Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Quads are easier to work with but most engines can only handle tris, that's why people usually keep things as quads until they finally export it to the format they use for the game.

Can I use multimeshing for scabbards?

How do scabbards actually work?

(The Renaissance mod has a couple of scabbardless swords we want to be given a scabbard. Multimeshing would seem intuitively excellent for that job...)

Yes, you can use multimesh; bear in mind that if the multimesh uses two materials, it increases costs, but for scabbards, if you're re-using them a lot it doesn't matter that much.

They work by using a vertex animation; frame 0:0 is default, 1:10 is default, 2:20 is hidden (basically, just shrink the hilt and hide within the scabbard, or move it so far underground that nobody will see it), 3:30 is apparently not used and not necessary.

Ikaguia said:
almighty banhammer :grin:
screenshoot1bl.png

screenshoot2.png

48 faces not triangulated
100 faces triangulated

Anybody know a free program to make normalmaps, speculamaps and all those things?

The normalmap plugin for gimp (pm me if you need a know-how)
or CrazyBump. :smile:

just reworked an old armor and helmet i did 6-8 months before + new boots
also here is an small update on mine plume with looks a lot better than all others mine old plumes (just reconstructed it with new idea)

pgzuZfFgyczZb3xkthU_aTdWVc6JrDOepl6zEEJEpjvAu5TREOToshbg5oCqATvI6W0bl0q1cY9aYZ3ZnULARqnRXOy99e3nQV4
Edit for some reason i have found that google docs changing picture links so here is the link at google doc page
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9r1XKIe1BU6NDc0ZDM5MGQtYjUyNS00MzZlLTk4MWItNzFkNDdhMTVkODJi

triangles = 1972 (608 for plume + 1364 for metal parts)
(plume haven't reall texture, only the height map with i used for normal maps and openbrf color unifrom)

CU-0H1xyZFZmXKAejwBW6Mie7Qc71l9Czij3X6JQ9b9spZQLeob8w3RHmR8EUihDKILsdAj3-oTeJD6Zy-jITi7r6upHtVOP6xQ
triangles = 1382
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9r1XKIe1BU6OTk5MjNiMTktZGJhYy00NjMzLTkzYTAtOGY5YzAxNmY2MzBh&hl=en_US

alexandero.png

mb94.jpg

mb93.jpg

mb92.jpg

mb91b.jpg

mb90e.jpg

mb89m.jpg

mb88.jpg

mb87.jpg

mb86.jpg

mb85.jpg

mb84.jpg

mb83g.jpg

mb82.jpg

and here is an quite old version
halexander.gif

alexander2.gif

mb63.jpg

mb62.jpg

mb60.jpg

mb41.jpg

@rgcotl:  Great improvement :smile:
I think that you should use AO burns in OpenBRF on the helmet and armor, use a specular coef of 10,9,8 for the helmet (that will give the specular a bit of color and make it look more like bronze) and I agree that the cloth was over-done and should probably be re-adjusted.

ilovemyhedgehog said:
Whats better for rigging triangles or quads? Or does it not matter?
Triangles are the most basic, 3d, polygonal form.  (Only 3 vertices.)  Quads are easy but tris are infinitely more valuable to work with. 

Not exactly a 3d model, but I've been working on the semblance of a rendering engine.  Currently I've got heightmap generation, so I used it to make this Darth Vader face.  :razz: 
44364664.png

Back
Top Bottom