Out of the Ordinary - LP

Users who are viewing this thread

Cracka

Squire
Hey guys,

Since my return to M&B and PoP, i have had an unfulfilled craving for a decent Let's play series to watch and wind down from after a long session of bashing heads in.

Most of what you will find in the typical Youtube LP is a repetition of facetious and obnoxious string of jokes that seemingly never get old to the guy saying them. But after the 300th time of hearing "Stab yo face" in the first 10 episodes, it really does wear thin. That and the general half-ass attitude (Jeffmajor would be a good example of this) of how they play. I would get the same vibe from watching someone with a desk-job in a stuffy office somewhere loathing every minute of his job.  Also watching someone play on the easiest difficulty is not my cup of tea either.

I realize this LP is not PoP specific and could possibly be out of place here, but i would rather share it with the PoP community, because let's face it, if you don't play PoP, you are just not cool right ?  :grin:

So here is a one of a kind LP of M&B-WB that i so luckily stumbled upon last night while dredging through a million others. I find it unique because the player is a humble, mature person with a soothing voice with a very methodical, calm-and-collected play-style. He is not there to be a comedian, but he does entertain in his own special way.

I loved watching him play so much that i watched the first 12 episodes last night, that finished at 1:00am and i had to get up for work 4 hours later.  :wink: So i hope others enjoy this as much as i do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21LFnHaLVn0&list=PLFA2F5D4430134AC2&feature=plcp&context=C4ece532FDvjVQa1PpcFNdrq5Zu_qSZvXSFU9zipurdkKT22bvxhw=

Tubby McChubbles said:
I picked an episode half-way through. Have to say he sounds a bit melodramatic for my taste. Could just be me.

Hehe, maybe i just relate to him so much on a role playing level. I love how he shows a genuine concern about his men's wellbeing and the way he congratulates them when they have fought well in battle.

Such a breath of fresh air when you compare to the usual LP'er mentality.  :smile:

Extor said:
If you dont like a lot of the lets plays, why not do one yourself?

I want to be entertained, not be the entertainer. Though i have thought of doing it a few times. At least with my play through there would be lot's of crazy ass (no hope) fights instead of pussing-out and leaving men to die every time the game presents a challenge.

I'll give it a try sometime and post it here for everyone to laugh at.  :wink:

Cracka said:
Extor said:
If you dont like a lot of the lets plays, why not do one yourself?

I want to be entertained, not be the entertainer. Though i have thought of doing it a few times. At least with my play through there would be lot's of crazy ass (no hope) fights instead of pussing-out and leaving men to die every time the game presents a challenge.

I'll give it a try sometime and post it here for everyone to laugh at.  :wink:

I'll be waiting lol  :lol:

Me and my friend made an utterly retarded lets play of POP tutorial and a combat tutorial, if you'd like to watch that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkiuZkKlb0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaCWq2RPhc

DrSane said:
Me and my friend made an utterly retarded lets play of POP tutorial and a combat tutorial, if you'd like to watch that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkiuZkKlb0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaCWq2RPhc

I usually try not to criticize because most of the time i insult people and they end up resenting me, but the "ech" sound that dudes makes when trying to hit something is going to give me nightmares. It send shivers up my spine.

BAHAHAAHAA. That was me putting on a stupid voice.

The scary part is that is what another friend of mine actually sounds like

One thing that i have come to realize is that the majority of these LP'ers are so damn bad at fighting and the general backwards understanding of some simple game mechanics.

I have yet to watch a LP where the player knows how to build companions properly and i cringe every time i see someone turn a level 1 companion with 3-4 in Surgery, Wound treatment etc into a fighter, arrgghh it annoys the hell out of me.

Essentially they make all companions into fighters and most of them suck (especially skill mules) because they are a hosh-posh of utility and weak combat skills, which needless to say negates the actual effectiveness of any utility they have because they always die.

The 2nd mistake they make is waiting until day 100 to go collect all compatible companions, and instead recruit massive amounts of trash armies from villages that they lead into a massacre over and over again. That and they don't even recruit any quality mercs from taverns, which would have won them all those battles and by this time would have been more cost effective as well.

The 3rd mistake is using first-person view in battle in a game that benefits so much from Peripheral vision gained while in third-person. Unless of course you turn your fov up to a ridiculous looking level. I understand that this is more of a personal preference thing, but it pains me to keep watching players get lanced from the side or rear because they can't see anything but their horses head and neck. 

Sorry for the rant, i needed to unload that. 

Back
Top Bottom