Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Quite cool so far, a few suggestions: The handle is too thin and the connection between the blade and the "handguard" (the thing, which is connected to the blade) looks wired, the pommel is big in comparison to the tin handle.

Don't start with head models. The model don't look bad, the proportions could be improved, but it is a nice start. But as I said, dont start with head models, start with swords, texture them as detailed as possible. Textures are imo more difficult than models.

Did some stuff in school, what do you think?
tnNs-.jpg

Tatari_okan said:
I like the models except the tree. It's trunk looks like made out of clay to me. Is that shield wet? Very interesting. :smile:

Ok, will check on the trees specular a bit later. Yeah we had to do a wet material for an assignment...  :???:

I made a yataghan model which uses referance pic as texture (I am probably reUvmap and texture the mode) but i am not sure if its handle's shape fits to the referance.
resyatagha.png

Adorno said:
Kocken said:
Did some stuff in school, what do you think?
tnNs-.jpg
The background of the tree doesn't look very good. Perhaps a nice sky HDRi instead.
The first house is cartoonish - I suppose that's intentional. Looks really good.
Can I ask what software (rendering engine) you use?

Yeah, taht is the IBL skybox. should probably turned off the skybox and just kept the lightning. It's all rendered in Marmoset Toolbag, which is a really nice software (real-time rendering, easy to use)

Back
Top Bottom