Order of the Falcon

Users who are viewing this thread

Nysir

Recruit
I decided pretty early on I wanted to give this order a try. After many in game months of preparation, amassing a small fortune and a well-trained army, I launched my assault on the town of Ravenstern. I set my culture to Ravenstern - not for a love of sheep, I assure you. I've got Sir Rayne in my party, so I instantly found the Order of the Falcon in the town. It takes a few more in game months building up buildings, more money and prestige. I upgrade the order quite a bit, and once my training grounds are complete, go to recruit the many nobles that have joined my cause.

... But wait. These are Ravenstern Nobles. I can't induct them into the Falcon. Where the hell are my Maiden Nobles? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Surely Order of the Falcon isn't any more special than the other knighthood orders, so why are troops for it not easily accessible? If anyone could provide answers to how I can acquire these Maiden Nobles, I would be very happy. Please don't say to scour every tavern in the game until I luck out and find 2-8 Maiden Recruits that'll take ages to train up that high... that can't be the answer. ... Right?

TL;DR - How do I get Maiden Nobles? :sad:

In-game wiki (Notes->Concepts):
Order of the Falcon
  Conditions: Madame Ursula or Sir Rayne in party, Honor 15
Trains Knights of the Falcon from Maiden Nobles.
Now you know.

Maiden Nobles can be upgraded in a long line from peasant women, widely available in Pendor.

The issue I've come across here is that while acquiring peasant women is easy, training them up to Maiden Nobles is unfairly difficult. When I had my Valkyrie order before, it was a simple matter of taking noble recruits, spending a few days out in the field, and inducting them as Lady Valkyries. Very simple.

The Maidens in my party, however, sitting at the rank of Maiden Cavalry, are incapable of being trained higher, despite my being level 29 and having 10 training (which I think it pretty high, considering). Is it expected that I should spend what I can only assume would be about 1 in game year to get up to level 45 so that my training is good enough to get Maiden Nobles?

If this is the case, I suppose I'd rather cut my losses with all the wasted time, money and prestige and start a Knighthood Order with proper recruiting methods, but my fingers are crossed that someone has an easier way to find these elusive creatures.

I thought it was great too but the fact is, there are only so many people in Pendor willing to undergo gender reassignment and it would be cruel to start forcing it onto unwilling knights.

LevonVeldspar said:
gender reassignment

Might want to be 10 in surgery for that :smile:

for the OP, get Sir Jocelyn as he has 5 trainer and is level 38, also they should be effected by the training grounds in fiefs so might auto train but will probably take a long time.

All it takes is a level 34 trainer, since Maiden Nobles are upgraded from Maiden Adventurers, which are level 33. Jocelyn is the obvious choice here. You can actually get a lot more maiden nobles than [faction] nobles if you plan accordingly.

doomdoging said:
i edited the partys useing that editer to add more women to partys mostly as prisoniors (wanted to play a all female army)
Gonna use the Fierd culture to have female CKO?

I was always a bit curious as to why the female troop tree is so massive compared to others. I mean, 9 tiers compared to 5 in the young noble tree? It seems odd, especially when heroine and hero adventurers are exactly the same except for one being massively more time-consuming to train. In all my games of PoP, I've never had a heroine adventurer in my party. Thinking about it, maybe there should be a unit between adventurers and hero adventurers? After all, a jump from a lvl30 unit to lvl60 is kinda massive.

That being said, I like Falcons being upgraded from the maiden line. It's nice if you go vassal but don't want to use your kingdom's order(s). I often found them as my first order if I'm planning to go the vassal -> Pendor route. As others said, you really want Jocelyn in your party to train them, but even with him it'll be slow until you get someone else to a high enough level.

You can get more maiden nobles early game IF you put every skill points for the companion knights into trainer (and invest in INT to get more skill points).

Maiden nobles are stupidly hard to train and by mid game (500 days or so), you will be getting about 20-30 faction nobles a week and basically never run out of knights. It is very difficult to train 20-30 Maiden nobles a week due to the fact that there is no way to reliably recruit peasant women and it takes minimum 6 days to get your peasants to nobles (so you literally have to come upon a big stack of peasant women captives at the start of every week to keep up with normal faction recruitment). Falcon Knights are only good if you are playing a really slow game and you become a vassal with very few holdings for very long time. Otherwise you are almost always better off using one of the other noble orders.

Falcon knights arn't even that strong, At least 5-6 orders can kick their asses in a fair fight and a few others are more or less on par with them but significantly easier to train. The only orders who are worse than them are the ravenspears, silvermist rangers, radiant cross and the clarion call. 

The good thing about the Order of the Falcon is that you get them from a different source than the other orders. This makes it an excellent complimentary order, you can spend all your nobles on your other order. It's like having free nobles. Just take your Maiden Cavalry and Maiden Adventurers out to fight bandits and rabble and they'll level.

Well... I'll just leave this here for no adequately explained reason...

VAZMLAP.jpg

Sycrus said:
Well... I'll just leave this here for no adequately explained reason...

VAZMLAP.jpg

Point taken. Though Knights of the Falcon do cost less money, and you can improve them. If you have enough Prestige they could be worth it, but perhaps they should be trainable from Maiden Adventurers.

Anth said:
Important info missing: Game day. Are we talking four digits?

Yes, though most of these were trained relatively recently. I think only some 20+ survived the battle for the Order Stronghold some 150 days ago. The fact is, after you get enough people with enough skill points in Trainer, it's not difficult to get any number of units from the normal troop trees.

Epicrules said:
I smell a Ctrl-Xer.

I don't even know what Ctrl-X does in this game...

Sycrus said:
The fact is, after you get enough people with enough skill points in Trainer, it's not difficult to get any number of units from the normal troop trees.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. The funny thing is that you can reliably train hero adventurers from like day 100 instead of 1000.

There is another method, some might call it cheating, I call it creative human resource placement. If you are a purist, dont click on the spoiler.

Get a blunt lance, arm companions with blunt weapons, go hunt adventurer companies, they are full of troops from the maiden line. Get a huge number of maiden adventures, maiden nobles, etc as prisoniers.

Then, find a battle on the strategic map, a battle between two factions you dont really care about, like jatu vs sarleon :p. Join the battle on the side of jatu, win the battle, and at the end of it, transfer all your maiden prisoniers into the end-battle prisoniers pool. Now the sarleon party has all your maiden prisoniers. Attack that party and rescue the maiden prisoniers. They are now your troops. Now you have nobles for your order. Oh, the good old days when it was possible to recruit noldor via this method... how I miss them.

Back
Top Bottom