[Outdated] Texture & Material editor released (updated to ver 1.3)

Users who are viewing this thread

simpson

Recruit
Texture & Material editor ver 1.3 is out now

Features v 1.3:
(1)Now compatible with 0.731
(2)Added alpha and RGB editor

Features v 1.2:
1) more than 255 materials can be added now.
2)Few other improvements done

Features v 1.1:
(1)the pink texture problem is fixed now
(2) Added a "new" button to create new brf files

Note:
(1)Do not open the file in the editor if it is already in use within a hexeditor or some other application
(2)You will also need Dot net framework 1.0 to run this s/w

Tip:
If you create a new material with this editor then first select a material which most resembles you current material from the listbox and then press"add" this will ensure that all other hidden settings of that material is added to your new material thus ensuring better results.
note:this feature is not available if u are creating a new brf file

(1)Big thanks to n00854180t & Janus for their excellent tutorials
(2)Gandalf,Fisheye , Ubberdorc,Khalid,Dreadus for finding the bugs and suggestions.

you can d/l it from here
Texture & Material editor ver 1.3

Ok guys this is a modder's utility i created in my free time.
It is basically for those modders who create their own
materials and texture brf files and hate to do the hexediting
involved.
You can now add and delete multiple items quite easily without
hexediting.Support is only for Materials.brf and
texture_names.brf.Since i am not a modder i havent been able
to fully test this s/w but i think it should be quite
compatible.So if there are any bugs pls let me know.

simpson said:
Since some of you guys are having probs with the editor here is how to add new materials using the editor.

First select the texture file which you want to use for the mesh if you are using an existing texture then dont follow step 2 else put the dds file in your textures folder.

(1)Now open the editor select the material tab load the materials.brf file press "add" button input a name for the material u wish to create,select the shader that you want to use and enter the name of the texture file without .dds extension.(the file should be in the textures foldr).Press apply and the press "save"

(2)If you are using existing texture then go to step 3 else
select the Textures tab load the texture_names.brf file.
Enter the name of the texture file in the textbox and press"add".Now press "save" and exit the editor.

(3)Now open Lurbs brfview.load the brf file and select the mesh to which you want to attach the new material and then select the new material from the dropdownlist(it should be there if u have done step1 and 2 properly) and apply the material

That should be all.

ok, i might just be a moron, but i cant find any .brf files in any of the m&b folders...can someone help me out...do u have to do something to them?

The Load button on the Textures tab will only load texture_names.brf correctly, while the Load button on the Materials tab will only load materials.brf.
If you try loading other files than those (which would serve no purpose with this tool anyway), it will give you the file structure error.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Are you telepathic?

WOW! I just spent the weekend adding some forty-something new shields, and was dreading the hex-editing work to come. But now.......YAHOO!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT!!

sorry about another stupid question, but im really pumped to use this, but how do you actually start editing stuff once you load the materials or the textures??

Khalid ibn Walid said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Are you telepathic?

WOW! I just spent the weekend adding some forty-something new shields, and was dreading the hex-editing work to come. But now.......YAHOO!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT!!
But now just anyone can add items to their mods! What about our exclusive club of hex-editing-skilled modders? Where will we go? *sob*

Nice work, simpson. I've still got a few more items to add to Storymod, in addition to the hundreds I've already done the hard way (:razz:), so this should come in handy.

Possessedly,
Winter

I was thinking last night I should do this. One of the samples in the brflib actually does the required hex editing and I thought I should just add a couple command lines and release it as a command line tool for all of you until we get a real tool.

Did you use brflib for this?

Nice work, I started making something like this but haven't had time to finish it yet.

Now all we need is animation support :wink:

Awsome. I was just going to have Janus help me with the hex stuff, but now he's off the hook. Well, I'll get to that tomorrow morning!

very nice! :smile:
now I have a noob question: how do you assign the new materials and textures to the new mesh in the brf viewer? since I can only load the default ones

guspav said:
very nice! :smile:
now I have a noob question: how do you assign the new materials and textures to the new mesh in the brf viewer? since I can only load the default ones

Did you save?

Open Lurb's viewer & import/clone the mesh. Then assign.

Back
Top Bottom