OSP Kit Campaign Outposts! v0.8 - updated 15.07.11

Users who are viewing this thread

ladanyi said:
I think the script functions fine other than the disappearing bug. I have searched tirelessly to find the reason but I have no clue.  I looked back through the thread and did not find a fix for that particular bug. was one ever posted?
I think not. Hmmm...

All right, so be it. I'm on a really tight schedule, but actually rewriting this should be pretty quick, and besides, I've promised I would, so now is as good a time as any. Maybe even better. (And besides, I've barely had time to eat or sleep these days, so something simpler and more compact should do me good to get me back on the modding tracks... I guess.)
And like a real politician programmer, I promise that there shall be no more outpost disappearing bugs. Ever.

The Dark Robin said:
Any plans on doing this? :smile:
You win.

And by the way, if anyone's got any ideas about something that would be nice and neat, speak up. If they're fitting and quick to code, I'll include them. Not really fond of the "give money for automagic upgrades", for an example, but I don't really see how it can be replaced without becoming a nuisance.
I also can't guarantee any proper scenes, but I'll try to put something (****ty) together.

Expect progress. I'm getting about two weeks free from forced contacts with the world, so any time I don't spend with my friends and family around Christmas will be time I stand glued in front of the monitor. Might as well use it for something good. :wink:

Lumo'Corp is back in business, enslaving young Tibetan children since 1942!

But seriously, this is great news that you're going to work on this again. :grin:

Lumos said:
ladanyi said:
I think the script functions fine other than the disappearing bug. I have searched tirelessly to find the reason but I have no clue.  I looked back through the thread and did not find a fix for that particular bug. was one ever posted?
I think not. Hmmm...

All right, so be it. I'm on a really tight schedule, but actually rewriting this should be pretty quick, and besides, I've promised I would, so now is as good a time as any. Maybe even better. (And besides, I've barely had time to eat or sleep these days, so something simpler and more compact should do me good to get me back on the modding tracks... I guess.)
And like a real politician programmer, I promise that there shall be no more outpost disappearing bugs. Ever.

Thanks for your tireless efforts. They are much appreciated!!
The Dark Robin said:
You win.

And by the way, if anyone's got any ideas about something that would be nice and neat, speak up. If they're fitting and quick to code, I'll include them. Not really fond of the "give money for automagic upgrades", for an example, but I don't really see how it can be replaced without becoming a nuisance.
I also can't guarantee any proper scenes, but I'll try to put something (****ty) together.

Expect progress. I'm getting about two weeks free from forced contacts with the world, so any time I don't spend with my friends and family around Christmas will be time I stand glued in front of the monitor. Might as well use it for something good. :wink:

That would be fabulous!  Seriously though, real life is more important than this so if you can then great, if not then no worries. I think it is amazing that you have stuck with this script for years regardless :smile: I just keep trying to put this in due to the fact that it is the only script that lets a player build where they like. It truly is unique.

Lumos said:
Well,you could ask some of the skilled scene makers around here to do it,it isn't really much work compared what kind of stuff they are usually making...I am sure they would gladly help you out.

Hey I am trying to understand the rules of this system, if you could assist me,  this situation I have goes like this:

I built one outpost to second stage, I build second outpost to third stage, I cant upgrade the first one to third stage. I built a third out post it automatically added troops and I dont think I could upgrade it to second stage even.

Also I could not put a Lord Prisoner in the Fort but I could put Lord Prisoner in the first one I built, that was stage two. I am not sure if I could destroy the first tower, but I could not destroy the Fort.

OH YES: when I destroy the first tower at stage two, it destroys it, but leaves me as an invisible yellow marker where the tower stood. Then the game crashes if I try to save out and reload. save does not register.

Does anyone know how the outpost rules work?

pXgamer said:
Does anyone know how the outpost rules work?
Not like that, in any case.

Lol, this was supposed to be compatible with Warband.
Okay, let me see. I'll try to update this after I'm done with my current portion fo work for the A Game of Thrones mod. In the mean time, just don't really use this kit, OK? It obviously seems to be behaving strangely.

So each outpost should upgrade to fort, and each fort should accept lord prisoners? I am using Tocan's Calradia

Each outpost should upgrade to a better outpost, and there can be only one fort present at any time. Lord prisoners are not in any way discriminated and I don't see why they wouldn't accept them.

Well just to clarify again for the sake of your data:

I am using Tocan's Calradia (Version undetermined) MB:W v: 1.158
There is no option to destroy Fort
Outposts  accept Lords.
Outposts have option to destroy tower, destruction of tower leaves you destroyed along with the tower and can not move on map.
I joined Swadia, my two out posts stayed as independent faction.
I built a new outpost, it was Swadian faction. It came  with automatic garrison, all my other garrisons were at initial count.  it upgrades to second level and accepts lords.

This all might be the mod Im using having conflict. The situations a lot less destructive in implementation than I thought. Towers glitch on being destroyed but accept lords.

Forts wont accept lords and have no option to destroy.

Bad. And what's even worse, I can't do anything about it for the time being. Besides, there's even less I can do if it's doing that in another mod. I'll look into these, thanks for reporting them.

Awesome glad to assist, another thing is, I did not start my own faction yet. The factions I am enemy with will not attack the outpost

another update is.. the outpost patrols dont stay centralized to their outpost, they will wander all over calradia. As well they take on prisoners right after a battle and then they disappear from their party as if released.

Do you know why patrols instantly release prisoners after they are captured. a real bummer, was looking forward to having them sustain income with prisoners.

Hello there, first of all I would like to say a great thank you in advance for what ever help you might provide or atleast read my post :smile:

So I found this amazing idea ( your mod obviously ) and attempted to implement it into the recent Floris Pack. That is actually how I found about this mod is by the Floris Improved project, since it was discontinued I hoped to get at least some part of it into my game.
I have to say that I'm a complete noobie when it comes to modding or anything connected to a Coding Language like Java/Python/C++ etc. But with all the courage I could muster I had my attempt;

Everything went without a hitch or so I thought up until I had started my new Module, but I run ahead of my self. Lets start from the beginning.
First there was darkness, and then god said let there be li... err.. Lets start from slightly closer times.
And so Caesar said Veni Vidi Vici an... uhm, Oh even closer I suppose.

So I downloaded Python and the Module System and installed them correctly, the exporting of the files into the System went fine. I was able to edit the Floris Mod Pack module files, and so I attempted to add every part of the Source Code provided by this Mod to end of every Module described right before the final "]" as I assume it is the end of the whole script. I also tried to put the outpost management into the Camp Action menus and everything acordingly as it was said into the read files and the source files.

Upon the start of the module I get this RGL Error :
Unable to find face mesh: male_head

Problem is that I have no idea how the mod itself might have influenced the meshes of the game o_O Or maybe I did something totally wrong and un-human that my Computer decided to attempt save the world from myself in the only way possible he can yet subtle enough so I would not punish it directly..

Shuraalex said:
-blablabla-

Upon the start of the module I get this RGL Error :
Unable to find face mesh: male_head

-blablabla-
Being unable to find the head mesh has nothing to do with the outposts kit.

Also:
Lumos said:
The Dark Robin said:
You win.

Just wondering if this is still happening. :smile:

I don't follow :sad: What do you mean by the conversation with Lumos? That he's re writing the scripts?
Also If it doesn't have to do with anything with the meshes, how come I started getting this problem right after I tried to implement this mod into the Floris Pack?

Back
Top Bottom