Our new old companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Shosin

Recruit
I made small summary of NPCs' usability. Maybe it will help to change them a little. Right now I didn't pay attention to their stories. I'm sure stories are much more important than skills but still... I want have useful companions too :smile:

Need to improve​
Engrid. Maybe he's most useless. He has very low stats for his level  and almost no fighting skills. I think it's good to make his skills near Raveneye's.
Horus. Profiencies are too low.

Nothing special​
Leslie and Ansen. They are tabula rassa. 1 level, almost same skills. Leslie is a little better as potentional fighter, Ansen as healer. You can do everything with those girls, I prefer to do extra healer.
Riva and Rollo. Nothing special. Not good, but not useless. Everything is in your hands, but Rollo's level is much better (less) with same skills.
Sardan. Nothing, but archer/fighter of middle level. You'll not be able to make much better.
Donavan. Too high level to be balanced, but not bad to start with. High training and tactics skills will help your party to win.

Balanced​
Kassir. He has very good skills and low level. Good horse archer can become second healer, ranger, engineer or simply fighter.
Raveneye. Good enough in fighting skills (especially bow). Can become fighter or ranger (archer with pathfinding, spotting, tracking).
Sir Rayne. Skills are almost same as Sardan's and very good equipment. He's a gift for low level player. I like him a lot :smile:
Maxine. Balanced fighter with very high xbow skill.
Cydia. Best variant to make a healer+engineer. She will not kill any of your enemies, but will grow up fast enough because of low level.
Sara. Vow! A lot of AGI, INT and CHA, but she's weak. You can make a vonderful trader if you want oneor let her mount a fine horse (riding=6) and use best 1H weapond you'll find. It'll be hard to find 'no STR reqs' equipment, but still possible (I saw such Thin Lammelar, for example).
Cathan. He's really engineer? I thought he's fighter first time saw his stats :smile: He'll not become jack of all INT based skills like Cydia, but he's very good in first line of fighters. Only problem is his clashing with Cydia and Janus :sad:
Janus Looter! Make him a little stronger, give him 1H+shield and bow, boost his AGI and looting skill. He's perfect like Klethi :smile: Still I'm not sure if looting skill works at all :sad:

My NPCs are: Ansen, Kassir, Rollo, Raveneye, Sir Rayne, Maxine, Cydia and Janus. No clashing at all after Cathan left me.

Shosin said:
I made small summary of NPCs' usability. Maybe it will help to change them a little. Right now I didn't pay attention to their stories. I'm sure stories are much more important than skills but still... I want have useful companions too :smile:

Need to improve​
Engrid. Maybe he's most useless. He has very low stats for his level  and almost no fighting skills. I think it's good to make his skills near Raveneye's.
Horus. Profiencies are too low.

Nothing special​
Leslie and Ansen. They are tabula rassa. 1 level, almost same skills. Leslie is a little better as potentional fighter, Ansen as healer. You can do everything with those girls, I prefer to do extra healer.
Riva and Rollo. Nothing special. Not good, but not useless. Everything is in your hands, but Rollo's level is much better (less) with same skills.
Sardan. Nothing, but archer/fighter of middle level. You'll not be able to make much better.
Donavan. Too high level to be balanced, but not bad to start with. High training and tactics skills will help your party to win.

Balanced​
Kassir. He has very good skills and low level. Good horse archer can become second healer, ranger, engineer or simply fighter.
Raveneye. Good enough in fighting skills (especially bow). Can become fighter or ranger (archer with pathfinding, spotting, tracking).
Sir Rayne. Skills are almost same as Sardan's and very good equipment. He's a gift for low level player. I like him a lot :smile:
Maxine. Balanced fighter with very high xbow skill.
Cydia. Best variant to make a healer+engineer. She will not kill any of your enemies, but will grow up fast enough because of low level.
Sara. Vow! A lot of AGI, INT and CHA, but she's weak. You can make a vonderful trader if you want oneor let her mount a fine horse (riding=6) and use best 1H weapond you'll find. It'll be hard to find 'no STR reqs' equipment, but still possible (I saw such Thin Lammelar, for example).
Cathan. He's really engineer? I thought he's fighter first time saw his stats :smile: He'll not become jack of all INT based skills like Cydia, but he's very good in first line of fighters. Only problem is his clashing with Cydia and Janus :sad:
Janus Looter! Make him a little stronger, give him 1H+shield and bow, boost his AGI and looting skill. He's perfect like Klethi :smile: Still I'm not sure if looting skill works at all :sad:

My NPCs are: Ansen, Kassir, Rollo, Raveneye, Sir Rayne, Maxine, Cydia and Janus. No clashing at all after Cathan left me.

Thank you for your insight and work. :smile:

I am pretty sure in the next release the only NPC that is absolutely guaranteed to still be there is Sir. Rayne.  The other companions will all either be modified in their stats-skills or completely changed into new companions.

Best,

Saxondragon

i hope you keep a couple at level 1 with a certain spiked stat or so so that we can mold to our personal liking. i enjoy that aspect.

thanks for all your work!

Back
Top Bottom