Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Voutare said:
mx2009-04-1209-02-25-55.jpg

Just the skin on the bike. (excluding the tires.)

Marinesshroud.jpg

Here is a shot in photoshop.
Awesome job, what game is that?

amade said:
Leopardo said:
amade said:
Something not-related to M&B:
Sigma_14_3D_WIP_amade.jpg
An old project which I'm ressurecting. Hoping to finish it this time. Will probably redo the lame looking head-cowling.
really cool but... what is it? a robot head or a camera?

It was an attempt to model a mecha from an old illustration:
sigma14_amade.jpg
Yes, I know it's a bloody huge camera. Not really practical or realistic but what the hell, I just think it's cool :-p

Moshbeast: Getting better, but still no cigar :wink:
The inscriptions are way too dark and solid and looks painted on rather than chiseled in. Lighten the inscription design using levels and like Barf already said in another thread you should try using Bevel or whatver it's called in GIMP. It won't give you a perfect result yet but it'd help show you how to make it better. Always experiment. Or if you're feeling adventurous you can paint in the chisel effect yourself directly onto your inscriptions. The handle for the morning star(?) looks ok, but I think it'd be realistic if it was wooden or you can use the same texture and make it look like it's wrapped in leather by changing the base colour for the handle.

how the hell am i suppose to play around with it if i don't see ant difference...

Moshbeast said:
amade said:
Leopardo said:
amade said:
An old project which I'm ressurecting. Hoping to finish it this time. Will probably redo the lame looking head-cowling.

sigma14_amade.jpg
Yes, I know it's a bloody huge camera. Not really practical or realistic but what the hell, I just think it's cool :-p

The inscriptions are way too dark and solid and looks painted on rather than chiseled in. Lighten the inscription design using levels and like Barf already said in another thread you should try using Bevel or whatver it's called in GIMP. It won't give you a perfect result yet but it'd help show you how to make it better. Always experiment. Or if you're feeling adventurous you can paint in the chisel effect yourself directly onto your inscriptions. The handle for the morning star(?) looks ok, but I think it'd be realistic if it was wooden or you can use the same texture and make it look like it's wrapped in leather by changing the base colour for the handle.

how the hell am i suppose to play around with it if i don't see ant difference...

Is your scribbles/inscriptions transparent and on a separate layer?

amade said:
Moshbeast said:
amade said:
Leopardo said:
amade said:

sigma14_amade.jpg

yea the fill type is set to transparent and they are on a different layer (standard option for new layers is always transparent for me :razz:)
and the robot you made got that from warhammer 40k dawn of war by any chance? if i didn't know any better i'd say thats a tau stealth suit...or a firewarrior :razz:

bjorne. said:
Moshbeast said:

That's really nice moshbeast. You should have some modders to put it in their mods

i am they are going into invasion of the black heart but i'd give them to any modder that wants them :razz:

If the mod I was working on wasn't a musket era mod. I would be more than happy to have the mace. It's incredible!

Moshbeast said:
amade said:

yea the fill type is set to transparent and they are on a different layer (standard option for new layers is always transparent for me :razz:)
and the robot you made got that from warhammer 40k dawn of war by any chance? if i didn't know any better i'd say thats a tau stealth suit...or a firewarrior :razz:

If your pattern/scribbles are transparent then you should be able to achieve similar results using layer blend modes and effects:
layer_blend_effect.jpg

I'm not sure how GIMP handles layers, so possibly someone else can tell you how to achieve these results using GIMP. However, for a basic explanation the original pattern itself was only lightened (from black changed to gray), and then the chisel/emboss effect was applied using Photoshop's layer effects. You can see in the upper row how the effect is applied around the unchanged pattern.

As for the robot, it's an original design though I have to admit the head looks similar to those tau armors... I'm not really into warhammer *gasp* :-p

oh I am so tempted to link to a picture of a gimp....
it stands for General Image Manipulation Program...for editing images or drawing, creating textures etc.

maku177 said:
Final version has 12K poly :shock:

sworddj.png

and handle.

kepide.png

I made my first handmade gimp texture for handle.

ok that is already better but the handle is still a perfect cylinder and no sword has a perfect cylinder as a handle

Ok Is This An Better Detailed Sword Then:
HandGuard:
16hn820.jpg

Entire Sword:
2v2tdab.jpg

Please Comment
          o 
O-------|----------------->
          o

Moshbeast said:
maku177 said:
Final version has 12K poly :shock:

sworddj.png

and handle.

kepide.png

I made my first handmade gimp texture for handle.

ok that is already better but the handle is still a perfect cylinder and no sword has a perfect cylinder as a handle

Is this better :?: :?:
kepide2.png

Back
Top Bottom