Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Aenarion said:
Oh, crap. Well I finally managed to get the module running with added quests, dialogs, troops etc. And the only problem was that in my dialogs I used the ' mark...  :roll:  When and IF I manage to make a mod, I will add most of the stuff that I have made and shown here to the mod. Maybe next month I may continue on my newest project because I have 5 exams coming and 3 of them are next week.  :mad:
You mean you are making a mod?

Like, my second gun I've actually finished. Not perfect or anything. It's supposed to be a musket.

rmancrusader said:
Aenarion said:
Oh, crap. Well I finally managed to get the module running with added quests, dialogs, troops etc. And the only problem was that in my dialogs I used the ' mark...  :roll:  When and IF I manage to make a mod, I will add most of the stuff that I have made and shown here to the mod. Maybe next month I may continue on my newest project because I have 5 exams coming and 3 of them are next week.  :mad:
You mean you are making a mod?

Well... I do have a map. I do have the models and I do have a storyline... Kinda, I am still making it and it may be a little cheesy. Now what I need is tonnes of script and someone to rig armor. I hope it will be unique and I hope I have the skills to finish the job (lots of screwed up mods, but I am more talented now).

That's nifty...when are you going to start a thread for it (unless you already have)?

BTW, Drifter, that model is just like the rest of yours...great.

Eother said:
That's nifty...when are you going to start a thread for it (unless you already have)?

Not until I have a Beta. So maybe within 5-7 months I guess if I do everything myself.

Well if you released some info about it, there might be a few brave souls that might volunteer to help, and thus you would get it done sooner, hopefully before you loose interest.

It has been long since the last time I called Fnornbar my home. It was destroyed in a time when death had a physical form. In those days, death was called Ashindar.
Many said that he was a god. Others say that he was an embodiment of evil and the few know, that once he was a man. It hurts my soul to know that he was an outcast, hated by all. His soul darkened with every passing second, because he never knew how to love. He knew only that through fear, he could gain power and with power he could have revenge. It was our fault. We are responsible for the losses…
Nothing is good nor evil when they born. Not even Ashindar. Others refuse to see that. They refuse to take the burden. They refuse to carry responsibility. That is a sign of weakness.
The realms of man have always been weak. They rely on gods to save them, but they do not rely on stout hearts. They manage to survive only because there are always the few who are pure. Few in numbers, they defend others without hesitation even when their lives are risked.
Greed. It has separated the pure from the weak. There are too many realms that fight each other because of the desire for land and riches. They must be united for the coming storm. They have a chance to survive when united, but they will fall when divided.
Some say that Ashindar is dead. Others say that he rules the hells nowadays, but again, the few know the truth. He will be back. He will drown the lands in blood and he will bring despair.

- This writing was found within the ruins of Kurn. It is believed to be a part of the book of ages that was written by Novarron the silent. No proof of the existence of such a tome has been discovered and it remains a myth. -

A leader must be chosen to lead the realms of man and you are the chosen one…

It should give you the idea about the storyline. The mod will have a dark athmosphere, but I am no great story writer.  :sad:  So, uh... How is it?

The map... It is a work in progress.

http://i83.imagethrust.com/images/4u66/computer-games-and-screenshots/map.html

And btw... Help?

Sorry for the OT. I wont post anymore about that in this topic.

Drifter said:
Apollon-04 said:
nice sword! where do you get your textures? Will that be in your weapons pack?

It'll be in.
Parts of the swords texture are from real swords, parts of it I created from scratch.

32,432 polies tesselated.

holy crap That is WAY to many poly's for a scene prop, especially one so basic, I could see if it was something unique, cool, and atmospheric but... its just a barrel, theres already one of those in native, and no offence it looks a small bit better

heres a falcata I just did in 3D max, ill put it in mount and blade later when I sort my module out and get it working (I have made better falcatas before but its hard to keep the damn polly count low enough on such a complex sword)

falcatazw7.jpg

Nethoras said:
Drifter said:
Apollon-04 said:
nice sword! where do you get your textures? Will that be in your weapons pack?

It'll be in.
Parts of the swords texture are from real swords, parts of it I created from scratch.

32,432 polies tesselated.

holy crap That is WAY to many poly's for a scene prop, especially one so basic, I could see if it was something unique, cool, and atmospheric but... its just a barrel, theres already one of those in native, and no offence it looks a small bit better
:lol:
That was a joke. It's only like... 140** polies, even less polies then the native barrel, if i remember correctly.

I seriously can't believe anyone actually believed that.

Edit: Native barrel is 316 polies.

Highelf said:
Its more than possible, alot of people bash the 'S' button before putting it ingame. Also, hah! My guess was just 4 polies off. :smile:

Yeah, you were closer before I tesselated it.   :smile:

I pretty much never use the S button, it just makes objects massively high in poly counts.

Back
Top Bottom