Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Drifter, all of the models you post are really good, keep it up.

Highelf- a little off topic, but how do you change your name?

nice sword! where do you get your textures? Will that be in your weapons pack?

Apollon-04 said:
nice sword! where do you get your textures? Will that be in your weapons pack?

It'll be in.
Parts of the swords texture are from real swords, parts of it I created from scratch.

32,432 polies tesselated.

Galactic Mercenary said:
Aenarion, can I have that and the Katar?

I don't believe katars could work ingame since the way they're required to be held. You'd have to add a hilt, but then it wouldn't be a katar anymore... It'd be a stupid looking shortsword.

Drifter said:
Galactic Mercenary said:

I don't believe katars could work ingame since the way they're required to be held. You'd have to add a hilt, but then it wouldn't be a katar anymore... It'd be a stupid looking shortsword.

Youd just have to position it carefully.

Uhhh, about the blade... To me it sounds like your mod will be something very, very bizarre don't you think? It IS a fantasy sword afterall, but I guess it is ok for you to have it as I am not actively making any mod right now (I am still learning how to use the module system). Just remember to give me credit.

Anyway, you can always get the textures from internet.

BTW, does anybody know what happens when a module loads and the part 'Loading Setting Data...' appears on the screen? I made a valid module with the module system and it just crashes in the middle of the loading progress... I guess the problem is quite simple, but I can't figure it out. Any help?

Aenarion said:
Drifter said:
Galactic Mercenary said:

Youd just have to position it carefully.

Uhhh, about the blade... To me it sounds like your mod will be something very, very bizarre don't you think? It IS a fantasy sword afterall, but I guess it is ok for you to have it as I am not actively making any mod right now (I am still learning how to use the module system). Just remember to give me credit.

Anyway, you can always get the textures from internet.

BTW, does anybody know what happens when a module loads and the part 'Loading Setting Data...' appears on the screen? I made a valid module with the module system and it just crashes in the middle of the loading progress... I guess the problem is quite simple, but I can't figure it out. Any help?

Uh.  You'd have to place it sideways, and when you swing it, it'd be facing away from you.

Your problem may be having many versions of python installed (that was my problem when I used to get that crash), just go to add and remove programs and remove any extra versions.

Aenarion said:

Are you sure you ran through build_module.bat (or whatever) succesfully? If so, take a new set of scripts (and a new copy of native) and copy whatever you edited and try again.

Most of them are 196 polies tesselated. Two are over 200, but under 300. Some of their blades are a bit thick, but I'll fix that later.

On the katar thing, isnt there a way to give it the animtions of the fist?

Yes, in a certain mod with zombies, (i forget its name), the creator made big claws as weapons, so it looked like the claws were the zombies hands, and it worked fine, its just all about the positioning.

Oh, crap. Well I finally managed to get the module running with added quests, dialogs, troops etc. And the only problem was that in my dialogs I used the ' mark...  :roll:  When and IF I manage to make a mod, I will add most of the stuff that I have made and shown here to the mod. Maybe next month I may continue on my newest project because I have 5 exams coming and 3 of them are next week.  :mad:

Back
Top Bottom