Official Bug Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably just a matter of not having gotten around to do this but: Ygurd Stylkfarsson has the scrip of Nizar. Its a little weird, especially the part about him riding like a moonbeam across the plains in his courser.

I apologize about the double post  :oops:

Well he even introduces himself as Nizar, so it's quite odd.

Katrin's script is another one that needs revising, it can be left as the original one but a few corrections should be made. The reference to denars (since the currency in this mod is bronze coins) and the reference to Khergits.

Bunduk's intro script is all about his mishap with his cross bow...seeing as crossbow and completely nonexistent in this mod I think that should be edited :grin:

Mercenary88 said:
In the Diran Clan (red) when traveling from Brekk to Figur there is a small patch of snow directly NNW of the town which is sort of encircled by tree during which you charter icon turns into a boat as if going over water where there is none. Not that this is was before the village of Buthir so it is in no way close to the lake by which Figur is located.

Got to watch those frozen over rivers. They will get ya.

Mercenary88 said:
This is probably just a matter of not having gotten around to do this but: Ygurd Stylkfarsson has the scrip of Nizar. Its a little weird, especially the part about him riding like a moonbeam across the plains in his courser.

All the text is one of the things getting an overhaul in the next version. It was on the backburner as gameplay was more important.

Cool good luck with all of that :grin:

also thing like:

Queen Jill the Brave of Olfr Clan has sent a royal herald......HE will surely be offended if you do not take the offer...

So I started this mod and I was like "what is this??".  But then I gritted my teeth, bought an axe, and took out 14 sea raiders alone on the evening of my first day, and I've been hooked ever since.  Awesome mod.  The changes that have been made significantly change the feel of the game, mostly for the better.

However: When I ran the mod the first time I looked at that starter screen and the "Roots of Yggdrasil" logo and I thought: "gosh that's ugly, what's with the horrid black-block text?" 

And then I realized, of course, that change  was only made hastily after the designer noticed the green text completely disappearing in the green foliage of the world tree.  Right?  Well guess what, that's still happening, with all of the other text.  It's very annoying to read.  Or to try to read, because most of the time I just have to guess what I'm clicking on in all the menus.  Perhaps a slight palette change for the background could be considered in later updates.

Shield bash would be awesome if you didn't get locked into position when executing one if you do so while stationary.  That's suicide in a large battle when you're outnumbered, which is precisely when you want to use shield bash.  I'm really glad there's an option to turn it off, at least until it can be improved...

PoP has a great option where in tournaments, archers and mounted lancers are given clubs as an alternative weapon (your character is also), which means they have an option if they are engaged in close range.  This would be totally awesome if it was introduced to RoY Holmgangs 'cause trying to fight off three guys with a boar spear and shield SUCKS.
There aren't even any boar in the tournament!

And I read the warning already but seriously, the lag thing?  I saw mention of trying to turn off the hunting/game parties to see if that reduced lag.  Did it?  Could this be made into a menu option or something, because I would instantly choose that option if it allowed me to travel at normal speed.  Seriously, I cannot imagine the number of people  who have just tossed this otherwise awesome mod out the window because of this issue.  It should really be priority one on fixing.

Or hell, just make it a feature or something but it cannot be ignored any more.

Oh and, just to be really picky, when you pay your troops you still pay them in denari, not bronze coins.

Great mod though, can't wait until my archery skill gets into the 400s like my other character so I can actually enjoy the bow again.

P.S. someone mentioned the spinning sword animation.  It looks...ok I guess, but  it's just way too slow to be useful in battle and I'm not even sure how to avoid using it.  I'm getting killed because my guy is flourishing his sword instead of attacking, could activating/deactivating this be bade into an option or something?

Lag, I'm very sorry, but I've got no clue what's what with that. The horrid black boxes are there because the alpha didn't read correctly in DXTbmp, and I was too lazy to go fix it. The background can be removed via the steps in the FAQ thread, and shield bashing codes are not something I want to toy with.

About tournaments, I'd steer clear of those, for the most part. They suck, entirely.

Thanks very much, I'll be making those changes immediately.  And good luck with continuing to improve the great mod.  I can see how much effort you've invested in it.

[EDIT] forgot to mention this in my previous post, and this may have been noted already but:

The numbers for leadership and prisoner management are backwards.

1. The background image problem will not be fixed for this version most likely. I "may" just remove it and have ask Ruthven nicely to insert a new one before release or we go without one for a version.

2. I'll look into the shield bash codes. There may be a way to make them a tad better or update them with a better code. It works right now for the most part so this is something I might not get to in this version. I have a lot on my plate as it is.

3. Holmgangs are getting reworked. This is one of those very tedious things and part of what's slowing me down. As far as the spear being hard to fight with. I added a swing animation to that so it's a bit more viable.

4. Lag is being looked at when I'm done and happy with my work. I pray my work removes the lag. The common belief though is that it has to do with the amount of boat/land parties switching back and forth. This will be play tested before release don't worry about that.

5. I'm updating all text in the game. Next version you will pay them with proper currency. (Another tedious thing slowing me down)

6. The new animations are staying for now and until Ruthven and I are convinced otherwise. Get used to killing people with a bit of showmanship and laugh when it gives you an easy kill. If you really want to avoid it. Plan a Spear/Shield/Bow combo player.

7. I will check the prisoner/leadership mix-up out and make amends.

The plan is to start private testing this weekend on the lag, but we shall see. Some things take longer than I expect and something unexpected can always happen that I don't plan for.

Found a bug where some peasants started following me because they thought I was a city.

I think I've lost them for now, but I really don't want the fan club.

My character's name is Bjarni, and they kept telling me - when I finally asked them why they were following me - that they were going to Bjarni.

Daft peasants.

Salmagundi77 said:
Found a bug where some peasants started following me because they thought I was a city.

My character's name is Bjarni, and they kept telling me - when I finally asked them why they were following me - that they were going to Bjarni.

Daft peasants.

Been a bug since the start. I'm still trying to figure what part of the codes are making them do this. I think I have an idea. We shall see if I fix it.

ejnomad07 said:
Salmagundi77 said:

Daft peasants.

Been a bug since the start. I'm still trying to figure what part of the codes are making them do this. I think I have an idea. We shall see if I fix it.
Pitch me the idea, and I'll tell you you're wrong.  :razz:

Ruthven said:
ejnomad07 said:
Salmagundi77 said:

Daft peasants.

Pitch me the idea, and I'll tell you you're wrong.  :razz:

Glass half full, Glass half full!!!!

In my game outside the towns there are some annoying parties with 0 troops which are called "none", they began appearing when i had visited an Ulfr clan town.

I have a  problem with Fury of Odin. Then i open the game a message occurs and that was saying:
"Unable to open file: CommonRes\materials_face_genload_mod_resource.brf". I make changes with module.ini :smile:

Edit: I can open game now. But then...
Ups... I do some mistakes...

ps3luver said:
Every time I try to start Roots of Yggdrasil, When it is loading the textures it freezes and says, "failed to load shield.txt" And then it closes the program. I think that is what it says because it goes away instantly. I am using Windows 7. Maybe that is the problem.  :cry:

I have the same problem when i load up Mount and blade Roots of Yggdrasil I get to the point where it loads textures then it would just freeze there. Later I alt tabbed out and an error message came up about RGL Error something about cannot open texture file Textures\viking_shield.dds or something like that. Even applied the patch and that didn't help. Is it possible that any other mods would conflict with ROY? All i have on M&B is the graphic enhancement 2.5 and HDR. I hope someone has an answer for this i really want to try this mod  :cry:

I'm almoust at the point where I'm going to strip this mod of extras.... the lag is killing my brain cells...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom