Overlord - Released 28-JUN-2009

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah. I'm going to put a new, female faction - something I always wanted to do and re-inspired by Timeless Kingdoms mod. I was messing with Thorgrim's Map Editor, but outside of dragging the red barrier around, the rest doesn't work well. So, I've just dropped what few parties I could on the map, as cities, and I'm manually placing a few villages and castle through estimation, trial, and error.

Just reporting, autoloot fixed and women are being recruited at towns. Everything is working as expected.
Cheers!

Good to hear. The only thing that seems to not work all the time is the color for "XYZ of Vaegirs was defeated in battle but managed to escape."

haven't found XYZ but did with strong weapons bug just like fisheye's mod. NPCs drop "strong" weapons in autoloot. + 4 ways inn is sorely needed.

Hi mate,

Just downloaded this yesterday as it has some features in it that I would like to mess around with for my own native, so thanks for releasing the source!

Don't know if you're still working on this or just using it as a testcase for your new mod, but I think there might be a balance issue with the faster horses.

Couched damage I think is based largely on speed. So much faster horses makes for much more speed. I took out several high level units in heavy armor yesterday with just my lvl 1 toon using the standard quarterstaff thingie. It does something like 250 damage. Obviously this problem also exists in native as they have fast(er) horses, but you wouldn't have access to those until a bit later in the game and by then it's a moot point since you should be able to take on higher level soldier.

Just something to think about perhaps. Combination fast horse + couched dmg makes for very lethal newbies.

If I find any bugs or anything I'll let you know.

Thanks again!
Martin

Couched lance is imbalanced no matter what the horse speed. Anything more than a minimum-speed couch will kill anything. I have made some more tweaks. I'll upload a new version soon. What I want to do is to remove all lances except for mounted top-tier troops. I'd think it would take a lot of skill to successfully lance someone from horseback, and a 2-bit Bandit shouldn't take out a knight so easily. Or, I'll just reduce the couch rating a ton.

EDIT: I uploaded a new version.

I'm going to release another version in the future. Rosha said that his female armor and other items can be used, but only after he releases v1.0 of The Wedding Dance mod. I'll use the new female items to re-equip the Peasant Women line of troops. I'm also going to come up with a formula for price and weight of items based off of their stats, so all of the items make sense in terms of cost. If I could ever get the map editor to cooperate, I'll include a whole, new female faction off to the west of Tihr. I've already added more Heroes to bring the total to 31, so you can have all party slots filled with Heroes only if you want. Maybe I'll even give this mod a name?

And Overlord II is coming soon  :smile:
Seriously, it's nice with a proper name for a proper mod.

I'm playing Wedding Dance at the moment, so it suits me well to wait for the final release of that, before giving this a go.

Funny, because I called the mod Overlord (as in Operation Overlord, June 6, 1944) as a "code name" because I couldn't think of a name. And I figured it's as good as a name as any.

I'm thinking of adding in a 7th faction, too. I didn't shrink the original five factions to make a 6th ... the old factions are complete and the new faction is in addition to the others. If I do a 7th, I'll have to move around everything on the world map to make room.

Beta Testers Wanted

I'm looking for two or three people to beta test the mod. You'll need to get 7-Zip as stated in the original post. We'll keep it simple and communicate by PM and e-mail. PM me if you want to beta test. I'll then post a password protected 7-Zip file on the Repository.

I have all the beta testers that I need for now. Thanks to everyone who asked.

HardCode said:
  • Follow the Marshall quest is now a 90 days "give again" quest instead of 28 days.
What were you thinking when you made that?
14l4pwm.jpg

Do we not all find it tedious after just 14 days...

Back
Top Bottom