Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to apply (and make) a bump map to one of my models before I post it, but I can't quite seem to get it to work. Anyone have a nice tutorial or can explain real quick?

nemeruis said:
woow Deon you are the best (ı like fantastic stuffs)

baltassiy2.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome! me likes! :smile:

My first sword, using the tutorial:

werl2008-09-3018-16-38-23.jpg

werl2008-09-3018-16-33-74.jpg

werl2008-09-3018-16-08-36.jpg

werl2008-09-3018-16-03-66.jpg

The tutorial cleared a lot of things up and im hoping to texture my first sword and put it in game  :wink:

What you guys think?

thedudee95 said:
What you guys think?

Looks good for your first try but the hilt is a little odd. The hand guard shouldn't be pointy like that, it almost looks like it's sharper then the blade itself. Try to round it out or something, maybe make it a unique shape to make the sword stand out. Also add a pommel to the grip so it doesn't look so plain. Keep it up and practice a bit more and I'm sure it'll look great once you're done.

Smitehappy said:
thedudee95 said:
What you guys think?

Looks good for your first try but the hilt is a little odd. The hand guard shouldn't be pointy like that, it almost looks like it's sharper then the blade itself. Try to round it out or something, maybe make it a unique shape to make the sword stand out. Also add a pommel to the grip so it doesn't look so plain. Keep it up and practice a bit more and I'm sure it'll look great once you're done.
fixing it now, thanks!

Will post new sword here:

thedudee95 said:
Better? worse? any tips? COmments. All welcome! :grin:

Much better, though you might have a problem adding texture to that blade's hilt. It's very complex and will be a ***** to uv map. Maybe make it a bit more simple for your first try. Then again I doubt I could make one better XD

Smitehappy said:
thedudee95 said:
Better? worse? any tips? COmments. All welcome! :grin:

Much better, though you might have a problem adding texture to that blade's hilt. It's very complex and will be a ***** to uv map. Maybe make it a bit more simple for your first try. Then again I doubt I could make one better XD
lol, ima try to just make it a little less complex, then look at the tutorial, and try to texture.

I suppose I should stop acting like I'm not completely horrible at Wings and show some of my own stuff.  :oops:

My very first sword, as you can tell I royally screwed up the uv map and just gave up.

My second and less horrible sword I just started making. I wanted to make it really uniform and square but it didn't really turn out well and doesn't look all the functional.  :neutral: Haven't texture it yet.

Back
Top Bottom