Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

A quick shot from a lens flare that Im working on it
t8Gxz.jpg
And here is a New Shader Effect (Note : This isn't a texture pack or something , Its the original Warband textures)
                                                  Before                                          After
qPJVp.jpg

I'm hoping that someone here knows a thing or two about horse anatomy as I'm trying to sculpt one. (I know the hooves look really weird, but haven't really started on them yet...)
3yjd.png

Here's a blade I made for the Nord Invasion mod. It's a weapon with a blue specular map, so when light falls on the blade, it reflects blue.

qx84.jpg

cphm.jpg

8tjm.jpg

The only difference between the lower 2 screenies is the way I was facing, so it should show how much the blueness depends on light pretty well. :razz:
It's not amazing, I know, but it's my first model, so don't judge me too harshly! :grin:

Also, I have had a look around, and I can't really find a guide showing how to make a scabbard for a sword, and I myself have no idea how to do it. Anyone who can link me one, or give me a brief idea how to do it? Using Wings btw, if that matters.

Well it's kinda hard to follow up that helmet but here are some of my first sword models.

A Roman Gladius Hispaniensis
http://the47arts.deviantart.com/art/Gladius-Hispaniensis-Better-Version-396783888

A Roman Gladius Mainz
http://the47arts.deviantart.com/art/Gladius-Mainz-396784553

Update: 2 more Roman swords -

A Roman Gladius Fulham
http://the47arts.deviantart.com/art/Fulham-Gladius-396970571

A Roman Gladius Pompeii
http://the47arts.deviantart.com/art/Pompeii-Gladius-396971279

Maroon said:
Here's a blade I made for the Nord Invasion mod. It's a weapon with a blue specular map, so when light falls on the blade, it reflects blue.

qx84.jpg

cphm.jpg

8tjm.jpg

The only difference between the lower 2 screenies is the way I was facing, so it should show how much the blueness depends on light pretty well. :razz:
It's not amazing, I know, but it's my first model, so don't judge me too harshly! :grin:

Also, I have had a look around, and I can't really find a guide showing how to make a scabbard for a sword, and I myself have no idea how to do it. Anyone who can link me one, or give me a brief idea how to do it? Using Wings btw, if that matters.

It's alright, but instead of making a blue s
Specular map, which could mess it a bit, stick to greyscale shades and make the SpecRGB blue a few higher than red and green. (In OpenBRF)

TomW426 said:
Maroon said:

qx84.jpg

cphm.jpg

8tjm.jpg

It's alright, but instead of making a blue s
Specular map, which could mess it a bit, stick to greyscale shades and make the SpecRGB blue a few higher than red and green. (In OpenBRF)

I tried that, but that messed up the parts of the weapon that weren't supposed to be blue, like the handle. Right now, the blade itself is grey, the specular is a little blue (really little, I've noticed that even a little bit quickly becomes too much), and the weapon's blue coeff is a little bit higher than the others, and that's working pretty fine atm.
Also, I've started working on a scabbard, with the help of Ache, so thanks for that! :grin:

Hello. I've come here for advice about two swords I'm currenty working on. I was going to do UVW unwarpping, but I'm afraid a bit, that I'll miss something that should be corrected. For example, after getting them ingame I've found that a handguard in a second model needs some adjustment or otherwise part of it will "sink" into armored gloves (which are quite large and bulky). Do you see anything that may cause problems like that? Other suggestions are also welcome.

McCullxch said:
Here is my first attempt at modelling:

fgvyPaJ.png

I understand that it is not great, but I'm sure I can improve if I keep practicing.

If anyone is willing to maybe give me some pointers and what-not that'd be great as I would like to take modelling a bit more seriously and attempt more in-depth objects.

Start off with adding some hard edges on the whole blade and grooves etc on handle.

amilus said:
Hello. I've come here for advice about two swords I'm currenty working on. I was going to do UVW unwarpping, but I'm afraid a bit, that I'll miss something that should be corrected. For example, after getting them ingame I've found that a handguard in a second model needs some adjustment or otherwise part of it will "sink" into armored gloves (which are quite large and bulky). Do you see anything that may cause problems like that? Other suggestions are also welcome.

When you've made a texture, you can still edit the model all you like, the texture will adjust itself to it. Don't edit it too much, though, or else the texture will look a bit distorted.

Maroon said:
When you've made a texture, you can still edit the model all you like, the texture will adjust itself to it. Don't edit it too much, though, or else the texture will look a bit distorted.

Well its just not true. Adding or removing vertices render uvw mapping useless.

As long as you don't screw up the UV edges you have plenty of room for adjusting in Wings - just don't forget to re-select the faces and right-click UV-map if the outliner is active so the faces are visible again and contiguous with the rest of its map.

amilus said:

Looks like some early 16th to mid 17th century weapons. Quite an interesting work. Are they for a mod?

For the gloves-issues you found, fiddling with the position in open-brf could just do.

However, I have a little concern: How many polys/vertices did you use for this gear? Especially the pommels seem too high in fidelity.

They are not for a mod, at least not at the moment. The first one has 824 faces and the second one 1056. I know its quite a lot, but I'm going to create at least 4 additional LODs.

amilus said:
They are not for a mod, at least not at the moment. The first one has 824 faces and the second one 1056. I know its quite a lot, but I'm going to create at least 4 additional LODs.

That's not too bad, for a triangulated mesh! I've seen swords in mods with 2500 faces, so 824 and 1056 will do just fine, methinks.

Back
Top Bottom