors and several great and even by plates armored expensive horses.

17. I would exchange moon at the sky in night battles. There is so many great and detailed photos of moon everywhere now because of Hubble telescope and in game still persists this awful white something.  :wink:

Love it :cool:
Maybe some new 2H Sword of War like this
3hnds.jpeg

100_0982.JPG

2.jpg

Bellicosity said:
WTF? Upgrade a sea raider to Nord Recuit? And it does upgrade them to that too. I saved and tried it.

mb1jg.jpg

Yeah, that's stupid. Paying 80d to upgrade a fine Sea Raider into a frickin' recruit. Sea Raiders shouldn't upgrade at all. Taiga/tundra/forest etc bandits can also be upgraded to vaegir/swadian etc recruits

Sir Gallant said:
Bellicosity said:
WTF? Upgrade a sea raider to Nord Recuit? And it does upgrade them to that too. I saved and tried it.

mb1jg.jpg

Yeah, that's stupid. Paying 80d to upgrade a fine Sea Raider into a frickin' recruit. Sea Raiders shouldn't upgrade at all. Taiga/tundra/forest etc bandits can also be upgraded to vaegir/swadian etc recruits

...thats rediculas.

I'd probably Kiss  them if they returned the "Unlimited Corpses" Option, I haven't played the game since the update, cause 150 corpses is just Not Enough...

the game lacks one of it's main components...

If you're having trouble with AI lords having too many top tier units, lower the Campaign AI to normal.  You will still need to beat the lords that have top tier units (or let them weaken each other), but on normal they only have a few elite units in their armies.

Hello everyone!

I have two questions :

1) As I've read the bugs topics, I've seen that there is a lot of troubles with 1.125. Are the related bugs and issues due to our computer configuration (for ewample between W-Vista and W-7) and performances or is this a Taleworld issue?

2) Is it really necessary to update Warband to 1.125 (I'm playing 1.13)? Cause when I read all the posts, I see that a bunch lot of bugs and crashes are reported.
My 1.13 version is still clean and runs perfectly and I don't wanna take the risk to upload to 1.125 and that my game starts to crash. I'm not a kamikaze.

Tks a lot

Back
Top Bottom