Resolved Party Wages Calculating Wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Secondary parties have widely-variable and WRONG wages.
How to Reproduce: I have save files I will upload. Check Nathanos' party.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
I created a party for brother Nathanos; I gave him 10 soldiers of mixed level, with him making 11. Quite quickly after leaving him, I checked my finances. The new party wages cost over twice what my party of 106 (mainly seasoned troops) cost: 2062 vs 987.
His party is visible in this screen shot; it is still the size I created it.
N8CaZlO.jpg

The next game day I checked again. Now it was 1334 vs 991.
fSZQy0D.jpg

So I checked Nathanos' party, and it was up to 39 - mainly recruits. This is an average of 34.2 denars/man, whereas a Level 26 troop draws 12 in pay!
BRs6wz6.jpg

Some days later, I knew Nathanos had been recruited into an army. I checked on the Kingdom army screen. He now had 75 troops, including his wounded.
xvmJLCg.jpg

And his payroll is 1940. Despite growing my army to 109, my wages were 1050. This is an average of 9.6 denars a man - perfectly reasonable for a force of primarily high-level troops.
EYWDkEc.jpg

So - Nathanos's party was consistently being overpaid (averaging 25.9 denars per man in the last check).

Without checking on who has what perks regarding payroll, these numbers still make no sense. If I had a 20% discount on troops and Nathanos didn't, it wouldn't cause this imbalance.

Computer Specs: Doesn't matter! It's the game.
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Last edited:
I uploaded 2 files.
"Created Party" is a save from immediately after creating the party. It has only the troops I transferred.

"Nathanos Wages" is days later. This save is from the same time as the last pair of screenshots above.

party leaders keep ~5k gold for their "pocket money" for food and recruitment. when they have more, they pay you. when they have less, you pay them to maintain the 5k.

party leaders keep ~5k gold for their "pocket money" for food and recruitment. when they have more, they pay you. when they have less, you pay them to maintain the 5k.
I'm curious - where did this info come from? I have never seen a discussion of secondary party finances in an official TW post. If this is the way things go, they ought to explain to us. (But in a game where conversations involve "I'd like to ask a question", "What is it?", "Never mind." after a year of EA, I have little hope that we'll ever figure out what they're ultimately planning to do.)

I'm curious - where did this info come from? I have never seen a discussion of secondary party finances in an official TW post. If this is the way things go, they ought to explain to us. (But in a game where conversations involve "I'd like to ask a question", "What is it?", "Never mind." after a year of EA, I have little hope that we'll ever figure out what they're ultimately planning to do.)
here's the one for caravans. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/beta-patch-notes-e1-4-2.425206/post-9468793

this one from a dev about war parties 5k

we know this by keeping up on the forums. sometimes devs explain how things work and sometimes fans who are coders do.

idk if i'm misremembering but the issue of documentation was brought up and i *think* that a dev agreed with the post that things like this should be mentioned somewhere in dialogue.

here's the one for caravans. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/beta-patch-notes-e1-4-2.425206/post-9468793

this one from a dev about war parties 5k

we know this by keeping up on the forums. sometimes devs explain how things work and sometimes fans who are coders do.

idk if i'm misremembering but the issue of documentation was brought up and i *think* that a dev agreed with the post that things like this should be mentioned somewhere in dialogue.
Thanks for those references. The re-ordering of horses, I discovered by trying, also works on goods. Nice trick. And it's good that Mexxico, at least, is dribbling out some of the underlying concepts while answering questions.

I'm "sure" they'll write a lengthy and complete manual when EA is all over...

Back
Top Bottom