SP - General Add ways from leveling up companions & family members

Users who are viewing this thread

Dabos37

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Not sure about the best way to do it, but please add some ways for leveling up companions & family members aside from just battles. Currently I have to go to hideouts with my family member and tank enemies while he/she kills them, or fight against looters trying to my family member kills most of them while I distract them. These methods are excessively tiresome and boring, but it is the only way to level up their skills, because in regular battles it is really slow to levelling up them (especially for melee weapons’ skills).

Some ideas:
- Sending companions & family members to deal with quests could give a good amount of XP for skills related to the quest. Keeping in mind that family members start with really low skills, quests should give experience even if the family member fail (it could give less XP if failed).
- Add a new “stance” for companions & family members waiting in settlements or castles. Something like “training stance”, which could give them passive XP every day.
- Add perks for shared XP which affects wanders and family members (I think we only have one perk for shared XP especially for wanderers, and it does not affect family members, but not sure).
- Give passive XP for weapon skills every day if leading a party.

I think the first suggestion related to quests is the best one.

Thanks.

- Sending companions & family members to deal with quests could give a good amount of XP for skills related to the quest. Keeping in mind that family members start with really low skills, quests should give experience even if the family member fail (it could give less XP if failed).
Quests actually do that.
- Add a new “stance” for companions & family members waiting in settlements or castles. Something like “training stance”, which could give them passive XP every day.
Well when there is a tournament they gain skill.

I recommend the usefull companions mod. It´s great. Just remember to talk to each new recruit. "I want to you to focus on different skill". Took me awhile to notice that.

Quests actually do that.

Well when there is a tournament they gain skill.

I recommend the usefull companions mod. It´s great. Just remember to talk to each new recruit. "I want to you to focus on different skill". Took me awhile to notice that.
As far I have seen, quests just give a really small XP gain. I am suggesting to make quest to give a good amount of XP.

Yeah, there are interesting mods for sure, but I am making the suggestion to try to improve the base game. Thanks for the info anyway!

Adding information about this, aside from characters getting low XP while doing quests, they only get XP on one specific skill. For example, Fail or Success for completing the X Needs Help With Brigands quest depends on Scouting skill. I sent my little brother, and after completed the quest he only got some XP in scouting and not in weapon skills.

My suggestion is for giving more XP on multiple skills which could be related to the quest. Fighting bandits could or could not require that my companion or family member engaged himself in battle, but giving scouting XP and weapons XP (depending on which weapons are equipped) could help a lot on leveling up companions and family members, without having to rely on mods or frustrating methods.

Plus, it seems that there is not XP gain at all if the mission gets failed, which I find wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom