One interesting fact about you

Users who are viewing this thread

Ugh. Apparently I can get... well... not motion-sickness, because I'm not queasy... but my vision has been seriously upset by a computer game for the first time ever. I've been playing From Dust, and I'm on a map that tilts/rolls backwards and forwards, and after switching back to my PC I've still been seeing things rolling backwards and forwards on my monitor. It's like the weird vertigo you get after you've stepped off a ship and it takes your brane a while to adjust to the fact that the horizon is stationary, and you still see it moving as with the waves.

Bleh.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Yeah, I'm not sure your post makes a ton of sense Angel.
:smile: Of course, I haven't given a context. My school, my alma mater, was a independent school. High term fees meant that unless you had a scholarship like me, only those who could afford it or were well connected could send their children there. Therefore, I say it would be "especially exasperating" as why should those who did not pay fees, or put any effort in, achieve high grades? The last sentence about nepotism should now make more sense.

FrisianDude said:
Harkon Haakonson said:
Yeah, I'm not sure your post makes a ton of sense Angel.
I only didn't quite get 'saccharine' which somehow reminds me of oranges and other citrus. Expand yo vocab!
Eh? I didn't say I didn't understand the vocabulary. Like she said, the message wasn't clear without some context.

Teofish said:
Hell, I never did any homework at all past third grade. Nor did I ever study/prepare at all for any tests or exams. I still made top 3 percent of my class.
Finland and Sweden have pretty much abolished homework.

Haha, now we're the leading communist state.

EDIT
2Djp3WN.jpg

Gestricius said:
Teofish said:
Hell, I never did any homework at all past third grade. Nor did I ever study/prepare at all for any tests or exams. I still made top 3 percent of my class.
Finland and Sweden have pretty much abolished homework.

Haha, now we're the leading communist state.

EDIT
2Djp3WN.jpg

No homework in Finland? What is this ****? That wasn't true when I went to school.

Or the post is just bull****, my sister, who is seven years old, gets homework. It takes something like 15-30 minutes to do it, though.

It's a pretty popular idea with the left here in Norway, together with abolishing grades (already gone in elementary school). I don't think they're ever going to make it happen though. Can't say I have any idea if it would be better or worse for their results.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
mcwiggum said:
I live in the best place in the world.
(Yorkshire, for those whom are unlucky enough to not know about the best place in the world.)

Hey! Everyone come look at this Yorkshireman. I think he's a bit lost...

Aaargh! A Yorkshireman on my forum!  :evil:  The fiends are spreading like the plague.... which they are also responsible for spreading!

[me=Pharaoh Llandy]goes for the napalm[/me]

But you have bigger enemies... India completed its invasion of Mars, now it aims for the forums!

curry tanks ftw

Back
Top Bottom