Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Just trying to save y'all some time. 

The last thing I'd worry about is the face system.  Just getting paper-doll working and developing the standard for the head busts will be challenge enough  :lol:

Oh, and... I had to do some coder stuff for a bit (finally finished breaking down / optimizing the main shaders, some other crap) but the Wheene weapons are finally in this game engine:

wheene_weapons_gameshots001.jpg

Added a set of bamboo pieces, a (quick and very rough) dressing divider (which probably won't be used) and a blessing/ward post to the stylized japanese scene:
Bamboo_zpsbfbee8f6.png

BambooTree_zps14534dad.png

Divider_zpsa5301e3d.png

BlessPost_zps6300ca4a.png

Looking great thus far, can't wait to see the next evolution of the scene :smile:

It's feeling fairly generic; would like to see more color variation and different distances between segments.  Real bamboo isn't quite that regular.

It also looks like it's using a lot of geometry and could probably be lower resolution but still be a reasonable prop, provided the normalmap and specular contribute more to the material.  Then again, I see that the decking planks are all beveled so I guess nobody cares  :lol:
Center AO is way too far in.
I think the edge highlighting should get pulled back a little, even in this toon style.  Would also like to see a bit more tonal variation overall and a bit less saturation to suggest bleaching.

xenoargh said:
Just trying to save y'all some time. 

The last thing I'd worry about is the face system.  Just getting paper-doll working and developing the standard for the head busts will be challenge enough  :lol:

Oh, and... I had to do some coder stuff for a bit (finally finished breaking down / optimizing the main shaders, some other crap) but the Wheene weapons are finally in this game engine:
wheene_weapons_gameshots001.jpg
That blade texture looks bad. The handle looks amazing though, definitely love the high fantasy look.

Yeah, the blades are probably my biggest beef, too.  They're where the noise and distortion's the most obvious.  I'll think about that problem a bit.  Probably the best solution is to just convert them to simple gradients. 

In fact, if I'd set out that way, I could have saved a ton of the atlas for other things.  Kind of late to do that kind of revision though.

Here is a sneak peek at what Im working on now.

modula10.jpg

The house has 4500 tris and its made of modules which one day I hope Ill make enough of to build the city I mentioned. If all goes well it might even turn into a mod. Wish me luck  :oops:

Bluehawk said:
I don't believe the buckles were false.

livgehng-karolinsk.jpg

zKs5o9a.jpg

The one that's displayed with the uniform Charles XII died in very much appears to have a false buckle. I have seen that surviving one you posted, but I wasn't sure it was from the right era or the right troop.

Actually, Charles' appears to be the same as this one, which has a false buckle. I guess I forgot the thong.

Your example is from 1743 according to its source, and my example has no identified date at all. Looking at Carl's uniform though on display, it seems no overlapping tab is fed through the buckle as one would expect, so it is indeed false and the belt is probably fixed with a hidden latch like your example. I concede.

Sorry for the double-post, guess it's been a slow day :smile:  Finally got various stuff done, wanted to show off the new and improved Death Knight costumes thus far.  This is a bunch of people's work:  work by Taleworlds, Narf, Spak, Wheene, me.

death_knights001.jpg
death_knights002.jpg
death_knights003.jpg
death_knights004.jpg
death_knights005.jpg

Tatari_okan said:
It has no spec and bump maps. I used Wings3d's one of old version to render it with OpenGl.

I thought it looked like one of those. I do miss that quick render feature :razz:

I reckon it'd look excellent with a decent Specular and Bump map applied to it. The detail on the highlights is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom