Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

you put imagination on a blender, it blends, and from a little hole  called export,  any game can have godwork-mod models.

I made these shield designs, let me know what you guys think:

set1n.png

set2.png

set3n.png

set4.png

showcasing the red army infantry and officer uniforms, and the banner in a HUUUGGGEEEE battle against a formidable foe

(several large images)

wuoysw.jpg

Army deploys

o8xmi8.jpg

Prepare to meet the foe, brave soldiers!

1zzhls8.jpg

UUURRRRAAAAA!!!

259crnr.jpg

the great enemy force moves forth also

9s80uh.jpg

The earth shakes as the great forces clash

mb18.png

the fields run red with blood

mb19o.jpg

after a valiant battle, we emerge victorious. SLAVA!

Looks like proletariat angry with golfers. That knocked figure have to be an oppressive capitalist.  :lol:
Great work bigboyaah!

Right, since I didn't get a reply on the rigging thread, i'll pose my questions here.

Is there a way to limit the influence of a bone on a rigid piece? I'm making some armor, and a couple have rather large pauldrons that are rigged to the shoulder bones, and it would be all good were it not for for some of the more extreme animations (overhead swings), which makes my pauldrons clip horrendously into the head.  :???:

I've tried other things like rigging them to the upper arm (less problems with overhead swings but horrible clipping into the body in other attack anims), rigging them to the thorax bone (arms clip through the pauldrons....) so yeah, less than awesome results.

Also, I can't seem to export a mesh without exporting the bones as well, gives me an error in openBRF when I try to import. But if I include the bones in the export, it shows up on the model as well. I'm sure i'm missing something, as the stock models don't have visible bones, so help please.

if anyone has any tips to solve this i'd appreciate it alot. Sooner I get these issues solved the sooner I can texture them, thanks!  :mrgreen:

Image of my test mesh, you can see the pauldrons clipping the head area, as well as the visible bones:
armorprobl.jpg

About clipping plaudrons - it's effect of using unrealistically oversized armour parts (they might work as heavy jousting armour, but not for any fencing) in game with quite realistic animations.
Here's example of well designed plaudrons, which still looks big and badass
http://www.longshank.com/images/gothic%20plate.jpg
Also - M&B animation is not designed for plater armour, because you have to rig breastplate flexibly to multiple bones (looks silly). If you plan on making mod with plate armour, I recommend tweaking animations.

Are you sure you are rigging all the pauldron verts 100% (important) to the upper arm bone? I would imagine that would be relatively fine as far as clipping.

As for the exporting, no, you shouldn't export the skeleton at all. In your SMD exporter, you should be able to untick exporting skeletons.

Back
Top Bottom