Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks, I did the recalculate thingy. Here's a screenshot of them in OpenBRF. The same model, the same base texture in variations. The back of the shields is the wooden back of the native shields retextured. The base texture was a leather texture from CGtextures and the others are shapes and such.

peltas_zpsxs2anjj2.jpg

So, is it good, what do I need to do. The shields have the bump map in the screenshot.

It's better to create a separate layer of white and use the overlay filter so you can edit it later. The dodge tool is terrible.

Example:

mllP3.jpg

If you look at the edges of the shield and the edges of the metal, I've added a 1-2px wide border that's blurred slightly, surrounded by a black border. This is usually how I make specular maps and it works out quite well in suggesting edges.

Oh, thanks! I appreciate it dude, as well as the example.  :smile:

Now I regret for not keeping backups of psds of previous things, I could improve them a lot. Eh, never-mind. Thanks!

Second part in my cartoon character series.
This one is of "Fire King", atleast he thinks he is.
Been too busy for the couple last months and this model has been under work for a far too long time.  :roll:

https://skfb.ly/GQ9Z

J32 said:
Second part in my cartoon character series.
This one is of "Fire King", atleast he thinks he is.
Been too busy for the couple last months and this model has been under work for a far too long time.  :roll:

https://skfb.ly/GQ9Z

This is great, love the style! Giving me a Stannis Baratheon sorta vibe a la ASOIAF. :wink:

jacobhinds said:
It's better to create a separate layer of white and use the overlay filter so you can edit it later. The dodge tool is terrible.

If you look at the edges of the shield and the edges of the metal, I've added a 1-2px wide border that's blurred slightly, surrounded by a black border. This is usually how I make specular maps and it works out quite well in suggesting edges.

Very instructive, thanks jacobhinds
Nice pelta chields BTW  :wink:

fladin said:
Nice pelta chields BTW  :wink:

Thanks, they were surprisingly easy to make. I used a lot of Native shield things, though, and that made it even easier(like the wooden back and the straps). And Jacob's advice was really helpful, it showed a definite edge in the shields.  :smile:

Saloon (3 days)

saloon_render_1_by_synthlyn_x-d99l4nw.jpg

saloon_render_2_by_synthlyn_x-d99l4pd.jpg

saloon_render_3_by_synthlyn_x-d99l4rb.jpg

Previous version dining room

dining_room_by_synthlyn_x-d96cu6q.jpg

I didn't make these two large sofa and object on the shelves. All scene 2 million polygon.

GkjJ5Z.jpg

SynthLyn-X said:
Saloon (3 days)

saloon_render_1_by_synthlyn_x-d99l4nw.jpg

saloon_render_2_by_synthlyn_x-d99l4pd.jpg

saloon_render_3_by_synthlyn_x-d99l4rb.jpg

Previous version dining room

dining_room_by_synthlyn_x-d96cu6q.jpg

I didn't make these two large sofa and object on the shelves. All scene 2 million polygon.

GkjJ5Z.jpg
Wow, close to reality, great job!

Classic Kitchen (1 day)

classic_kitchen_render_1_by_synthlyn_x-d9a05d3.jpg

classic_kitchen_render_2_by_synthlyn_x-d9a05c3.jpg

classic_kitchen_render_3_by_synthlyn_x-d9a05bi.jpg

classic_kitchen_render_4_by_synthlyn_x-d9a05ah.jpg

These two chair and tap models is not my. In fact, this kitchen would be black, but plans changed.

Black Alternative (not final render)

po10qr.jpg

kgob3q.jpg

N4Pp6a.jpg

aDWLJ4.jpg

SynthLyn-X said:
Feragorn said:
Is this for some sort of interior design project, or just a hobby on your own time? It looks really well done. Professional, even.

This is really interior design project. I'm working freelance my own time  :smile:

Here's place

95yDGZ.jpg

qlLJEZ.jpg

My7akM.jpg

Adorno said:

It's real :grin:

Plot twist, those are actually just really really good renders too..  :razz:
Nice work dude.

Back
Top Bottom