Omg, you havent heard about it yet? World of Goo is out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Raamon

Recruit
2DBoy official site link.
The game is actually AWSOME, best 2D game of the year or something like that. :grin:
world-of-goo-20081010055803724.jpg

On official sites, you get a dozen links to game reviews on some popular internet game magazines, like IGN or PC gamer.
An extra link for the russian-speaking guys.

In short - its an alternative game with the idea of Lemmings, Armadillo and Incredible Machine's misxed up together in this 2d game. And it also reminds me of Bridge It! all the time, as the idea of some missions is to make some sort of a bridge - but the main difference here is that here you have no building phase, as the game is real-time.
Here, the bridging thing:
89392608dd7.jpg

An unusual feature of the game is a real-time competition among all the players - all the extra goo-balls saved upon finishing the mission are piled up to be used later fof building the highest tower of all times. And as you build, you actually see information about all the other players in the world(their nicknames and countries shown) with the heights and amount of used goo-balls on their own towers.
Just a short while ago, over 60000 players were building their towers.

Screenshots at IGN.
WoG_IGF2008_di.gif
WoG_IGF2008_te.gif

Forgot to add:
Here is how it all started -a free to download game, that was before this one. The basics are almost the same. Java/flash game(2 Mb).

I remember this little minigame called Goo Tower. This is probably related.

Will give it a shot when i'm not busy awesomeing in X3.

Eluqqa said:

http://www.experimentalgameplay.com/game.php?g=17

Even if you "finish" it, there is still OCD to do.
Press Escape->OCD to see the requirements. And getting all missions in all the chapters "flagged" will take tens if not hundreds times the time it took you to get to the last mission of the last chapter.
So far seen some guys with 697 balls in the tower mode, but dunno if that is the maximum.

Arch better have Indie spirit, as he's in an Indie game forum an' all.

Miclee said:
Eluqqa said:

http://www.experimentalgameplay.com/game.php?g=17
Haha! I downloaded that game. It's a lot more difficult than I'd expected, Although perhaps my swollen and nearly-broken finger is limiting my capabilities.

Well, as I said before - can take ages to finish each level with "perfect" score, but in some levels even finishing at all is problematic.
Its FUN and your brain gets something to eat too, both creative and logical - that's just what's needed from an indie.

As for lemmings, they were a lot more plain and not as interactive and even though I have em right here on my hdd, I'm never ever going to play them again.

Archonsod said:
Sir Timothi said:
Arch better have Indie spirit, as he's in an Indie game forum an' all.

Indie =/= good game. I couldn't stand ****ing Lemmings either.

Didn't say Indie=Good Game, just said you should have some Indie spirit, since your in a Indie game forum an' all.

A bit late here, but World of Goo was on sale on Steam for $5 USD this weekend. For a puzzle game as good as World of Goo, that's an excellent deal.

Now I just have to get Crayon Physics for $5 and I'm set.

Back
Top Bottom