Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

What do you think guys  Its low poly .It is only 520 poly
brorsas.jpg
browwwwwww.jpg

смертник said:
pretty nice
the only problem i could see is that you worked on mirrored version
so in game when shaders is in(medium high) version you could easy see the line between the mirrors
also when i look at screens it is even possible to see the line between the mirrors

That probably depends on the bumpmap in a autobump. If you autobump, the space between the edges of the texture and the blank space behind create a fake bump, upwards if the background is white or downwards if it's black. The solution is either correcting the bump itself by any trick you know, or expanding the outlining pixels of the texture just enough.

That's if you autobump. If it's happening due to something else, I don't know what it is.

Ahmet_Soykara said:
What do you think guys  Its low poly .It is only 520 poly
brorsas.jpg
browwwwwww.jpg

Ah the good old ma deuss... nice model

I'm guessing it's for that mod in your signature. In my opinion, you could probably spent a few more polies on that. 1500 to 2000, maybe more depending on how many will be in a scene...

A few critiques :grin:

I would add a charging handle. Since it feeds from the left it needs to be on the right. I'd also add a butterfly trigger, and make the grips black. Maybe add a throat to where the bullets feed in. I'd also brush up the texture a bit; just because it's low poly doesn't mean it has to have a lower quality texture. I'd add some shading to suggest the detailing of the charging handle slide (which you modeled) and add some bolts to the casing.

The bullets are also way to skinny to be .50 caliber. Honestly they just look like really long 7.62. Just google the browning 50 cal and see how big the bullets are in relation to the weapon. .50 caliber means half inch diameter bullets. They're a handful.

The ammo can could use some depth. just spend a few polies to make it a topless box.

Since it's for a modern/near future setting, I'd add some rails to the feed tray cover for optics and ****. Maybe an improved heat guard (the thing with holes in it by the barrel) with a built in picatinny rail system for laser pointers/flashlights etc.

Since the weapon can be set up to feed from either side, you could do this with your model.....

ta4ojo.jpg

All that said though, for a low poly model it looks pretty good. Nice work :wink:

Headmaster said:
That probably depends on the bumpmap in a autobump. If you autobump, the space between the edges of the texture and the blank space behind create a fake bump, upwards if the background is white or downwards if it's black. The solution is either correcting the bump itself by any trick you know, or expanding the outlining pixels of the texture just enough.

That's if you autobump. If it's happening due to something else, I don't know what it is.
not exactly true :smile:
for example if you did half helmet uvmapped it, made texture and bump map
and latter mirrored it (for example in wings3d)
then the uvmap is an single sheet just it is flattened
so in wings3d even in open BRF (with works on openGL2.0) all looks fine and so on
but cause game works on directx9
there comes some tricks with couldint smoothly handle things like flattened uvmap
helmetmirrors.png
so if you look at picture i made red line shows how the light direction moves
and the other arrows shows where light position commes
so when light is at position1 and at position2 all is fine
but when it reaches position3 then mesh and uvmapping saying that it must continue theres no any kind of break
and also theres no any sign on normal map that there should light do something
helmetmirrors2.png
so at there in engine comes someking of misunderstanding
and here is example i noticed some time ago
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,20178.msg4510106.html#msg4510106

rgcotl  ,I had such a problem
but I found a solution to this problem http://rusmnb.ru/index.php?topic=634.msg432330#msg432330  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom