[Outdated] Texture & Material editor released (updated to ver 1.3)

Users who are viewing this thread

jik said:
I'm still not able to see my objects with the editor unless I throw them in CommonRes folder... What am I doing wrong?

I've put in load_module_resource = my brf file and I have the brf file in the module resource folder... what's the deal?
Jik, I could be wrong, but I think you need to put all your "load_module_resource" statements BELOW the others. The native stuff needs to load first.

Worth a try..

DE

The problem could be that I'm using v710. Updating to v711 now and will try again...

Kool. I have found that I had the 304 Editor, so that could also be part of the problems I'm having.

Ok
M&B .711
Editor .311
Brfview (not sure but it hasn't been updated in a while)
and now Material editor 1.1

Will try again!

EDIT : Sorry for hogging you space here, but something still isn't right. When I open up my module I get this:

Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.
Column 'Name, Type' is constrained to be unique. Value 'package, 6' is already present.
Column 'Name, Type' is constrained to be unique. Value 'package, 6' is already present.

once that happens, I can no longer save my module...

forget it, I suck... I made an empty (kind of) BRF but I left the package(chest) in there just in case it needed something in there to start with. I deleted it and now it seems to let me save... Sorry

Ok, Simpson, great work! here's a sample of a dude in a horned helm weilding the Yari polearm I made. The texture for the Yari is of my own design. Unfortunately the engraved dragon on the blade is a bit too small to actually see... :???:

Thanks again Simpson!

Thnx guys for all the feedback.At one point i had almost abandoned the project but i am glad that i finished it. :smile:

Blizzybee said:
It doesn't work it says it has a glitch og pb011 of something like that can you help???
Blizzybee have u installed the dot net framework as mentioned in the first post, i cant think of any reason other than that.

jik said:
Ok, Simpson, great work! here's a sample of a dude in a horned helm weilding the Yari polearm I made. The texture for the Yari is of my own design. Unfortunately the engraved dragon on the blade is a bit too small to actually see... :???:

Thanks again Simpson!

Glad that you finally made it work thats one kick ass helmet and polearm.
Hope to see it in a mod some day :smile:

Hi Simpson!

Had the thing crash on me after adding a lot of objects to the materials.brf. The following showed up when I attempted to save:

editoroverflow0eh.jpg

The full message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at MB_texture_editor.Form1.writebytesmtl()
at MB_texture_editor.Form1.savemtl(String brfnamemtl)
at MB_texture_editor.Form1.btnsavmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MB_texture editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.2231.40481
Win32 Version: 1.0.2231.40481
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mount%26Blade/mb_texture_editor_v1.1_.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

P.S. - Seems to kick in invariably after 255 (=FF) entries in the materials.brf, methinks the max for two-digit hex. Is there any chance of bumping that up to three-digit (256 = 100, etc.), or have I reached the absolute max?

I did need framwork i already had it, and i got it working before you posted but thanks anyways i just had it in the wrong place (you know hadn't extracted it)

I feel like such an idiot... lol

Khalid ibn Walid said:
P.S. - Seems to kick in invariably after 255 (=FF) entries in the materials.brf, methinks the max for two-digit hex. Is there any chance of bumping that up to three-digit (256 = 100, etc.), or have I reached the absolute max?

Pretty sure that the BRF format itself has no such limitation; must be a limitation of Simpson's program.

By the way Khalid, I hope you've actually got over 256 new materials, and you're not adding to the existing materials.brf in commonres? You'll have a heck of a time updating to new M&B versions if you don't separate resources....

fisheye said:
Pretty sure that the BRF format itself has no such limitation; must be a limitation of Simpson's program.

Good to know. So I can just manually hex-edit that?

At any rate, it would be something Simpson would likely want to be aware of.

By the way Khalid, I hope you've actually got over 256 new materials, and you're not adding to the existing materials.brf in commonres? You'll have a heck of a time updating to new M&B versions if you don't separate resources....

:oops:

I've separated out the individual mesh brfs, but I've kept using the materials & textures brf 'cause I constantly go back and forth to Lurb's viewer. Updating hasn't been a problem thus far - just count & paste. I figure I'd separate that out later, but perhaps I should just do that now.

But, yeah, I will likely have 256+ materials anyways.

Khalid ibn Walid said:
I've separated out the individual mesh brfs, but I've kept using the materials & textures brf 'cause I constantly go back and forth to Lurb's viewer. Updating hasn't been a problem thus far - just count & paste. I figure I'd separate that out later, but perhaps I should just do that now.

But, yeah, I will likely have 256+ materials anyways.

I never bother with making custom materials show up in Lurbs.

I just make sure I give the correct name to the material in my 3D editor (Wings) when I export. When BRFView imports it, the drop box looks empty but actually it will save with the correct material name that I selected in Wings.

Khalid ibn Walid said:
Jeez man how many materials do you have :shock: i never thought anyone would go above 200,well thats just my shortsightedness :sad: .To keep things simple i was only updating the byte location just after "material" thts why the limit is 255.
I will definitely address this issue as soon as i get time.

Back
Top Bottom