Party Size & Quartermaster

Users who are viewing this thread

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
Hello,

I think I misunderstood what the effect of "Quartermaster" is!
I hired a new companion who had "Quartermaster" ability and said it increased the Party Size, so I assigned the role as such. Then moving around the map, I started losing men and my Party Size went down. It took me a while to figure out it was the Quartermaster role that was causing the headache!

Now, if the quartermaster role does not actually increase your ability to recruit, what is its usefulness?

XYyeEnm.png

Thank you,
APC

So first of all I would assume your base for Troop Party size was initially higher than the companion you promoted to quartermaster. If so, and the amount of troops currently in your party was higher than what he could lead, you would start losing troops until you reached the max party size limit of your companion. Does that make sense?
I believe under the vast majority of playstyles it will be better for the player to be quartermaster.

So first of all I would assume your base for Troop Party size was initially higher than the companion you promoted to quartermaster.

Yes that is correct. My initial total Party size was 66, then dropped to 51 when the companion was given the Quartermaster role. Why is that?

Yes that is correct. My initial total Party size was 66, then dropped to 51 when the companion was given the Quartermaster role. Why is that?
Because your party size limit for your character is higher than the one of your companion. You, as the quartermaster, was essentially the leader or general of your army. The party size was based off your character's limitation. When you promoted your companion to take over as leader/quartermaster his capabilities were not as good as yours.
Think of it as him not having the skill or capability to lead a large army as yourself. Once he was promoted he was essentially overwhelmed and couldn't manage the amount of troops in your party so some went AWOL.

Your former quartermaster - in this case you or your another clan member, was have higher steward skill.

Higher steward skill = higher party size.

Steward skill, clan level and some perks in different skill trees are upping your party size. This setup also applies npcs.

The quartermaster is not the leader, they're more the Sergeant major who manage the day to day affairs of your company.

With this in mind, my advice, is that it is more efficient to use a noble quartermaster - marry yourself or your siblings to a good one.

If you look about, there are eligible bachelor/ettes with 150+ steward - they will invariably be able to enlarge your party size substantially over what you/the player might reasonably do within the first several years of the game. Double check which steward perks they have checked off, then get them into your party.

That way you can more efficiently use your focus points to boost other skills that might also add party members such as leadership or tactics.

Also, a good scout may also add to your party size. By maximising the focus points and role distribution, you can almost carry half an army within your own party... or down the track... host over 700 in a permanent army with parties from your own clan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom