Overlord - Released 28-JUN-2009

Users who are viewing this thread

HardCode

Master Knight
Overlord Mod

Please let me know if you notice that I forgot to remove an item from The Wedding Dance. Thanks!

You will need 7-Zip to decompress this mod. This is worth your while, because the current beta version 7-Zipped is 69MB vs. a regular WinZip of 107MB. Use 7-Zip! :smile:

Download Beta 0.1.0 at the Repository.

Download the map fix.

Features of Overlord:
  • A completely new, custom map with a twist.
  • An new, complete sixth faction - Maidens of Anar. A female faction. Other factions were not shrunk down. Anar has all new Maidens, towns, castles, and villages.
  • The Peasant Woman --> Sword Sister line of troops completely redone as the Anar.
  • A total of 31 recruitable Heroes.
  • Disabled Hero complaints - have all 31 in your party.
  • No wages or moral penalties for Heroes.
  • fisheye's Auto-loot.
  • Color Coded Messages system.
  • Dynamic prisoner sell pricing - prisoner troop's level, Prisoner Management, and Trade skills affect the amount you get. It's now a lucrative business.
  • Disease can strike a town or castle.
  • Expanded the Forest Bandit line of troops.
  • Expanded the Mountain Bandit line of troops.
  • Many new outlaw parties.
  • New Heraldic Armor items (looks just like the others, but new types, stats, and prices). Given to many top-tier troops.
  • Get 10,000 denars when denied a captured castle or town.
  • 20% chance of getting Peasant Women as recruits from villages.
  • Village Elders offer quests much more often.
  • World map colors for all parties - no more plain gray.
  • Praven Reconstruction Project (the wall to the Guild Master is torn down :wink: )
  • Rejenorst's Female Sounds, music, and other voice overs.
  • Much faster horses, with much less hit points.
  • Archers are no longer heavy infantry with missile weapons. Shields were removed. Better bows/crossbows added.
  • Tweaked most troops' equipment.
  • Improved after-battle loot. Fixed the troops' equipment so there is a chance for any item they use to be loot.
  • Captured villages produce recruits of the new faction.
  • Player's prisoners no longer automatically trimmed down from his towns/castles.
  • Higher chance for positive cattle growth in villages.
  • Some more tax revenue from towns, villages, and castles (counts for NPC Lords, too).
  • Food amounts increased, consumed every 24 hours instead of 14 hours.
  • Reduce player's renown every month instead of every week.
  • Village improvement times drastically reduced.
  • Schools now give +5 relation every month.
  • Follow the Marshall quest is now a 90 days "give again" quest instead of 28 days.
  • Cattle follow the player like merchant caravans.
  • Access the Party and Inventory screens during a siege.
  • Access the inventory screen in a siege battle.
  • 80% chance to capture enemy Lords instead of 20%.
  • "Hunt down fugitive" no longer reduces relation with village.
  • Change your banner during the game.
  • Collect all of your taxes at one of your fiefs.
  • Give your troops to any allied Lord.
  • Items from Talak's Unique Armory.
  • Fixed "fight/surrender" dialog option order for Steppe Bandits. Fight is now the first option.

What will be in the next release:
  • DtheHun fixed some "layer vibration" in the Aribeth armors, so a new .BRF will be included in the next release.
  • New armor from DtheHun - Sisters of Battle armor.
  • 1 new Hero has dialog so far  :neutral:

Things I may do or will do at some point:
  • Maybe add a 7th faction.
  • Going to add more OSP items.
  • Rebalancing item weight, damage, and cost - including horses.

Issues to expect (I'll start crossing off as I fix them.):
  • All the new Heroes need dialog.
  • All Heroes have the same, default stats.
  • Map terrain dead spots may exist.
  • Item price/weight/stats balancing.
  • Troop equipment balancing (especially the quick fix to replace The Wedding Dance items).

Credits:
  • fisheye for the Autoloot and general scripting help over the years.
  • TheMageLord for his tweaks and the Python equivalents.
  • HokieBT for scripting help (tax collection in one place, if I remember, plus other help).
  • Surrealarms female armor by DTheHun.
  • Rejenorst for his female sounds, his music, and other voice overs. They really give the mod life.
  • Talak for his Unique Armory.
  • Fei Dao for helping to get female sounds integrated into the Python files.
  • NCrawler for his original script for variable prisoner sell prices.
  • saregona for the Better Horses Mod.
  • All of the contributors of the OSP item sets.
  • Everyone who contributes to M&B modding by answering questions and offering code.

Due to the great interchange of work and items among mods, if your work is in Overlord and you are not listed, please let me know so I can credit you.

hm...seems good. Time for downloads!
EDIT: awsome mod! frankly, i like owning everyone with my archers! i also have 19 Forest raiders and 16 Vaegir Marksmen. Also, "talks to new Companion"
BACKSTORY A
BACKSTORY B
BACKSTORY RESPONSE 1
BACKSTORY RESPONSE 2

odd :neutral:

HardCode said:
They are just placeholders for future dialog, obviously.
*facepalms self* duh. :oops:
well, Vaegir marksmen are obviously better than forest raiders...BUT THEIR SO D**M COOL!

I'm may fix the prisoner sale rate, so that the minumum is 50 gold as in Native. Also, I've added a branch of troops splitting at Follower Woman. I need to adjust some items and things. I'll try to do another release early next week. If I don't have to work Sunday, I may try to add in a whole female faction.

Because I don't like that skill. I don't like the concept of being forced to spend skill points to use given weapon points. So I changed it.

Reference the last item in the "features list" :wink:
HardCode said:
The source is included, so if you don't like it, don't ***** about it - change it :grin:

I think in the old version of Band of Warriors, they may have been upgrading by default ... I can't even remember :smile: Maybe I should code that in ...

HardCode said:
  • Archers are no longer heavy infantry with missile weapons. Shields were removed, and all were given (temporarily) Short Swords and Short Arming Swords. However, they are ensured the better bows/crossbows.

Sorry, but this kind of put me a bit off. I'm not saying "I won't be trying/liking this mod because of this feature", but I will ask this: Ever heard of pavise archers/crosbowmen? They're not "heavy infantry" as much as they're heavily armored and almost stationary missile units.

Reality vs. gameplay. In real life there were pavise archers/crossbowmen, who likely weren't as skilled in hand-to-hand combat and castle storming as medium/heavy professional footmen. In Mount & Blade (i.e. not real life), the game doesn't play out well when archers have shields. They basically become medium/heavy infantry who can defend castles all by themselves. This is because shields always block. The shield mechanics are (rightfully so for a PC game) too simplistic. So if you don't like it, put the shields back in. It's easy. Source code included.

First of all, thanks for the faster horses HC  :smile:
Found out there must be thieves amongst me troops for items dissapear during autoloot. Specially light brown armor like light boots, bizantion helmets and light leather armor. I check the item list before autoloot and after and have noticed these items are nowhere to be found. Even stranger is the fact that Rolf took the bizantion helmet and next autoloot discarded it fo a worthless woolen cap.
It will be 20 lashes and a week on bread and water for the thief when I find him.  :mad:

fisheye posted a fix to the auto-loot script. I'm screwing around with some other things, so I'll post a new version with the auto-loot fix once I debug the Color Coded Messages system. It doesn't want to cooperate fully right now :mad:

Back
Top Bottom