On Mercenary Contracts

Users who are viewing this thread

dowdpride

Sergeant at Arms
So I have found that mercenary contracts so far are completely unprofitable. I have not been able to find a faction that will offer more than 10 gold per won battle, and even though influence gained is converted into funds, it happens so slowly that it really doesn't help much. Has anyone else noticed this as well, or is this just me?

While the payment is absolute crap, I went from having a net worth of 2-3k from taking out looter bands (while leveling up Khurzan cavalry to get a starter army) to now sitting on 32k from becoming a mercenary and hitting caravans. Caravans are tougher in Bannerlord but also far more profitable. Also got lucky and came across the remnants of a battle, which netted me 3 captive lords though I only get 1-2k from selling them to the ransom broker.

Does anyone know if there's something more profitable I can do with lords than sell them to a ransom broker? Will they offer me higher if I simply keep them prisoner or?

I really hope they bring back the wage system from Warband that scaled proportionally to your party's size. Merc work is critical for the mid-game where you're building up renown, relationships, and a war chest for when you become a vassal. My woodshop should be subsidizing my merc salary, not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom