Outermesh mountains

Users who are viewing this thread

Romulus3

Recruit
Hi everyone.

What software I can use and how I can paint and then import outermesh mountains to make them look fine with my scene ?
In developer's tutorial they say that you can't paint the outermesh entities in the editor.

Thank in advance

Hi everyone.

What software I can use and how I can paint and then import outermesh mountains to make them look fine with my scene ?
In developer's tutorial they say that you can't paint the outermesh entities in the editor.

Thank in advance
Outer-meshes are 3D models like the rocks you plant in a scene. They're coloured by materials and textures the same as other meshes. If you just want a better visual match, you could try tinting them with a single colour in the tools. Alternatively, you could create your own textures in a photo editor, import them and replace the native textures in your outer-mesh's material.
If you want to build new ones, you'd probably need to use heightmaps and a 3D modelling program such as Blender or a terrain engine such as World Machine.

Upvote 0
As you can see on the screenshots outermesh doesn't have options to change material or color under "components" tab. Other models have.
ac3264803ccaa8f5d90062f80662c36a.png

AHM6Q.png

Upvote 0
that's because the outermesh is a number of smaller entities put together, if you go into the "scene" tab and hit the dropdown by the outermesh, you can change the materials of the child entities

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom